View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #10
Tater Head
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 207/198.2 /goal 150
WOE: Protein Power, mostly
Start Date: January/1/2015
How is this any different then Atkins cloud bread. This Cloud recipe from Atkins came up on my facebbok page a couple of weeks ago. The only difference is heavy cream vs coconut milk. I made it as written and it tasted too much like cake using vanilla whey, so the next time I made it using plain whey and only 1/4 cup vanilla whey. It is good and I agree, it needs some wheat fiber or something. Deb...

Atkins Cloud Bread
INGREDIENTS
12 ozs Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Stick
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Coconut Milk Unsweetened
4 large Eggs (Whole)
1 1/2 cups Vanilla Whey Protein
1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder (Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Double Acting)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum

DIRECTIONS

Do not substitute other protein powders for the whey protein.

1.Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare a 5x9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving flap over edge to lift bread out after baking. Be sure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting.
2.In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the softened cream cheese with the softened butter until well mixed. Add the oil and coconut milk, blend until mixed then add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Set aside.
3.In a small bowl, whisk together the whey protein, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. Pour this mixture into the cream cheese and eggs and fold until fully incorporated. Do not over blend or the recipe may end up too dense.
4.Bake for 45 minutes until it is golden brown on the top. Allow to sit in the pan for 5 minutes to cool then carefully remove from the pan to continue cooling on a wire rack. Cut into 10 thick slices, eat immediately or place in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator. This bread can easily be cut into 20 thin slices for making sandwiches.

This recipe was adapted to fit the Atkins program from several different recipes including both the original Cloud Bread
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote