BikerAng
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
Grammy G, the standard mix is 3 Tbs Vitafiber liquid to 1 scoop (1/3) cup of protein powder. There are hundreds of variations. First you warm up the Vitafiber for 30 seconds in the microwave. Then mix in your ingredients. Now you have a protein bar. Put them in the toaster over for 5-10 minutes and you have cookies. Below is my traveling meal. I use a little extra Vitafiber to incorporate the other ingredients, but you don't have to. The Vitafiber recipes are very forgiving. And every iteration-raw, semi-cooked, cooked until crisp-is delicious. I always add extra sweetener, although some people find it sweet enough without that addition.
Chocolate Walnut Protein Cookies
1/4 cup Vitafiber liquid
1 Tbs coconut oil
Melt in a microwave until it has just started to bubble.
Stir in
1/3 cup protein powder
2 Tbs cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
Sweetener to taste
1-2 oz. roasted nuts
I form these into 6 cookies and put them in the toaster oven for 5-10 minutes. I like them when the edges are done, but the middle is still a little shiny. But honestly it doesn't matter. Take them out too soon and they taste like fudge or Tootsie rolls. Take them out later and they taste like biscotti.
I've been making protein bars with vita fiber and these cookies sound really yummy! Making them tonight!