Old 01-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobear View Post
After I posted the above info, I reread Dr. Richard Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution" published in 2011 about metformin. He prefers the name brand drug Glucaphage to metformin, but does state that this is in the class of drugs known as insulin sensitizing drugs. It is the first drug he prescribes to try to make a person more sensitive to insulin and Actos as a backup to that. Actos has recently come under more fire because of side effects so I (Mobear) would not even consider Actos.

If you can get a hold of his book from your library, the info is on pages 248-251.

Auntie Em used to have so much of this info to help us and I just realized that she hasn't posted in several months . Hope she is ok!
Thank you so much Maureen for the very useful information. I have been missing Auntie Em as well. She is such a kind and intelligent person....wonder why she isn't posting these days....???

I am going to see if I can get Dr. Bernstein's book. It has been on my 'hit list' for some time now. Thank you again.

I just placed Diabetes Solution on hold and can pick it up tomorrow!!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote