View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
600 calories on DD is not blowing it. That is way below your RMR so your body still perceives it as deprivation. When I was losing, and now in maintenance, my DDs always bounced around. As time passes, many of us find it easier and easier to enjoy really low cal DDs.

As far as LC goes. I started there, lost for two weeks, then stalled. For the next almost three months I experimented - VLC for two weeks, zero carbs for three weeks, other levels. I found the only way I could lose was by eating more carbs than the rules say is optimal. I remember on the LC forums I felt like a sneak.

JUDDD kick-restarted weight loss beautifully.

I get most of my carbs from veggies and fruit - mostly veggies. That does include potatoes and rice (in planned amounts). I did eat wheat products like bread - but stopped because just recently I have had 'intolerance' type reactions to wheat/glucose. JUDDD's training made it easy to stop.

And, while watching calories carefully, I do enjoy (and I do mean savor, cherish, enjoy with a capital "E") dessert when it is something special. If, when I taste it I find it is not special, I save the calories for something deserving.
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
Changed to LCHF after becoming diabetic in 9/13 (Lost 15 more pounds).
STILL below goal 11/21/15

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote