Old 01-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #145
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
WOE: Low carb cake plan!
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
Not all of my filling fit into my 9 inch pie pan. I think next time I might try a 10 inch pie pan, but then the crust ingredients would have to be increased. The crust came up the sides but not over the lip, so there was no worry about overbrowning. DH is already requesting another. And some high carbers asked for the recipe!
Pecan Pie Crust Buttoni
1 1/4 c. finely ground pecans
3 T. unsalted butter softened
3 packets Stevia or Splenda
1/4 c flax meal
Combine all ingredients and press into bottom of glass pie plate. Bake in 375 oven for 10-12 minutes to toast pecans a bit and bring out their flavor. Cool and fill as desired.
Pecan Pie Filling Soobee
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
cup brown sugar substitute
cup tagatose
1 tsp molasses
3/4 cup Vitafiber
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
2 cups chopped toasted pecans
1 to 2 tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Set separate racks in the center and lower third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Bake on a baking sheet on the center rack until the dough is set, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In medium saucepan, combine the butter, tagatose, erythritol, molasses and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stirring constantly, continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the nuts, bourbon and the vanilla. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk the beaten eggs into the filling until smooth. Put the pie shell on a sheet pan and pour the filling into the crust. Bake on the lower oven rack until the edges are set but the center is still slightly loose, about 35 to 45 minutes.
This was gorgeous, the flavor outstanding! I can't wait for next Thanksgiving - I'm sure I'll break down and make it again before then. Highly recommend
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote