View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
gotsomeold
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I'm excited, happy and apprehensive! The last part is because DH just retired! It's been stressing me out for quite a while now. I mean knowing it was coming. But now that the holidays are almost over, it's really hitting me.

We are in limbo about whether or not we are going to move. DH really wants to and I do not. He has been pushing about it lately.

Also, he is what you might call an "enabler" when it comes to food.

Every time I turn around, he is bringing home a pizza or wanting to go to a movie and getting a big bucket of buttered popcorn and sodas.

Seems like it's worse if I tell him I'm back on my plan and don't want to be de-railed. If he wants to go out to dinner and I say no, he acts like a hurt puppy and makes me feel bad.

Gosh, now that I'll have him around every single day, all the time, I'm afraid my nice calm DDs will be messed up...
Gosh, Yam-Yam, are you married to my DH?

Actually, mine retires at the end of January. And he can and does cook...which is a huge help to me keeping on track.

Maybe we can start a separate 'Adjusting to having better half hanging around all the time' thread? Maybe there is a 'surviving spousal retirement' forum out there somewhere!
Changed to LCHF after becoming diabetic in 9/13 (Lost 15 more pounds).
STILL below goal 11/21/15

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote