View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #12
hummingbird11
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

I always thought pulled pork was one of those intensive, time-consuming dishes that required patience and culinary know-how. I was kind of right. It requires time; this version requires 36-hours of time to be exact, but it's pretty darn fool proof and delicious!

I was browsing quite a few pulled pork recipes on the ole internet when I found that the most common ingredients were simple: onions, peppers, barbecue sauce (bottled or homemade) and well, pork.

Here's my version:

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

2 pork loins (or shoulder, or butt)
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
Black Pepper
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend (or WheyLow Gold)
BBQ sauce, either homemade or storebought -- enough to cover the roast almost all the way.
(look for SF or Light as most Regular BBQ sauce is full of sugar so full of carbs!)

Stir all ingredients except roast into crock. Add roast, cover crock, set to LOW.

After a few hours turn the roast over.

The meat is done when it falls apart easily when poked with a fork; this took eight hours on low for my crock pot.

When meat is ready, shred it from the center of the crock outward with a fork. When meat is all shredded, stir it well into the sauce that remains in the crock and let sit for even longer until desired *consistency.

*The pork can be done and ready to serve in ten hours for sure, but those extra twenty-six on the warming setting made for some tasty meat.

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches