1. FABULOUS FLOUR BROWNIES-Barbo

Preheat oven to 350
Prepare a 7.5" by 5" Pyrex baking dish
Makes 9 brownies

Sift into a medium bowl:
2 tbs. OAT FIBER (NOT FLOUR)
2 tbs. coconut flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbs. vanilla protein powder (I use J.Robb)
1 tbs. egg white powder
2 tbs. dark cocoa powder sf
1 tbs. sugar free cocoa mix (optional)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. glucomannan powder, I use NOW brand (Konjac Root)
*1-3 tbs. powdered (erythritol) (in coffee grinder)
AFTER SIFTING WELL AND MIXING
Liquid and fat:
In a small saucepan place:
1 tbs. butter
1 tbs. oil your choice (I had macadamia nut)
1/4 c. SF Torani or DV French vanilla flavoring
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream

Bring liquid almost to a boil.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix quickly.
Batter will puff up. Place immediately into your
prepared pan. My oven baked it to perfection in
10 minutes. Cool 3/4 of the way. Cut into 9 squares.

While brownies are baking, **grind some more erythritol
into powder. Place powder into a small pan for dredging.
Dredge each brownie into powdered 'sugar' and coat well.

I use an **old coffee bean grinder and it makes powdered sugar
in just minutes.

Options: sf chocolate chips, toasted nuts. Whatever you
can dream up.

2. Cookies-ouizoid

1/2 c of my flour mix
1.5 Tbs butter
1 egg
1/4 c half n half
1/3 cup sweetener mix
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup pecan bits

mix til batter is thick like cookie dough and drop onto cookie sheet by spoonful. Bake at 350 about 12 minutes or until brown on top. Indistinguishable from high carb cookies.

3. Waffles-Callieco

The texture and mouth feel are so close to the real thing I don't think anyone would know it's not a regular high carb waffle. It had a slightly crispy crust although not as crispy as a flour waffle but close enough. My only problem was it fell apart when trying to take it out of the waffle iron.

1/2 c mix (unflavored whey in mine)
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp erythritol
1 tsp inulin
1 tsp splenda
combined all these in one measuring cup

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 tbl oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
mixed all these together and then added to dry.

Batter was fairly thick, very similar to regular waffle batter but not runny. I spread it out over greased waffle so it covered almost to sides. Cooked up nice and brown and tender inside. Just too delicate. Still well worth the trouble of picking up the pieces.

4. Pie crust-Callieco

This was the closest thing to a flour pie crust I've had since I started low carbing . It is really good. I added some almond flour but basically just used the mix and a regular pie crust recipe:

1/4 cup mix
2TBL almond flour
salt (to taste - I tend to like salty)
1/2 stick cold butter
3 TBL water

Mix the dry ingredients and cut the butter in until crumbly and well mixed. Add water - one tablespoon at a time and mix. The dough was wet but not sticky.

I put the dough into two 5" ceramic tart dishes and formed the crust with my fingers. Pricked with a fork and baked at 325 for about 25 min. I have an oven that never bakes the same way twice so your time might be different.

It's flaky and holds up really well. It stuck a little to the dish so I don't know if you could cut 'slices' but I made no bake cheesecakes with them and it was delicious - honestly I don't think I would have known they were low carb if I hadn't baked them myself. The coconut does seem to get stronger baking it like this though. I used Bob's Red Mill which has a pretty strong taste and smell. Still, amazing stuff.

5. Biscuits-RVcook

I can't handle the coconut flavor in a savory bread, so I'm sticking with the almond flour version. When I make it this way, it really does taste like a biscuit to me. Here is my version:

2 TBS oat fiber
2 TBS almond flour
1 TBS parmesan cheese
1 TBS egg white powder
1 TBS unflavored whey protein isolate (Biochem brand)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. gluc.
pinch salt
approx 1/2 cup low carb milk

For a serving, I would use 1/2 of this recipe mixed well in a 4" square micro dish. Nuke 1 min 30 secs in 1000 watt micro. Flip out of dish, slice into two thin slices or diagonally for two thick slices. Makes one perfect serving of 2 slices of 'bread'. OR nuke in custard cup for more of a biscuit shape. Spread with butter.

6. Southern Buttermilk Biscuits-KCSoccer

Preheat oven to 425ļF. (I baked in toaster oven, because I didn't want to heat the whole oven for 2 biscuits.)

2 Tbs Oatfiber
1 Tbs coconut flour
1 Tbs almond flour
(I omitted whey protein powder)
1 Tbs eggwhite powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
1/2 tsp glucomannan powder (I used one capsule, about 1/3 tsp. actually)

Mix all ingredients together and place bowl in refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes. You want all ingredients COLD.

1 Tbs cold unsalted butter
3 Tbs buttermilk

Cut the cold butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal. Add buttermilk and stir until a shaggy dough forms (you may need to add more or less buttermilk, depending upon how absorbent your coconut flour is). Pat (or roll) out two biscuit shapes, about ĺ inch high and 2-3 inches in diameter. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Makes 2 biscuits.

While these didnít rise as much as a wheat-flour based biscuit (Iím sure thatís the gluten), the texture was spot on Ė mouthfeel was like a real biscuit.

7. Bread-Callieco

1/4 cup Ouizoid's mix
1 TBL oat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp equivalent sweetener (I used Tagatose-just got some)
1 egg
1 TBL oil
1/4 cup sparkling water

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix in the egg and oil. Add the sparkling water last, stir until well combined. Spray or grease whatever you're going to bake it in. I used the mini loaf pan and baked at 325 for 25 min or until firm to touch and browning on top.

8. Sugar Cookies-ouizoid

A Particularly Delightful Cookie!

I creamed together 2 TBS MCT oil (any oil would do no doubt) 1/4 cup erythritol (my brown sugar knock-off) and 2 Tbs sour cream with 1/4 cup of my mix. dropped rounded spoonfuls on parchment and baked at 350 for 10-12 minutes--brown and crispy on the bottom, cakey in the middle and really so like high carb snickerdoodles!! Delish!
On your bread recipe you say, add oat fiber and baking powder to the mix, doesn't the mix have that in there already or do I add additional? Thank you
Lusine is offline   Reply With Quote