Thread: Eat Stop Eat
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
CaTriGirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
[QUOTE=TishyLish68;15826434]I find 24 hour fasts good because you still get to eat a meal once a day, regardless of when you start and stop. I don`t feel deprived at all as other posters have said they do, I guess it`s because I have reaped so many benefits from IF in such a short amount of time. Also, being a fat burner instead of a carb burner is a tremendous help during IF.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read Dr. Johnson's book, so please forgive me if the answer to this question is in there.

Does IF help you to become a fat burner instead of a carb burner? And how long will that last if you go back to regular eating?

I am really confused......I recently completed an Ironman and instead of losing weight, I gained 15 lbs. Meanwhile, all by friends lost weight!

I was eating clean and seeing a Sports Nutritionist. He said I wasn't eating enough calories (I was eating 1800 a day & training 20 hrs a week.) So when I tried JUDDD I honestly didn't think it would work.

So I am wondering if my issue is that I am a carb burner and how to change that or if it's a cortisol issue, hormones or what. I'd really like to keep up the sport, but honestly ready to give it up in favor of Crossfit so I can feel good about myself and at least LOOK like I exercise.

Maybe I wouldn't have gained if I would have cycled my calories?

I feel like you all know more than people who have degrees in Nutrition! LOL
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote