Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
sophiethecat
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Paula! to JUDDD!

I think you are going to love JUDDD and do well with it. Just do lots of reading here on the forum and learn all you can. Ask questions. Also be forgiving of yourself. Mistakes will be made, even by seasoned JUDDDsters, but all you have to do is jump back on the correct rotation and keep going.

Some of the keys to WLM success are:
-respecting your UD #s
-having a wide calorie-swing between UD/DD (in other words, don't let DDs turn into UDs if you can at all help it, and make sure UDs are close to your calorie limit)
-keeping the UD/DD rotation going as much as possible, though at times you will need to variate due to things that come up in life
-PLAN each day ahead of time whether UD or DD
-TRACK calories and portions in a program such as ****** or *** or something.

(When you get to maintenance, you may be able to play looser with these things and have a lot more freedom. So that is something to look forward to if anything starts to get wearisome in the meantime such as calorie-counting.)

There's a reason we say JUDDD is freeing. There are no special diet foods to buy. No food lists of what not to eat or what you have to eat. JUDDD is only about calorie-cycling and it doesn't matter where those calories come from. You get to decide that.

You will be able to have "doughnuts, cookies, pizza, pasta and other delectables" on JUDDD as long as you figure their calories into your daily allottment. Those are very calorie-dense foods, so you may only want to have one of them per UD though. Or small portions of a couple of them on UD. Save room for the whole foods too. Plan ahead and measure out a portion of the treat and enjoy it. And remember you don't have to eat a whole bag or box of goodies at once - you can have more the very next UD.

If you find yourself eating more "junk" or sweets than you should on UDs, then incorporate more protein/fatty foods like on LC, and that will help dampen the high carb appetite stimulation. Also remember that going "hog wild" on carbs at first happened to a number of us when we first started JUDDD, but after a while we tend to settle down and eat the way that feels best for our bodies the majority of the time.

DDs sound intimidating at first, but allow yourself a higher number of calories at first if you need it and work your way down. Do you get fuller on protein foods? We have some great ideas here for that - to get the most bang for your calorie buck on DDs - check out the DD recipe threads, the DD staples, the "cabbage, chicken, Laughing Cow" thread...

You will get used to DDs. Hard to believe, but as you go along on JUDDD doing the best you can on DDs, after a time a sort of natural appetite suppression will kick in and you will feel a difference. Until then, go easy on yourself. JUDDD is very forgiving and even with less than perfect DDs, as you get used to the new woe, as your mind starts to understand that no food is off limits and you can have more on your next UD, things will start to change and become easier and easier.

again!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 02-12-2012 at 12:19 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote