View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #28
Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance/129lbs (37yrs, 5ft, 6in)
WOE: JUDDD/5:2IF for WL & 16:8IF for maintenance
Start Date: Started this Whacky Journey in October of 2012
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh, I think in his books Mr. Taubes came closer to the truth than 99.99999% of the nutrition/WOE books on the market.

I also think most researchers and nutritionists are dedicated to 'one size fits all'. Anyone who eats this will lose weight. This is bad for everyone. It don't work that way.

Once we get beyond that paradigm, research may discover ever so much more about how the human body works...maybe even why carbs are poison for some and necessary for others...maybe we will even learn that mice are not always the best test subjects when humanity is the goal.
I just read Taubes book, but can't remember if he specifically says how many carbs are ok, (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). I got the impression that just trying to eat less carbs in general was a good thing ie less than the USDA's daily recommended 325g a day So even by following JUDDD and having higher carb UDs, we're eating less carbs and making better choices (like eating one cookie on an UD instead of 5 ). I've gone through some of the threads of what people are eating on their UDs and it's overwhelmingly healthy! Sure there's an occasional eating out or a sweet treat, but I haven't seen anyone going crazy on the carbs and sugars on their UDs. So maybe JUDDD and lower carbs go hand in hand, even if it's not intentional?
~Sara~ I've gone from size 14 jeans, down to a size 4 with JUDDD/5:2IF! Now in maintenance with 16:8IF and the occasional potato hack. My 3 year maintenance anniversary is in April

October 2015 Blood Work Results
-Total Cholesterol 167: HDL 69 LDL 97
-Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 2.4
no triglycerides number given this time, but blood work this past spring put them at a 49
-Glucose (non-fasting) 87

Last edited by mom23kids; 11-14-2012 at 03:05 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote