Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgee'sMom View Post
Thank you so much for asking this question. I am new too, having been on NK for 2 1/2 months. I have had success and have been losing, on average, 1 pound per week. In the last few days, weight loss has come to a halt and a bit of weight has been regained. I've been faithfully tracking everything. In general, I've kept carbs well under 20 total (most days, from 10-15). I am also keeping protein anywhere from 65ish to 35ish. Lately, total calories have been between 650-1000 just due to lack of hunger.

I had the pleasure of attending a conference March 1st where the speakers were Eric Westman, M.D., Jeff Volek, Steve Phinney, and Jay Wortman. An amazing experience to be sure but one of the pearls imparted by Dr. Westman was eat when you're hungry; stop when you're full. I must admit now I wonder if you can under eat.
Welcome! Wow, you are so fortunate to have been able to attend that conference!

I do think under eating is entirely possible and. An also be counter productive to weight loss or even maintenance. The reason being that chronic under eating can down regulate metabolism. Dr. Phinney has said that under 1200 calories is not something anyone should do on a regular basis.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote