Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
buttoni
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 199.6/182/150
WOE: Atkins 4/09; CNS/Ultra LC 4/16
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 67
Lobster Dien Bien

These two dishes were originally made with rice cooked in some of the seafood stock. You might like to try your Miracle Rice in one of these:
Lobster Dien Bien

Shrimp and/or Crawfish Dien Bien

I lived in Hampton, Virginia in high school and my family often drove to Yorktown 30 miles away to eat at this wonderful restaurant called Nick’s Seafood Pavilion, operated by a Greek family. Sadly, Nick's no longer exists. But I often think fondly of one of their signature dishes, Lobster Dien Bien. My Dad and Mom managed to concoct their own version of the dish over time. My version is not quite the same, because I have to modify it for low-carb eating, but it’s real close. The original dish had 1 cup of rice (cooked in lobster stock) stirred in right before serving. This dish reminds me of a Spanish paella, but on Atkins, we could serve this seafood dish over steamed cauli-rice or simple oven-baked eggplant slices. I can’t get very good lobster in Central Texas, so I fix this more often with shrimp now. It’s divine with lobster and quite good with shrimp and even large sea scallops. I have also made it with fresh lump white crab meat (when I lived on the Gulf Coast). As is true of most seafood dishes, this one really packs in the nutrients! This dish is OK for Induction.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. lobster meat, cut in bite-size pieces (or shrimp or crawfish tails, shelled)
1 stick unsalted butter
c. onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 2 oz. jar pimiento, drained
1/3 c. parsley, chopped
- tsp. cayenne pepper
10 drops Tobasco
tsp. ground thyme

DIRECTIONS: Saute onion, celery and carrot in melted butter until onion and celery are completely tender. Add parsley and pimiento. Add seafood and remaining seasonings. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes only. For non-Atkins diners, add some cooked rice. For Atkins diners, serve with steamed cauli-rice, spaghetti squash, sauteed mushrooms or oven-baked eggplant slices. (To steam cauli-rice, grate or food process raw cauliflower to fine grains and steam in microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute).

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 3 servings, each with:

465.7 calories
33 g fat
9.1 g carbs
2.3 g fiber
6.8 g NET CARBS
32.3 g protein
283 g sodium

Last edited by buttoni; 02-10-2012 at 12:14 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote