View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member
Gallery: mike5
Severe case of electrolytes imbalance?

I know my electrolytes are extremely imbalanced. Every time I wake up I feel so groggy, weak and dead. I noticed I sweat a lot during the night so I must be excreting a lot of sodium, potassium, magnesium and some other essential minerals. I supplement with at least 600mg of potassium a day and some magnesium but I'm so fed up of supplements. I've even increased my carbs to 45g and purposely kicked myself out of ketosis to get more nutrition from veggies and some berries but not noticing much of a difference. I'm adding sea salt liberally to my foods but it doesn't seem enough. I've mixed sea salt in some water and drank it with some improvements but it is so distasteful and foul and I have reluctantly drank 3 cups worth 3000mg of sodium.

What else can I do? I drink 2 litres of water a day. I don't want to take an energy drink because of the high sugar content. Oh and no fat increase suggestions, I am too naturally glucose dependent to just solely run on fat and ketosis didn't work for me, I already consume 150g of fat. I also don't want to increase my carbs any more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mike5 is offline   Reply With Quote