Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieD View Post
I don't test blood for ketones. I can tell when I'm in ketosis by the way I feel. I notice when I'm feeling really good - no hunger or cravings, losing weight, good mood - the urine strips stop showing color (unless I've just had a slug of MCT oil). I guess that means I'm using the ketones up. I wasn't able to lose weight until I clamped down on protein portions and also set a calorie limit - hey, I'm 58 so it's not as easy as it used to be. I eat as much fat as I can to get to my calorie limit. It's working well for me at about 2lbs / week. I guess if (when) I stall I'll cut back the fat some, tho I wouldn't want calories to get too low. BTW I weigh and measure all my food - its been key.
Thank you for your post. I wonder if you would be willing to share how much protein and fat you are consuming at the moment to lose?

I do weigh and measure everything and have been for quite some time so that is not an issue for me. I have yet to find the sweet spot for loss.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote