View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!
Gallery: Beeb
WOE: Eating healthy, eating LC, and portion control
Start Date: The Day Low Carb Became a WOE and NOT A DIET!!!!!
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Yes, get in those UD calories or as close as you can.

Here's something I read on a Livejournal JUDDD page several days ago that helped me see the importance of eating all those calories. I didn't look around the site and I don't know who wrote this, but the advice seems to ring true.

What are Up Days (UD) and Down Days (DD)?

On an UD, you can eat as much as you like. Truly! Itís best if you aim for what the JUDDD calculator gives you for your recommended caloric intake, but itís fine to go over. Whatís most important is that you do NOT GO UNDER on your up days, as this will inhibit weight loss by putting your metabolism into starvation mode. Itís better to go over than under, certainly. However, you shouldnít go crazy and stuff yourself Ė eat whenever youíre hungry until you are full, but donít binge unnecessarily.

And this was said too:

Why I am not losing weight?

There are several possibilities. Are you not eating enough calories on your UDs? Undershooting your UD caloric intake is the most common reason people fail to lose...?
Thanks Sophie!!
A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.Ē
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote