View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
Dreamchaser
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Dreamy, have you tried the NuNaturals No Carbs blend? It's erythritol and stevia already! It's VERY concentrated, comes in 3.5 ounce plastic bottle, or you can buy packets, or compressed tablets, nice for drinks.

It's mostly what I use now. Took a little bit of trial and error to get the amounts right, but for me, it seems that about 1/2 teaspoon of the No Carbs blend = about 1/2 cup sugar.

If you want some of the bulking that E can provide in granulated form, what I've done is use the amount called for in sugar (i.e., if it calls for 1 cup sugar, I use 1 cup granulated E) and then add 1/4 tsp. of the NuNaturals powder. Since the E is about 70 to 80% as sweet as sugar, that seems to give the right ratio for my purposes.
Hi Charski I do use the NuNaturals No Carbs blend for my yogurt. Funny that it never even occurred to me to use it for baking. I only have it in the packets. I will have to to get a bottle of it so it would be easier to measure for baking purposes. So about 1 teaspoon = 1 cup of sugar. That seems very doable and easy. I will have to try that.

I will also have to keep in mind the blending of 1 cup of E and 1/4 tsp of NuNaturals. Thanks Charski and Iterry!

I wonder if it's cheaper to use the NuNaturals No carb blend or the E&S for baking. I will have to do some cost comparison.

Thanks everyone!