View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Originally Posted by 10Poppies View Post
Vanilla, you said that JUDDD worked for you in the past. Maybe a little while doing that in combination with LC would jump start some loss?
It's what I'm considering - again. I was doing that before having my hysterectomy last year. It seems after that, the weight just won't come off. I am thinking about doing it now that I'm doing so well as far as eating low carb.

I've tried to take note of any other positives since the frickin frackin weight ain't coming off! I have noticed my skin stays clearer, no heartburn, the (illogical) "fear" of not having food or not being able to eat is gone, and the best part is just not being hungry because everything I eat is so satisfying.

As I've posted, I don't think I'm doing Atkins '72 so much as keeping a check on my carbs. I was a ninny for starting this thread because it'll probably play out - especially if I go back to JUDDD.

A side note. I was reading on another (totally) Atkins board and saw an interesting discussion on eating up to your BMR and adding 200 calories to keep the body from thinking you're withholding food. I was under the impression you should deduct 200 calories from the BMR. I think there's an "eat up to your BMR" thread on here somewhere that might explain things, too. Just found that discussion extremely interesting.

Of course, that'll be pointless if I do JUDDD because of how that's done.

As far as my eating, I'm keeping at 20 carbs or below and staying very satisfied. The inches or weight may not be coming off, but I am happy eating this way.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote