sophiethecat
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Oh my gosh, Majella. I've done the same thing. Cooking is my passion. Just a few days before I even knew JUDDD existed I was so weary of the foods on my low carb way of life that I decided to heck with it, one day a week I'm going to throw low carb to the wind and one day a week cook something wonderful out of Around My French Table or Zuni Cafe or A Platter of Figs or Mangoes and Curry Leaves or any of my Barefoot Contessa books. I read these beautiful cookbooks and seek out the lowest carb of the recipes but still feel guilty when I fix them. I hadn't even gotten to "the day" yet when I discovered JUDDD. I just don't believe in accidents so I believe my decision to periodically indulge in my passion and finding a way of life that embraces it was just supposed to be my path. I've been doing this now for 2 weeks, feeding my soul as well as my body and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot express how grateful I am to all you folks who write daily to encourage those of us new to this profoundly rewarding food plan.
Yayyy, Grace! 9 pounds in 2 weeks - WHOOO HOOO!

I love that I can use the recipes in my cookbooks too! I had just perfected my homemade pizza crust and then had to quit making it when I went on LC Now I can make it and any artisan breads I want to try (I'm not good at bread-making, but there's something about doing it every once in a while that makes me feel good).
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote