Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Recommended Reading (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/)
-   -   Watched "Fathead" today....wow!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/789847-watched-fathead-today-wow.html)

catluvr06 11-22-2012 04:46 PM

Watched "Fathead" today....wow!!

I watched "Fathead" earlier today. I knew the basics of what was covered in the movie, but I did not expect him to take on "Supersize Me" and CSPI, as well as cover the Lipid theory in general. Very eye-opening and funny! I also liked how he extensively interviewed the Eades (PP), which is the program I will be using. If you have not seen this, it is a good one to see, or even pass it along to your friends/family. It actually made a lot more sense than "Forks over Knives" if you saw that. If you have not seen this, it is a good one to see, or even pass it along to your friends/family. One thing I really noticed is that with the Vegan WOE that is being peddled right now, you not only have to cut animal products, but also fats. So basically it is a very low-fat diet because of what is cut out. I starved when I ate this way. I just have to survive the first week or so....usually getting used to it is very hard.

reddarin 04-16-2013 01:43 PM

We've gotten a lot of new members since the last time anyone mentioned the Fat Head movie so I thought I'd bump this thread :)

This is the officially authorized to be on youtube Fat Head movie.

mom23kids 04-16-2013 02:25 PM

:love: this documentary.

lilbeetle 04-16-2013 07:45 PM

Just fininshed watching it. Funny and informative. Now I feel guilty about forcing my kids to eat carbs for years :(

Still, both are now low carbing :D

rotay60 04-17-2013 02:33 AM

Love this video.

Kittee 04-17-2013 06:10 AM

I have watched this documentary more than a couple times, that is how much I liked it, lol....it is a good motivator, that is for sure! And I love how he called out Morgan Spurlock or whatever his name is.

Demonica 04-17-2013 07:47 AM

Love this documentary!

Josh1234 09-03-2013 02:18 PM

It is now available for viewing at no cost to the viewer on Youtube.

Maryposa 09-03-2013 08:19 PM

It's also on Hulu, I believe (not a Hulu plus movie)

nurseypoo5 09-03-2013 08:54 PM

Thanks for this! Very informative....love that he showed my husband that some day he could do Atkins maintenance eating fast food pretty often if that's what his choice is for that day, so long as he remembers to be careful other meals that day. Like the guy said save the enchiladas and nachos for that once a month special time out....

Mom2AandE 09-03-2013 09:46 PM

Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of it. I watched today but plan to watch again without my family interrupting me.

DeltaSierra 09-03-2013 11:40 PM

I love this documentary, and I think that Tom is awesome. He's done so much to help so many.

Stardust 09-04-2013 03:30 AM

Haven't seen it, will be watching once I get a couple of hours spare!

Tracy0821 09-04-2013 09:10 AM

I loved this movie/documentary. It was so interesting and funny. I have watched this a few times

speds 10-07-2013 08:40 PM

It's also free with amazon prime. Well worth watching and it's funny!

mjgh06 11-22-2013 01:41 PM

Watched it for the first time today! Absolutely love it! Way to throw the monkey wrench into the 'normal diet recommendations'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs
Key points in the video in case someone wants to just get the gist of it(although I recommend viewing it all:
52:37-52:38
1.02:-1.04:
1.11:46-1.12:45
1.24:-1.25
1.27:35-1.39:50

Sirtain 12-03-2013 06:33 AM

I credit this video with helping me to finally understand just how sugar works in the body(aside from calories). I re-watch every so often, just to keep my head in the game.

GO4IT 12-03-2013 10:40 AM

I just watched this video for the first time and what strikes me the most is that his own physician was stumped at the results...even when it was in black and white in front of his own eyes in the form of blood tests. The movie was informative in a funny way which I loved. Also I don't feel so bad anymore about being big after dieting my way on up to my current weight.

Sirtain 12-03-2013 11:07 AM

One of the things I like about it, is that he was able to improve his health while eating (LOTS of) fast food. It is just so contrary to conventional wisdom, but it shows that there are good/better choices to be made, even with what I think most of us would consider bad food.

metqa 12-03-2013 11:19 AM

I really enjoyed the documentary. My only regret is that my BF was down on it. He did not like the anti-gov't spin in it, and granted there is a lot of that, but it has to do with the fact that the gov't dropped the ball on the Keyes Lie, and then went hard core promoting that lie.

When you think about it, that is still the case even though the science has shown otherwise. I like that the First Lady is concerned about diet and health, but she is not going to balk the common conventions or she'll look like a quack job.

Fruits and veggies and whole grains is the message and just ignore the part about fats and sugars and cholesterol lies and glycemic index and load and stuff.

I like to rewatch this every once in a while to make myself feel better about the fact that I started to get it back in the 90's but nobody believe me when I said so. All my little illustrations and anecdotes were laughed at and mocked. But Spurlock with video and doctor interviews can say the same things and people listen. I'm so glad for his contribution.
In fact, I think I'll watch it again today! Thanks for the bump!

mamagiff 12-22-2013 11:18 AM

Love Fathead! Here's a youtube of another of Tom's speeches on the same topic....

metqa 12-28-2013 05:04 PM

Thank You Mamagiff for the link to the speech. I just watched it. It was great.

mamagiff 12-28-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 16732336)
Thank You Mamagiff for the link to the speech. I just watched it. It was great.

You're welcome! I usually don't have the patience to watch longer youtube things but this one grabbed me right away and makes so much sense to me!

Aitch 01-09-2014 07:09 AM

Excellent documentary. I recommend this to anyone.