mac24312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAllison View Post
This is another one of BettyR's recipes, she'd posted this recipe on the old Low Carb Luxury forum before it shut down. I've had it for quiet a while but I'd never made it before.

I made this yesterday morning to take with me to a friends house. Her husband was doing a BBQ for her birthday. He asked me to bring a low carb cake, they're low carbers also so he couldn't just go buy her a cake.

This makes the most beautiful low carb cake I've ever seen and it tastes just as good as it looks. We served it with low carb vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. I came home with an empty serving platter.

Thanks Betty for this recipe, I was very proud of all the complements I got at the party yesterday.

Opps! Edited! I had to correct some amounts of ingredients that I typed in wrong.

Chocolate Mayonnaise Pound Cake

3 cups almond flour
1 cup vital wheat gluten
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1-1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1/2 cup Erythritol
1-1/2 teaspoons liquid Splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup vanilla Davinci syrup
2/3 cup cream

Put ingredients into food processor in order listed and process for 30 seconds, scrape down sides and process for another 1-1/2 minutes.

Pour batter into a greased and floured bunt pan and bake.
(I sprayed my nonstick bunt pan with cooking spray and then rubbed it in with a paper towel to get an even coat. I then used oat flour to flour the pan with.)

Bake as 325° for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.

Hi all!
Well it time for me to bump this thread. It my TOM and I was craving chocolate so I decided to make a version of this cake.

I use the first Mayonnaise cake posted here but with these expections:

I use 4 cups of Kevin's lc cake and cookie flour mix for the Almond Flour and the VWG and use 1/2 Da Vinci Chocolate and half Da Vinci Vanilla Syrup for Syrup in the recipe along with a Splenda Quick Pack for the Liquid Splenda. I used Cooking spray and Carblose flour to flour the bunt pan with.

I took a piece of it hot. Its a great cake. Not quite as moist as I want it to be but looking back thru post I see that once you cover it and keep it cold it gets moister. It really is a wonderful cake!

Thanks and HUGS
Christina

P.S. Would love a LC Chocolate Glaze for it using Linit Chocolate. Any good easy ideas?
mac24312 is offline   Reply With Quote