View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Any amount of fasting, even skipping a meal, is supposed to have its benefits. With regards to amount of hours in the fast, one example with rodent studies, their lives are not divided by sleep the way ours are - they naturally have a different pattern of eating and sleeping within 24 hours than humans. So I'm not sure how important the sleep part is to extend your fast to 36 hours, just that sleep sure does make it easy to get a long stretch of time without eating! And I know that I usually don't eat b'fast, so I'm extending that fast even longer without discomfort.

Really, there are all types of intermittent fasts out there that use all different lengths of fasting.

In my experience:

JUDDD with its approx. 36 hour time-table works.

MUDDD works, even though I modify it to make it even easier on myself.

I also have my own version (an easier version of course, ) of Fast-5 that works for me.

Interchanging these types of IF - either doing my F5 on top of the other two or doing it for a while by itself - is still giving me great benefits, I'm maintaining very well. I can keep this up for the rest of my life, switching among them as I want or need.

So if what you are doing is working for you, do it some more and just see how it goes.

And I love, love how well you are handling the carbs since you came to JUDDD, Jamie! JUDDD really keeps us on track that way, partly because we know we have calorie limits to keep. KUTGW!
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-13-2012 at 09:31 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote