View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #22
walkingwoman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: walkingwoman
WOE: maintaining 124-128 range
Start Date: 2/1/13
I've become a huge quiche fan and am now making a big quiche in a 9x13 pan, slicing it into 6 pieces and using Rubbermaid divided freezer containers to put a piece of quiche and some veggies(I stock up on Krogers brand when they go on sale for .77) on the other side for a breakfast or brunch meal. So yummy. Here's how I make mine and there is no exact science but in general:

6 eggs
About a cup of milk (you can use cream or half and half as well)
About 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
2 Tbls mustard
12 oz package of bacon, sliced and cooked
Frozen bag of spinach (12 oz) sauteed with frozen sliced peppers and fresh mushrooms quantity to your preference (Kroger has a yummy pepper onions
mix that goes on sale for .77 all the time!) use the bacon grease to sautee them and toss in some fresh garlic if you have that on hand as well. I like to use this recipe to use up any extra herbs or veggies I have on hand.
About 3 Tbls. chopped jalapenos(I use canned and freeze them in icecube trays for recipes)
6 oz. sliced/diced swiss cheese
4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar

Mix this all together and bake in a greased pan for 45 mimutes at 350. I reheat them from frozen with the lid removed but placed on top of the container for 5 minutes and they come out perfect
walkingwoman is offline   Reply With Quote