View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Ntombi
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Sliced cold cut wrapped up with a schmear of cream cheese or a half slice of cheese and a pickle spear

Pickles or pickled veggies with a few ounces of meat

Egg salad eaten with celery or other veggies

You can pre-cook mini quiches or egg and cheese muffins, adding all kinds of different herbs, veggies, or meats to change them up.

Roast your veggies for a change. I love pretty much any roasted veggie, including cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Just toss with olive oil and salt and you're good to go.

If you have a crockpot, use it. Cook beef or chicken or maybe a turkey breast, with lots of flavorful aromatics, add veggies like greens or cabbage when it's halfway done, then separate the food into servings to keep in the fridge or freezer.

I buy family packs of ground beef and separate them into patties before freezing. They're easy to defrost and cook one at a time, or several at once for a quick one pot meal with many different flavors.

I keep shredded cabbage in the fridge, to add to a meal in a hurry.

Homemade coleslaw. I try to keep that in the fridge too, so I can grab a spoonful whenever.

Invest in spices. They can completely change the same baked chicken or stir fry with little effort. I troll the aisles of my favorite Asian market, and the "ethnic" aisles of the supermarket, looking for new things to try. If I'm not sure what something is or how to use it, I google the ingredient while I'm still shopping, looking to see if its something I might want to try.

Even with lots of food allergies, there's no reason to be bored with food.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.

Last edited by Ntombi; 07-12-2013 at 04:57 PM..
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote