Tater Head
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 207/198.2 /goal 150
WOE: Protein Power, mostly
Start Date: January/1/2015
Lowcarb Bread for real

Hello Friends!
This is the best lowcarb bread I have ever tasted, hands down, like real. It is not my recipe. It is by a lady named Diedra
You'll need a standard mixer!!

Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes!
ENJOY!!

2 net carbs per slice, 16 slices
Ingredients used:

1 C. warm Water
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 C. Ground Golden flax meal
1/2 C. Oat Fiber
1 1/4 C Vital Wheat Gluten
2 Tbsp. Soften butter
4 Tbsp. Swerve,or Sukrin ( powdered)
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
1 tsp. Honey (raw)
1 Tbsp. Saf yeast

Before you even get started ladies, turn your oven on the lowest setting, once reached, turn oven off. Have a small sauce pan of boiling water ready to put below the oven rack too. I set mine on the oven coil below rack. All of this helps.

Everything needs to be at room temp. Have everything measured out and ready to go ahead of time. Including butter, honey and 2 beaten eggs. Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl except yeast, mix well.

Heat 1 cup water to 90-110, pour water into stand mixer, add honey and yeast, stir. Put dough hook on stand mixer.
Turn mixer on low add 1/3 cup of flour mix at a time until combined. Turn mixer up to about #4 and mix for at least 7-8 minutes.
You may need to speed it up a few times to get to the ball stage.
The dough ball will come together after about 5 minutes. If it doesn't, have some oat fiber standing by to add a Tbsp at a time to pull it together.

This dough is VERY sticky, so spray your hands with oil. Once the dough ball climbs the hook into a ball take it out. Shape into a oblong shape. Put into a greased loaf pan that is 4.5"X8.5" cover with plastic wrapped sprayed with Pam. Put on bottom rack, put small pan of boiling water below, turn on oven light and close the door. let rise at least 60 minutes, should double in size, if not then let rise until it does double. Sometimes it takes 90 minutes-2 hours to double.

Ok, once it has risen to double, have a warm place to put it. Like a microwave. I heat a cup of water in the microwave and then take it out to put risen bread in while I heat the oven to 375.

Chef sites have said bread dough needs to be treated very delicately, so move it like it is a feather from place to place. Don't let the oven door slam or stoop your feet ect.

When mine is done, to keep it from falling, I turn off oven, open door and gently slide out the rack. I let cool 3 minutes, then remove bread to cooling rack and sit back on oven door to cool completely.

Enjoy, Debbie...

Last edited by Tater Head; 01-15-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote