View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: terez
WOE: Reinduction 1-2-2013
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
My favorite chicken salad is DJ Foodies.

1 1/2 lb (681g) cooked chicken meat, diced (I just open a large can of chicken)
1/2 small (35g) red onion, diced
1/2 cp (50.5g) celery, diced
1 cup (109.63g) mayonnaise
1/2 cup (72.5g) slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup (56.8g) real bacon bits
1 tbsp (15.25g) lemon juice
1 tbsp (6g) celery seed
salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Totals (of 4 Servings):

Mix the stuff in a bowl!
Eat! (not the bowl)
Eat! lol

Yep! And I JUST went shopping and forgot the red onion! I'm sobbing now. Also, I couldn't find diced water chestnuts, or any water chestnuts, but I did find hearts of palm, which are way lower in carbs, so I will use those. I do have shallots; maybe I can use those, instead. But I doubt they'll be as good as red onions. I got some Italian sausage with cheddar (didn't realize it had cheddar-oh, well!) for the egg salad, to spice it up. I also picked up three bags of smoked almonds. They don't have them all the time. (Aldi's.) I also got the carmelized onion dip which I will mix in. For the heck of it.

For the chicken, I think I will use prosciutto with some frozen blueberries and some tiny bits of coconut with the chicken salad. I got enough chicken in one package to feed a horse. I might have to cook the chicken and the freeze part of it. I saw the freeze dried blueberries at Trader Joe's and they listed 31 carbs per servings. Umm...yeah, no. I'll risk having blue chicken salad. Or maybe slice up frozen strawberries in there. Each meal, not in the big bowl.
Qui ridet ultimum, ridet optime.
terez is offline   Reply With Quote