View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #494
linginfelter
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linginfelter
I have just finished reading this entire thread and I am in awe. You ladies are incredible. I have used Vitafiber for the past year for my protein bars but wow...the possibilities are endless in this thread.

Question though Baricat. First, I apologize for my ignorance as I am not a cook or baker by nature, lol. Would you mind being specific in the measurements for a large batch of your mixed AS? I am not clear on what it means dividing it into parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baricat View Post
Hi, Deb!!

I make my own baking sweetener, using mainly Just Like Sugar, erythritol and stevia. Generally, I use 5 parts erythritol, 1 part stevia, 2 parts JLS. I powder until very fine, usually about 2 minutes total. I always keep a canister of it at the ready. When I want to bake, I don't want to have to go through the hassle and mess of grinding, along with all the measuring, mise-en-place, and mixing.

You were exactly right. I have evolved to using the Monin SF vanilla syrup and tacking on the 5 minutes extra, just as you said. Love the texture! Also, have used DaVinci Peppermint Paddy syrup in place of the vanilla, which made fudgy mint brownies. Using raspberry syrup creates yet another sophisticated, nuanced flavor variation.

I need to underscore, however, how phenomenal this recipe is just as written. Definitely the best brownie recipe I've found. Even non-LC'ers love these!
linginfelter is offline   Reply With Quote