Angeloco
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeloco
Stats: 135/126/120
WOE: LC
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
I posted the recipe earlier in this thread, I think, but I had to make changes to make it work. Here is the original with my changes.
VitaFiber Microwave Almond Brittle Rossella Body Building Pantry
70 g Vitafiber powder (about 2 1/2 oz)
45 g Vitafiber syrup(about 2 oz)
Your favorite sweetener, to taste (I used 8 drops liquid sucralose, about 1/3 cup sweetener)
90 g almonds (about 3 oz)
1 pinch salt (optional)
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
In a glass bowl, combine almonds, Vitafiber powder and syrup, salt. Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes on High: mixture should be bubbly. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 1 minutes longer. Quickly stir in baking soda and your favorite sweetener just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes or until set. Break into pieces.

The original recipe said to cook the mixture on high for 4-5 minutes, then stir, and then add in other ingredients. Mine came out black and unsalvageable. So I changed the initial time to 2-3 minutes. It should be bubbling, just like when you make Protein bars. I tried to do it on the stovetop. It formed one big blob, impenetrable inside and highly uncooperative. So I think you have to do it on the microwave. Just don't overcook it. But the toffee was delicious. DH marveled that we could make such a recipe after all these years.
This is so delicious. I usually hide it and keep it just for me. But itís so sticky until it hardens that itís really a pain. I spray everything which helps but still is messy. Have there been any changes to this recipe that Iím not aware of? I just read the whole thread again. Thanks Soobee for posting and adjusting.