Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Recommended Reading (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/)
-   -   Erythritol/Xylitol cookbooks (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/771148-erythritol-xylitol-cookbooks.html)

Kemi 05-10-2012 02:08 PM

Erythritol/Xylitol cookbooks
 
Can anyone recommend some cookbooks that don't use Splenda in their recipes and that also do not use white flour but almond flour or coconut flour? Thank you.

Dottie 05-11-2012 01:05 PM

Look for paleo or primal cookbooks.
Don't worry about "sweetener specific" books, you can sub the sweetener of your choice for whatever they use.
The same goes for the extensive recipe resources here on the site, just use your sweetener of choice.

Kemi 05-11-2012 01:28 PM

Dottie, I thought that sweeteners are not interchangeable, that some are sweeter than others. Is that not correct?

Dottie 05-11-2012 02:19 PM

Some are but they have really "standardized" a lot of them.
Basically if something calls for "1 cup of splenda" you'll know it means however much of your sweetener equals 1 cup of sugar in sweetness.
It will be some experimenting but overall it shouldn't be too difficult to convert any recipes away from splenda to another sweetener :)

Kemi 05-11-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Basically if something calls for "1 cup of splenda" you'll know it means however much of your sweetener equals 1 cup of sugar in sweetness.
That's the part I don't understand. How will I know how much of my sweetener would equal that 1 cup of splenda.

Dottie 05-11-2012 03:59 PM

Most packages will be very specific about the ratio needed to equal that amount of sugar.
Example: most packets of sweetener are "equal to the sweetness of 2tsp of sugar". Just check the sweetener you use. If it's not on the package, email the company and ask, they should be able to tell you:)

Kemi 05-11-2012 04:39 PM

Thank you, Dottie! You have been a great help.

dawnyama 09-29-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kemi (Post 15646274)
Can anyone recommend some cookbooks that don't use Splenda in their recipes and that also do not use white flour but almond flour or coconut flour? Thank you.

I am sure by now you have gotten some cookbooks. But I just got Elena's cooking with almond flour cookbook and her almond flour cupcake books. Both are very good!! And as Dottie said, you can sub out sweeteners to ones you use.

Dee744 10-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnyama (Post 15979476)
I am sure by now you have gotten some cookbooks. But I just got Elena's cooking with almond flour cookbook and her almond flour cupcake books. Both are very good!! And as Dottie said, you can sub out sweeteners to ones you use.

Elana who, link to see?

dawnyama 10-08-2012 04:52 PM

Elena's pantry is the website. Cannot link because it goes against TOS here.

Dee744 10-25-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnyama (Post 16001034)
Elena's pantry is the website. Cannot link because it goes against TOS here.

Thanks, will check it out.

lil.trubl 04-17-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kemi (Post 15646274)
Can anyone recommend some cookbooks that don't use Splenda in their recipes and that also do not use white flour but almond flour or coconut flour? Thank you.

The "wheat belly cookbook" has great recipes with both coconut and almond flour as well as 99% of his recipes use Stevia.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:11 AM.