Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Recommended Reading (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/)
-   -   Fat Head Movie (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/760401-fat-head-movie.html)

Zed 03-01-2012 04:24 AM

Fat Head Movie

First time i heard of this movie last few days just wondering if there would be a link to it anywhere?

creseis 03-01-2012 04:54 AM

it's on netflix and hulu

Zed 03-01-2012 05:02 AM

Is this for free, It seems you have to pay?

Zed 03-01-2012 05:47 AM

i Looked it up on youtube the movie i see it was made 2009 so is my only option was to go to a video store and borrow it? Only reason i asked was i was not doing nothing now and all videos shops are closed here in Australian being 12.45am lol

Not trying to save a few bucks by not paying more thought i could watch it online that's all.

PghPALady1974 03-01-2012 05:50 AM

Did you check it out on hulu? I'm not sure if it's free on there or not. I have a subscription for it so it doesn't tell me.

Zed, can you fill a little more info in on your stats? Knowing where you are and stuff can go a long way with people trying to help answer your questions ;)

Zed 03-01-2012 06:12 AM

tried hulu said only for USA so can't watch it from Australia

Hopefully a video shop will have it tomorrow lol

pinkswan 03-01-2012 06:41 AM

PghPALady1974 03-01-2012 06:54 AM

THERE YA GO! THANKS PINKSWAN!

Zed 03-01-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkswan (Post 15457278)

Thanks You!!

pinkswan 03-01-2012 04:33 PM

You're welcome. I check Youtube for everything because you never know what you might find. :)

Zed 03-02-2012 03:05 AM

OK so i watched this Fat Head Movie and my first question after watching it is who funded this Movie? McDonald's? Seriously you would bet good money they sent money to someone associated with this movie!

Before this movie came out i remember McDonald's copping the biggest bagging in the media it came to a point where everyone was talking about how McDonald's would terrible for you, funny enough this movie pops up just after that.

Some of the things he says in the movie at the start he visits all different fast food joint but only ends up eating McDonald's.

He then shows us how he lost weight eating McDonald's.

The tells us how eating a high fat low carb diet had him feeling full and satisfied.

Did he mention feeling full and satisfied eating McDonald's? No! which we all know as soon as you eat McDonald's your hungry again 1 or 2 hours later...Funny that he never mentioned that?

He then says there is nothing wrong with eating McDonald's 3 times a week..really 3 times a week who eats McDonald's 3 times a week? not many.

But Bread wheat is bad for us? yes i agree with that but eating McDonald's is no problem he says in fact 3 times a week is no problem lol.

He clearly also bagged the lawyer and anyone who had anything bad to say about McDonald's and at the end of the movie, he said 3 McDonald's meals a week is no problem...whats wrong with eating french fries and Burgers and having a Coke at McDonald's no big deal...LOL please talk about giving McDonald's a positive spin.

Fat Head sponsored by McDonald's with under the table Cash Payments what odds? very short odds!

PghPALady1974 03-07-2012 05:44 AM

Zed, just some food for thought.....if McD's funded the movie, considering how much $$ they bring in every year, don't you think it would have been a much more professional video? Tom did a great job on it, but if McD's wanted to fund something like this and get the word out, wouldn't it have been out in movie theaters, where many more people are likely to see it? ;)

Videodrome 03-11-2012 03:38 PM

Well I think one of his main points was to skip the french fries and it would be better to peal off the bun. For what it's worth he had diet coke.

As for others feeling hungry later is it in fact the fries and regular Coke with sugar that does that? If have the beef with toppings like onions, tomato, pickles, or maybe mushroom I'm not sure if you would get the bad munchies like that later.

Coleslaw 04-08-2012 08:57 AM

He did a lecture to nutritionists which I think is on YouTube and advocated low carb.

cfine 08-06-2012 05:54 AM

I loved this movie. It explained the whole cholesterol myth so well. I could actually understand it and it didn't require a degree from med school :)

Cara 08-06-2012 08:08 AM

This movie changed my life! It was less a movie about the benefits of McDonalds, or fast food for that matter. It was in fact a response/rebutal to the movie supersize me which was made to promote the vegitarian/vegan lifestyle.
On April 6th, 2011 I watched Fat Head. I weighed 296 pounds. On April 7th 2011 I switched to Low Carb. I have so far lost 50 plus pounds, changed my cholesterol ratios to ideal, went from a size 24/26 to a 16/18 and one of the greatest things is, that I did it by making better food choices then I ever did in the past. Including in fast food resturaunts!

saltnpepper 08-07-2012 04:27 AM

WOW Cara!!!!!:hugs: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :clap:

That is wonderful. I have not seen the movie, but will watch soon. I know losing wt is the ideal, but so glad your feeling better and healthy.

WTG

Anna

saltnpepper 08-07-2012 03:30 PM

I did watch the movie today on Hulu for free.

It was very insightful. Thanks to those who shared.

Just lets me know this is the way to eat.