View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #21
parrotchic
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: parrotchic
OK, I couldn't wait any long I had to bake something. I made the Pumpkin Bread on pg.52 and it turned out wonderful. The texture is great and boy is it moist, the best thing is it doesn't have any funky flavor like you get from some of the LC Bake mixes. It was nice for a change to have to use only ONE type of flour instead of many mixed together. There was a slight coconut flour after taste that's hard to describe it's a flavor all it's own. If you have any coconut flour on hand taste it and you'll see what I mean. C Flour is very different to cook with than any other flour, I recommend you buy this book to understand how to cook with the flour, it's the very opposite of cooking with other flours. If your batter is to thick you don't keep adding a liquid you add fats. Dr. Fife mentions that this is the only cook book on the market that uses 100% coconut flour in the recipes, most will use 75% wheat, oat, ect. plus 25% C Flour and that means low fiber and higher carbs. He's all for fiber!
Along with the apple pie this weekened I want to try his bacon or sausage muffins on page 68. There's also Dumplings, Drop Biscuits, Coconut Fried Chicken, Chicken Pot pie with only a top crust. Lots of goodies, I'll be running out of flour soon. Netrition is going to have to sell 5lb bags of this stuff, I'm to lazy to try and grind my own.
parrotchic is offline   Reply With Quote