Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Perdita
Stats: 215/150/150
WOE: LC/IF
Nasoya brand shirataki noodles

My grocery store recently switched from the standard "House" tofu shirataki noodles to Nasoya (and they disappear from the shelves like lightning). I tried the fettucine shape last night and I was quite happy with them. They had less fishy smell (if any), and the 'mouthfeel' had less bounce to it. Absolutely delicious with a bacon/mushroom/chicken alfredo sauce.

Shirataki Fettuccine: Natural, Fat Free, Gluten Free Food

(Not affiliated/not a direct sales link)

There actually doesn't seem to be any soy/tofu in these, they make up for it with some other starches, but it still claims to be 2 net carbs per bag. The sauce also had much better 'cling' to the noodles, probably because they do contain a little starch. I'm going to try the spaghetti shape for carbonara.

INGREDIENTS: water, potato starch, konjac flour, chickpea flour, calcium hydroxide, reduced iron, folic acid.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I forget the particular brand names, but a store I go to carries several brands all made in the same place. you can see the town on the label, and too coincidental that there would be several shiritaki plants in one place! LOL