Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,108
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpluvia View Post
Lazy Rinny's Low Mess Stick Blender Ranch Dressing
I started doing this because I hate measuring out mayo.

1 large egg at room temp
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 generous tsp dijon mustard
1 Cup neutral oil of choice

1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/2 Cup buttermilk or half & half or HWC with water
(If you don't keep buttermilk around, buttermilk powder is a good substitute.)

In a quart size Mason or canning jar, add the first 4 ingredients in order. Use the stick blender to make them into mayo. Take out the stick, add the packet, sour cream, and liquid, then put the stick back in and blend until fully mixed.

Woot! The only things I have to wash are the measuring cup and the stick blender!
Just made this, OMG, it is very good and soooo easy, I can't thank you enough for this and the mayo recipe.

If anyone figures the nutritional info on this, please share. I did and I think I have it right but I get confused with the numbers sometimes when you make 2 1/2 cups and then have to split it up to 2 T size servings
Buffy45 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Just made this, OMG, it is very good and soooo easy, I can't thank you enough for this and the mayo recipe.

If anyone figures the nutritional info on this, please share. I did and I think I have it right but I get confused with the numbers sometimes when you make 2 1/2 cups and then have to split it up to 2 T size servings
I have Master Cook and just put in this recipe.

For the whole thing 2279 calories, 246g, 11g carbs, 14g protein.
These figures do not include the package of Ranch Dressing Mix. Neither do these:

16 tablespoons in 1 cup, so for 2-1/2 cups, 20 servings.
Per serving (without the Ranch Dressing Mix)
114 calories
12g fat
1g carbohydrates
1g protein

I'm very excited to have this recipe.
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #123
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,807
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Low Carb Southwestern Taco Soup
Submitted by: RINNYLOU

Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

1 # ground beef
1/2 c onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
2 10 pz cans Rotel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 c heavy cream
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
salt, to taste
In a large soup pot, brown the beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add spices and cook a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes, broth and cream. Bring to a rolling boil and gradually add the cream cheese, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Season with salt to taste. Makes 8 1-cup servings.

ty thelossgirl (Deborah) for sharing with us
I'm deff making this, this week.. I got the cream cheese 4 for 5, and the stores own brand name of the tomatoes with green chilies (like rotel can't tell the difference) they were on sale for 49cents a can (I got like 15 cans lol)
I will have to run this on ******. I may very well make this with ground pork instead of beef for the extra fat! YAY
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member
 
zagnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 655
Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Here's a recipe I found somewhere...sorry I can't give credit because I just had it saved, finally made them tonight and I'm almost sorry I did, I had to make myself stop at 2. Anyway, I put everything in ****** and it looks like a recipe for this thread

Almond Flour Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (orig recipe was for 6, I doubled it and made 12)

This is for 12 biscuits
2 cups Almond Flour
2 cups Shredded Cheese
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons butter
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, I probably only added about 1/2 teaspoon, didn't measure
I also threw in some fresh oregano

Beat eggs and melt butter, mix all ingredients together until dough is formed, make into 12 balls and flatten slightly on foil lined cookie sheet (I was out of non-stick, so I sprayed it with olive oil just in case they stuck)
Bake at 350 for about 15-20 mins. Mine took about 18 mins.
You could easily reduce the amount of cheese in this and I'm sure they would still be good. Could also add in any other spices to change it up.

****** totals per biscuit if you made 12 were 211 calories, 18.5 fat, 3 carbs, and 8.7 protein
zagnut is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I'm deff making this, this week.. I got the cream cheese 4 for 5, and the stores own brand name of the tomatoes with green chilies (like rotel can't tell the difference) they were on sale for 49cents a can (I got like 15 cans lol)
I will have to run this on ******. I may very well make this with ground pork instead of beef for the extra fat! YAY
This is something we are going to enjoy all winter long. It's so good!
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #126
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,807
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Came up with a recipe this morning for pumpkin cheesecake pudding...
2 Oz cream cheese
1 Tbspn coconut oil
2 tbspn dried unsweetned coconut
Quarter cup pumpkin
Dash cinnamon, dash nutmeg, splash of vanilla extract
Sweetner of choice

Put all the ingredients in a bowl, microwave for a minute
Stir well and enjoy!

429 calories
42.7g fat
9.8g carbs/4.1g fiber
5.9g protein

86% fat, 9% carbs, 5% protein
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #127
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,835
Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Judy, do you have the macros on the taco soup? That looks so good.
zay is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #128
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,071
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
I have been eating cauliflower 'mac and cheese' for breakfast for the past couple of weeks and although it fits the profile pretty well, it does tend to be a bit high on the carb side for someone like me who is pretty sensitive so I am going to start making it and leave off the cauliflower all together and instead use those small packets of shirataki rice. The numbers look pretty good to me.

Shirataki and Cheese
Ingredients
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 ounces cream cheese , cut into small pieces
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 4 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions
Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, worcestershire and tabasco and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over prepared shirataki rice.

CAL CARB FIBRE FAT PROTEIN
Total: 1388 4 0 138 41
Per Serving: 347 1 0 35 10
__________________
Cathy
Original start - Feb. 2000 180/125

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member
 
dianajlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 72
Gallery: dianajlane
WOE: new to HFLC, but long-time LC-er
Start Date: 10/1/2012
New to HFLC

I moved this post to the October Nutritional Ketosis Thread - where I meant to put it in the first place

Last edited by dianajlane; 10-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: posted in wrong thread
dianajlane is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Judy, do you have the macros on the taco soup? That looks so good.
Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back here.
I do have the numbers for the taco soup. You could use more beef, or use higher fat beef or turkey to change things up. I think if you use a higher fat meat you'll have a lower protein amount - obviously desirable, but my dh does not low carb and I cut back on fat sometimes where I can for him.
And I learned protein hides where I would not have thought it was so plentiful!

There are other ingredients, but this is what I measured.
I ran through ****** (and reading the back of my cans and boxes) the following:

3/4 lb. ground beef 90% lean (12.00 OZ =577.80 calories 33.96g fat 68.04g protein, 0g carbs)
1/2 cup onion, chopped (28.64 cals, 0.08g fat 0.88g protein 6.10g carbs)
2-10oz. cans Rotel tomatoes (60 calories, 0g fat 5g protein 10g carbs)
2 cans beef broth (48 calories, 0g fat, 8g protein, 4g carbs)
1/2 c up heavy cream (4.00 oz = 411.2 calories, 44.1g fat, 2.44g protein, 3.3g carbs)
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed (806.16 calories, 79.12g fat, 17.12g protein, 6.4g carbs)

Entire recipe: 1941.36 calories, 157.36g fat, 101.48g protein, 28.8 carbs
1/10 recipe: 194.4 cals, 15.74g fat, 10.15g protein, 2.98.g carbs
__________________
Judy

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-10-2012 at 06:38 AM..
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Came up with a recipe this morning for pumpkin cheesecake pudding...
2 Oz cream cheese
1 Tbspn coconut oil
2 tbspn dried unsweetned coconut
Quarter cup pumpkin
Dash cinnamon, dash nutmeg, splash of vanilla extract
Sweetner of choice

Put all the ingredients in a bowl, microwave for a minute
Stir well and enjoy!

429 calories
42.7g fat
9.8g carbs/4.1g fiber
5.9g protein

86% fat, 9% carbs, 5% protein
Kerry THANK YOU!! Love me some pumpkin cheesecake!
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I have been eating cauliflower 'mac and cheese' for breakfast for the past couple of weeks and although it fits the profile pretty well, it does tend to be a bit high on the carb side for someone like me who is pretty sensitive so I am going to start making it and leave off the cauliflower all together and instead use those small packets of shirataki rice. The numbers look pretty good to me.

Shirataki and Cheese
Ingredients
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 ounces cream cheese , cut into small pieces
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 4 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions
Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, worcestershire and tabasco and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour over prepared shirataki rice.

CAL CARB FIBRE FAT PROTEIN
Total: 1388 4 0 138 41
Per Serving: 347 1 0 35 10
Cathy I miss macaroni & cheese - thank you!
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #133
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,071
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Cathy I miss macaroni & cheese - thank you!
The credit goes to Linda Sue. She is a genius! After 3 yrs of low carbing, I am still 'discovering' her recipes.
clackley is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelby'snana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere, Tx
Posts: 6,400
Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Judy, I make this soup about every 2 weeks, I just LOVE it !!

Cathy I want to make your mac n cheese, looks super good ! Thanks !

Y'all have a great day !
shelby'snana is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #135
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,835
Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back here.
I do have the numbers for the taco soup. You could use more beef, or use higher fat beef or turkey to change things up. I think if you use a higher fat meat you'll have a lower protein amount - obviously desirable, but my dh does not low carb and I cut back on fat sometimes where I can for him.
And I learned protein hides where I would not have thought it was so plentiful!

There are other ingredients, but this is what I measured.
I ran through ****** (and reading the back of my cans and boxes) the following:

3/4 lb. ground beef 90% lean (12.00 OZ =577.80 calories 33.96g fat 68.04g protein, 0g carbs)
1/2 cup onion, chopped (28.64 cals, 0.08g fat 0.88g protein 6.10g carbs)
2-10oz. cans Rotel tomatoes (60 calories, 0g fat 5g protein 10g carbs)
2 cans beef broth (48 calories, 0g fat, 8g protein, 4g carbs)
1/2 c up heavy cream (4.00 oz = 411.2 calories, 44.1g fat, 2.44g protein, 3.3g carbs)
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed (806.16 calories, 79.12g fat, 17.12g protein, 6.4g carbs)

Entire recipe: 1941.36 calories, 157.36g fat, 101.48g protein, 28.8 carbs
1/10 recipe: 194.4 cals, 15.74g fat, 10.15g protein, 2.98.g carbs
Thanks so much Judy! Much appreciated!!
zay is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member
 
solarpluvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 358
Gallery: solarpluvia
Stats: 220/169/140 5'5" 37yo
WOE: HFLC
Start Date: 3 July 2011
Buffy, I'm glad that you like the mayo and ranch recipes. I love mayo and just got so frustrated at not being able to find any that wasn't made with soy or canola oils. I know it is not quite as low carb to use a ranch packet, but I'm far too lazy to dig out all of the herbs and spices to do it from scratch.
solarpluvia is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,108
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpluvia View Post
Buffy, I'm glad that you like the mayo and ranch recipes. I love mayo and just got so frustrated at not being able to find any that wasn't made with soy or canola oils. I know it is not quite as low carb to use a ranch packet, but I'm far too lazy to dig out all of the herbs and spices to do it from scratch.
I do love those 2 recipes and so glad to find them for the same reasons. I think the carb count is very reasonable and, b/c the dressing is not so thick, it is easy to get mixed up with the salad.

I actually like it better than any ranch I have found at the grocery store. Now, I have bought ranch from restaurants that are very good, but, who knows what all is in them? Yours is fantastic. And so easy, I just keep saying that, but I am truly amazed at how the mixture turns into mayo using just a jar and a stick blender, I want to make more just to watch it turn,
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
I'm going to make that mayo as soon as my eggs get room temperature!
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #139
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,835
Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Happy Birthday Buffy! ...and many more happy and healthy ones to come!

Just made the mayo for the first time today. It is delicious! Thanks so much!
My taste called for some a good amount of salt and garlic powder added.
I used Hollywood, Expeller Pressed Safflower Oil...mostly monounsaturated fat.
zay is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,108
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Happy Birthday Buffy! ...and many more happy and healthy ones to come!

Just made the mayo for the first time today. It is delicious! Thanks so much!
My taste called for some a good amount of salt and garlic powder added.
I used Hollywood, Expeller Pressed Safflower Oil...mostly monounsaturated fat.
Thanks Zay, glad you liked the mayo. I kept mine as is, but add different things as I add it to dishes. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #141
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,835
Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get back here.
I do have the numbers for the taco soup. You could use more beef, or use higher fat beef or turkey to change things up. I think if you use a higher fat meat you'll have a lower protein amount - obviously desirable, but my dh does not low carb and I cut back on fat sometimes where I can for him.
And I learned protein hides where I would not have thought it was so plentiful!

There are other ingredients, but this is what I measured.
I ran through ****** (and reading the back of my cans and boxes) the following:

3/4 lb. ground beef 90% lean (12.00 OZ =577.80 calories 33.96g fat 68.04g protein, 0g carbs)
1/2 cup onion, chopped (28.64 cals, 0.08g fat 0.88g protein 6.10g carbs)
2-10oz. cans Rotel tomatoes (60 calories, 0g fat 5g protein 10g carbs)
2 cans beef broth (48 calories, 0g fat, 8g protein, 4g carbs)
1/2 c up heavy cream (4.00 oz = 411.2 calories, 44.1g fat, 2.44g protein, 3.3g carbs)
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed (806.16 calories, 79.12g fat, 17.12g protein, 6.4g carbs)

Entire recipe: 1941.36 calories, 157.36g fat, 101.48g protein, 28.8 carbs
1/10 recipe: 194.4 cals, 15.74g fat, 10.15g protein, 2.98.g carbs
Thanks again Judy for figuring out the nutrition numbers!

I made this Linda Sue's Low Carb Taco Soup today for the first time and my family really enjoyed it. They said it tasted gourmet
I didn't change a thing in the recipe and I thought it was perfect.
zay is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 946
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post

I made this Linda Sue's Low Carb Taco Soup today for the first time and my family really enjoyed it. They said it tasted gourmet
I didn't change a thing in the recipe and I thought it was perfect.
I don't change anything either and my husband LOVES this. He asks me to make a pot of it almost every week just for him to eat through the week.
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Linda Sue is a wonderful go-to.

I love her comments, too, whether she liked the result or what she's changed in the recipe.
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelby'snana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere, Tx
Posts: 6,400
Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Have a HUGE pot of this on the stove right now ! I absolutely can't get enough of this stuff !! My DH likes it too so that's a plus I'm making a double to triple batch
shelby'snana is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,411
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Just realized we're calling it Linda Sue's Low Carb Taco Soup, and the author is actually Cheri.

CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP
1 pound ground beef
2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings
Freezing not recommended
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Just realized we're calling it Linda Sue's Low Carb Taco Soup, and the author is actually Cheri.

CHERI'S CREAMY SOUTHWESTERN TACO SOUP
1 pound ground beef
2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings
Freezing not recommended
This sounds amazing! Do you have the carb/cal count ? Thank you!
sunday is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,992
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Duh, I just found it!!! Thanks!
sunday is offline  
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Blonde with a Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,752
Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Subscribing, thanks Sunday!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline  
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 140
Gallery: Jacksie
Stats: 248/218/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 01, 2014
Marking my spot! Thanks for sharing all the great recipes and ideas.

Starla
Jacksie is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member
 
Love&Luck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 432
Gallery: Love&Luck
Stats: (229) 181/168.5/140 5'4"
WOE: NK
Start Date: yep
Thank you all for the wonderful recipes! I can't wait to try many of them.
Love&Luck is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.