View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #360
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Well, fellow Callanauts... I read this whole thread a while back, and I kept seeing people reporting that their fat would redistribute itself in odd ways... and I kinda-sorta had a hard time believing it, because, really -- how is fat gonna just creep up from your hips and butt to your midsection? I mean, it doesn't have legs!

And now it's happening to me. Have been doing strict Stillman for a week. For those who don't know, it's the most brutal of all low-carb regimens: Nothing but lean protein. No fat at all. No carbs at all. Just dry chicken breasts, poached fish, hard boiled eggs, and whatever else you can find that's pretty much 100% protein. And I'm doing Callanetics nearly every day.

All of this is to get rid of the "muffin top" that's started creeping up on me since I started maintenance. Well, guess what? I'm probably about 6 hours total into Callan, and the muffin top just GREW on me! What's really weird is that I KNOW my stomach is flatter, but my midsection is noticeably thicker & flabbier! I normally have a pronounced hourglass shape and suddenly my torso looks like a tree trunk!

I'd be lying if I said I like this at all. In fact, I'll tell the truth and say I just hate it. I'm really not digging this effect.

Thank heavens I had read this thread. I will keep at it and assume, for the next few weeks, that this is That Crazy Callan Magic working its crazy way with me. I will assume that things will settle back in eventually and give me back my nice curves, and, in combination with Stillman, take away the muffin top.

Someone out there, please reassure me that you got thick and fat in the midsection too, and got a muffin top, and then it all went away! I'm staying the course for now because Callanetics makes me feel so good and is having lots of other good effects, but I was proud of my curves and I don't want to be a flabby tree trunk!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote