sophiethecat
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I get what you're saying about taking control of one's health, although, there is little chance of me consuming 9 c produce daily.....that is something that can cause me GI upset.

The thing about Dr Wahls diet is that she gave up a lot of 'foods' so I never knew if her health improved from what she added or what she took away.

No matter what, it is amazing the way she changed.
Yes, I don't know about 9 c. either. I'm just counting to try to get about 9 "servings" as in, 1 carrot, 1 apple, 1 handful greens, etc. instead of actual cups. Because that is still an improvement over what I was eating, lol.

I don't think she's as strict with giving up foods as she was when she was actively reversing her disease, just something I picked up somewhere so I don't know if it's true, but read that she was eating some grains now, for example.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote