View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #29
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I thought I had removed all the wheat from my diet but would on occasion experience a bit of heart burn and thought, that was just the way it was for me. It was certainly a massive improvement over my health prior to getting wheat out.

I did however discover that wheat was still present sometimes in my food without me being aware of it. It was in things like sausage, and soy sauce. Once I was really vigilant about wheat in even the smallest quantity, all my tummy troubles went away.

In May, I went on a 16 day vacation and although I don't normally drink beer, I decided I would indulge with 1 when I wanted and low and behold, within 1/2 hour of consuming one, the stomach ache reappeared. It happened each and every time... with food and without food (all very l/c). It is definitely the wheat in beer.

So a bit more of the 'aversion therapy' and I can say that I am done with beer. Wheat is much too hard on my digestive system and just not worth it. For further information on the how and why of the wheat issue, I suggest reading Wheat Belly by Dr. W. Davis.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!

Last edited by clackley; 06-06-2013 at 09:19 AM..
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote