View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
BABSY
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BABSY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
I lost 70 pounds on Atkins (not the shakes). Despite my diet being moderate-high fat, all of my lab work was in the normal range after about 2-3 months.

The last 100 pounds were lost on a combination of Atkins and Dr. Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution". Bernstein is low fat which I don't think is necessary but I do follow his rule of just protein and green vegie type carbs. He also limits carbs to 10 per meal but since I'm not off all medication and my A1C is down to 5, I'll usually eat 20-25 carbs (all from green vegies) per meal.

As Harriet said, the diabetic community is sadly misinformed about how to control our diabetes. Read read read and then follow your own plan.

I love being a noncompliant diabetic with an A1C of 5 and healthy lab ranges. They just don't know how to deal with it.
That is so funny that you said noncompliant diabetic. I told the doctor I didn't like what she wrote on that sticky note and she was saying I was non compliant. I told him that my previous doctor banned me from their office, calling me noncompliant because I didn't want to use the 6mm needles for then pens. I wanted 4mm.
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote