Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #116
buttoni
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 199.6/182/150
WOE: Atkins 4/09; CNS/Ultra LC 4/16
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 67
Plain Cake Donuts

My husband is weird in that he doesn't like flavored donuts much. He just likes plain cake donuts when he goes to a donut shop. Or Dolly Madison plain cake donuts from the grocery store. So I decided to try some of Ouiz's mix to make a Dolly Madison-type cake donut, with just a pinch of nutmeg in them and a pinch of cinnamon on top. They came out GREAT! I used Sungoddess's 2-cup BTF mix donut recipe (sorry, don't know where way back in this thread that recipe lives, but it's the post with the 3 pretty pink iced donuts picture) and tweaked a bit.
Here's a recap of my tweaked version of SG's recipe: I'm not publishing this recipe yet and don't have stats for it:

2 c. BTF mix
1/2 c. Splenda
1/2 c. erythritol
1 pkt. stevia
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
3 T. vanilla DaVinci syrup
1/2 c. cream
1/2 c. water

I completely filled my lightly-oiled "large donut" non-stick donut pans full of batter and evened it out on top with my finger (these don't rise much). Makes exactly 12 large donuts. I had to bake mine 17 minutes because I set my oven at 350 rather than the 425 so the bottoms wouldn't get too brown. They cooked up perfectly and I sprinkled cinnamon/erythritol mix on the top of 3-4 of them.

I'm not currently eating sweets, but I had one bite and these are very tasty and have a nice cake-donut texture. Thanks again for creating your wonderful mix, Ouiz! You really need to continue pursuing marketing that with another company. Here's a pic of the inside of these tasty little gems: