View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:09 AM   #4
BrianSCohen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BrianSCohen
Stats: 205/206/210
WOE: Modified Berstein 30-50g/day
Start Date: August 2006
I have not used the Slow Burn program so take my comments with a grain of salt. I have read the book and I am however familiar with the long line of training philosophy on these techniques. The techniques advocated by Arthur Jones and people who followed his teachings focused on high intensity training. El Darden really puts foward measured timed sets, making large "inroads," and allowing generous recovery. This book is a modern spin on these techniques.

In all these techniques, and in Slow Burn, intensity is the key. If you are the type of person who can drive yourself, or if you have coaching or workout partners who can help you with intensity, I believe most people can be very successful with this sort of program. If you wimp out, don't push yourself and give out just because it is uncomfortable, then this may not be the program for you.

ps. Fred, I hope I have not offended you with my opinions on your work.

pps. Soreness or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is a good sign, wear that badge with pride. Usually with repeated training, you experience less DOMS, however using high intensity training may result in occaisional DOMS even for experienced lifters.