Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marcea
Stats: 165/140/135
WOE: GF, Atkins
Start Date: September 2005
Hi Janie. To be real honest, I'm not absolutly sure about how much 2 gm of Glucomannan is. However, On the Glucomannan Package it says that 5 gms is a serving size. Since Grams is a weight, we have to convert it into our measurements. My own conclusion (although I haven't been able to verify it) is that since they (the company) refers to mixing 1 tsp Glucomannan into a cup of water, then that seems like they consider 1 tsp to be a serving. OK - so maybe that's a little backwards, but that is pretty much how I use it. To me, that would mean that 2 gm's is about 2/5th of a tsp or just a little less than 1/2 tsp.

To confirm that I just found a "General Gram Conversion" Calculator and plugged in 5 gm = How many tsp. It came out to be 5 gm's = 1.054 tsp and 2 grams = 0.421 tsp. So I guess all my supposing was pretty close to accurate. Amazing - Math and I do not get Along.

As far as the Oatmeal - it is Gluten free. The problem that exists has to do with when Oats that are grown in a field that has been used for growing wheat, grown next to a wheat field or is processed on the same equipment as wheat. Essentially the Oats get contaminated and some Celiac's respond very badly to that. I'm just real careful. Quite frankly, I think that there are a lot of people who are just "better without wheat". Given the fact that Wheat itself can create inflammation - that makes a lot of sense. Bob's Red Mill has a brand that is certifiably Gluten Free and I think there are other brands as well.

Yeah - I'm thinking about that Mayo too.

Cheers
Marcea

PS Gram Converter link Gram Conversion Calculator

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Wow, Marcea, that helps.

I am currently doing JUDDD, and I severely cut calories about half the time (every other day), so the "mayo" sub would be great on those days--with tuna or chicken, to get some food chewing in for not many calories.

Will maybe try for my dinner tonight.

Thanks.

I have some steel cut oats. . .I may try that someday, on my to do list.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't find the chicken salad recipe now with glu. . .can you?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

I couldn't find the Chicken Salad with Gluc. But then being newer to the list, I may not have all the skills to look effectively:blush:. Hope somebody can - sounds good with the Gluc Mayo.

I was just perusing the index that Billie put together, I think I end up there once or twice a day. Anyway, I just want to say thanks again Billie !!!! That index sure makes things much, much easier!!!!!

Janie - I don't know that much about JUDD - I'll have to look it up. My basic thing is GF with a kind of a mixture of Adkins, Schwartzbein and South Beach Diet, with a little Suzzanne Summers mixed in. Funny, I have found so many "little" tweaks in all of them. Now I'll have to go see about JUDD. Interesting.

Cheers
marcea

Last edited by marcea; 04-20-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Janie, I have to say thanks again for starting this thread. It's fascinating.

Marcea, those sourdough rolls sound divine, I'll have to try them. I can hardly wait...but I'll have to for another few weeks.

Gracie, So good to see you here. I'm going to try that cream of wheat recipe too.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marcea, go to "Other Plans" under "Eating and Exercise Plans" and read up.

The idea is that you never let your body get used to a set number of calories, if I am correct.

I had some issues with regained weight from steroid type medications, tried to go off the steroid type meds, got really sick, but got tired of the extra lbs.

I am looking like myself after a couple of months of JUDDDD. With Glucomannon powder help!!!

The same lc food (that I used to maintain on) wasn't doing the job, and a low calorie diet over a period of a time--I won't ever go there again---VLC diets and me, well, been there done that, and I've learned they aren't for me. (done em in the past)

Way TMI!!!

Anyway, I couldn't tweak the site enough to find that recipe for my dinner tonight. I'll keep looking!

Janie
Old 04-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I did find the recipe. . .

from Preventions site

here are the ingredients

Dijon Chicken Salad
0 Reviews 0 RATE THIS RECIPE WRITE A REVIEW
This recipe contains glucomannan, a natural, soluble fiber that is often used to help with weight loss. (The fiber creates a sense of fullness and can help reduce appetite.) You can purchase glucomannan in capsule form or in packets, at health food stores or through online distributors. Ingredients
Serves: Prep: 5min Cook: 0min Total: 10min NOTE: Ingredients for a changed serving size are based on a calculation and are not reviewed by the author or tested. Please also consider scaling up or down cooking containers as needed.
•1 1/2 tablespoons chicken broth, regular
•1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
•1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
•4 grams glucomannan
•3 ounces broiled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
•1/2 cup chopped celery
•1/3 cup peeled, chopped sweet apples (such as golden delicious)
•1 tablespoon capers, drained (optional)
•salt
•ground black pepper to taste

Of course I will tweak away. . .and try this.

Maybe I will just use fat free Mayo!!!

I dunno!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Janie, I have to say thanks again for starting this thread. It's fascinating.

Marcea, those sourdough rolls sound divine, I'll have to try them. I can hardly wait...but I'll have to for another few weeks.

Gracie, So good to see you here. I'm going to try that cream of wheat recipe too.
Hey Linda!!

Good to see you!

I want to try the rolls. . .but not till the weekend.

BTW, I really am retiring again this May!

It will stick this time!!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I made dressing for chicken salad.

I drained the broth from a can of chicken breast chunks.

I plopped into my Bullet about a tablespoon of fat free mayo

and squeezed in some dijon mustard

and some franks hot sauce

a shake of splenda

plus 1/2 teaspoon of glu powder.

And whirred away.

Ended up with a good half cup plus of dressing--nice and thick, and of course low fat, low carb, low cal.

Added that to the 5 serving size can of chicken--13 oz. from Sams.

Now this could be dressed up with hb eggs.

And of course some onion, and celery would be great.

Half an apple would be yummy if you can afford the carbs.

NUTS would be TDF (to die for).

But I'm going simple.

Of course you could leave out the franks hot sauce.

Or make it curry powder.

And with tuna instead.

Or with just eggs--HB.

Or, how about with cauliflour, eggs, onion, celery--and yellow mustard. . .and make faux tater salad. Man, that sounds good.

Will try the faux tater salad this weekend. See if it passes the DH test.

I'm thinking one could make other lower cal dressings replacing the fat or some of the fat with glu jell, flavored however direction one is going.

Like. . .blue cheese.

Thousand Island.

Wow, this stuff is very adaptive--the glu powder.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Ahhhhhh Janie - The Chicken Salad Sounds yummy and I can hardly wait to hear about the Faux tater salad!!!!! I do love taters! - especially the Faux ones.

Hi Linda - it's really nice to meet you!!!! I truly hope you enjoy the sourdough rolls. Like I said - my husband didn't think they were all the sourdoughy but they sure did taste good to me!

Janie - thanks for stearing me in the right place for the JUDD program - looks very interesting and helpful so your weight point doesn' get stuck!!!!.

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
I made Pam's glaze today, only I made cherry. I made 1/2 a recipe. I didn't have (don't use) the Steviva and even she said she doesn't use the Sweet N Low any more. Here is what I used (remember this is 1/2 recipe):

Glucomannan Cherry Glaze

1 cups cold water
1 envelopes unsweetened cherry Kool-aid
did not use the extra flavoring
2 TBsp Erythritol/Xylitol blend 1/2 & 1/2 (I keep some mixed up these days)
1/8 tsp stevia extract, pure powdered
didn't use the Sweet N Low
1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
4 (maybe 5) drops Sweetzfree

Put water in saucepan, add all ingredients except glucomannan and whisk until dissolved. I measure the glucomannan powder into a shaker and then sprinkle over the liquid a little at a time whisking the whole time until all the glucomannan is added. I then slowly heated it up a bit until everything dissolved and was as thick as I like. Pour into container and let cool then refrigerate.

I may have gotten it a little thicker than needed. It is hard to tell when it is thick enough. It thickens more when it gets cold.

I had made a flourless chocolate cake (I'll tell about making it below). Also made whipped cream. I spread whipped cream on the chocolate cake, poured SF chocolate syrup on top, then spooned on some of the cherry glaze. Very good. I made one for both myself & my DH. He really liked it. I thought the glaze was slightly bitter (not bad, but a little), he didn't think so.

OK, the cake.

I started out with CarolynF's Flourless 3 Minute Cake. (I realize the whole idea of her cake was to not use any other flours. Just use egg & cocoa, but I wanted a little more fiber.
I used:

1 TBsp coconut oil melted
2 TBsp Erythritol/Xylitol blend (1/2 & 1/2)
1 pkt Sweet One
1 pkt Sweet Leaf Stevia Plus
1 egg
2 TBsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Glucomannan (I had 1/4 tsp, but I'm using 1/2 tsp now)
1/2 TBsp oat fiber
vanilla (probably 1 tsp, didn't measure)
cream (again didn't measure, about 1 TBsp)

Mix well. Bake in microwave 1 minute.

Actually this is a little like Ouzoid's superlow carb/calorie chocolate OMM too. Kinda a tweak of the 2.

You can use whatever sweetener you like. It is approximately a 3 TBsp to 1/4 cup equivalent.

Reminiscent of Black Forrest Cake

Thanks for the Glaze recipe Pam!

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Billie--no egg in that cake? I seem to remember that Caroline's had an egg?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
Thanks for the Glaze recipe Pam!
I do still use the Sweet'n Low but mostly for the synergestic effect, without it it seems to lack something, but I see use used liquid splenda so that should work the same. The Koo-aid is really bitter so it takes quite a bit of sweetener to offset it. I also tried making a batch without the strawberry extract but I found that it did really add something so I put it back in.

I have increased the glucomannan to 1 1/2 tsp since I like it a little thicker than what I first made. My stepson loves this glaze so I keep him a bowl of sliced up fresh strawberries mixed with the glaze in the fridge.

I love black forest cake, I'll have to try this. If you use Soobee's tip of adding 1/4 tsp gluc to 1 cup HWC, you will get a really stabilized whipped cream that's very similar to Cool Whip.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For supper last night I had put a chuck roast in the crockpot with some beef broth. I made a brown gravy with the broth and I am so happy how it turns out, I can't get over how well the gluc works without making it slimy.

I had over a quart of gravy left over and last time I made it I used it in some veggie soup and it gave the soup a nice thickness, kind of like you would get if you used potatoes. I also used some in a batch of Dotties Texas Chili in place of the beef broth it calls for and it also gave the chili a thickness we like. I like my chili thicker, not soupy, especially so now since I can't have my beloved Zesta saltines.

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love this stuff. Do you think this is what Walden Farms has been using all along to make their products? I still need to perfect the maple syrup but I've been a bit busy lately, we're getting some work done on our horse barn so every evening and weekend has been tied up.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
For supper last night I had put a chuck roast in the crockpot with some beef broth. I made a brown gravy with the broth and I am so happy how it turns out, I can't get over how well the gluc works without making it slimy.

I had over a quart of gravy left over and last time I made it I used it in some veggie soup and it gave the soup a nice thickness, kind of like you would get if you used potatoes. I also used some in a batch of Dotties Texas Chili in place of the beef broth it calls for and it also gave the chili a thickness we like. I like my chili thicker, not soupy, especially so now since I can't have my beloved Zesta saltines.

I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love this stuff. Do you think this is what Walden Farms has been using all along to make their products? I still need to perfect the maple syrup but I've been a bit busy lately, we're getting some work done on our horse barn so every evening and weekend has been tied up.
The pot roast gravy sounds yummy. . .will try that. . .for both soup and chili. . .since pot roast is on my grocery list. . .
Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Billie, the cherry glaze sounds good. . .I do have some marachino cherry flavoring somewhere. . .but no Koolaid powder. . .

The Black Forest does sound like a winner.

So many recipes, so little time!!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Really? Marachino cherry flavoring? What is the brand?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I do still use the Sweet'n Low but mostly for the synergestic effect, without it it seems to lack something, but I see use used liquid splenda so that should work the same. The Koo-aid is really bitter so it takes quite a bit of sweetener to offset it. I also tried making a batch without the strawberry extract but I found that it did really add something so I put it back in.

I have increased the glucomannan to 1 1/2 tsp since I like it a little thicker than what I first made. My stepson loves this glaze so I keep him a bowl of sliced up fresh strawberries mixed with the glaze in the fridge.

I love black forest cake, I'll have to try this. If you use Soobee's tip of adding 1/4 tsp gluc to 1 cup HWC, you will get a really stabilized whipped cream that's very similar to Cool Whip.
Pam, If I had had some good Cherry flavoring, I might have added the extra flavoring, but I didn't (or at least not that I found), so just left it out. I may get some cherry. I have some strawberry, but wanted to make cherry this time.
I don't have the SweetNLow, and don't plan to get any. But it did well using the Sweetzfree. Some might want to add a drop or so more. ??
Mine is pretty thick after it cooled with just the 1 tsp, but I'll keep that in mind. I want to make some strawberry later.

I had a mixture of Guar, Xathan, Clear Fiber (or something like that, it's accacia), and Gluc pwd mixed up in a shaker bottle. I did sprinkle some of that in my whipped cream while mixing. I thought 1/4 tsp seemed like quite a bit of Gluc in the whipped cream personally. But I guess it also depends on how much you are making up. I just made a small amount up this time. So just sprinkled a little of that mixture in as I was whipping. I think it worked well. (Actually I think I used about 2/3 to 3/4 cup whipping cream.)

I missed seeing several posts last night when I posted. Don't have time to respond to them right now tho....... But, you are welcome Marcea for the index. Found if very useful last night myself! And Thank You Janie for starting the post!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pam - nice to meet you. I've been looking at your glaze - it sure does look good!!! I've been going to try it - I just have to find some "flavoring" that doesn't have the additives that Cool aid has. Unfortunately, Kool aid has Natural Flavors which can (50/50 % of the time) mean there is MSG in it. Blast it all!!! I'm really allergic to the stuff and I am afraid to try it. Anybody have any ideas? I'm open? I've looked but haven't seen anything. Heck maybe I'll just grind up a strawberry.
Also wanted to ask you about this that you wrote in post # 625

"If you use Soobee's tip of adding 1/4 tsp gluc to 1 cup HWC, you will get a really stabilized whipped cream that's very similar to Cool Whip"

I'm afraid I don't know what HWC is. Sorry, I'm still trying to find my way in the lingo here. Hey, thanks for the wonderful ideas. I'm with Janie - Pot Roast sound superb!

Billie - Your Cake sounds absolutely Scrumptious!!!! What a good idea!!!!. I really like the extra fiber too. And again - I really have been using the index you set up. Thank-you sooooooooooooo very much!!!!

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HWC = Heavy whipping cream

I know Kool-aid isn't the best thing in the world to use, I do have some Lorann strawberry flavoring that I could try (plus a bunch of other flavors).

Last edited by PaminKY; 04-22-2011 at 02:09 PM..
Old 04-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the name of another product to try - I'll have to check that out. I don't know that Coolaid is a bad idea - in fact, I think it is a good idea - I just can't use it. Bummers!!!! Oh - well. Thanks for putting together the basic mix - I'm looking forward to getting it so I can use it too.

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

This is a recipe I have made many times without the Glucomannan and yesterday I decided to see how it would do with it. It did just fine - so I wanted to share it with you! It's something I often have in the Fridge on standby. We often have it for breakfast and will probably have it Easter when my youngest is here. Now, I've just got to put on my thinking cap and figure an alternative to Pams Glaze that I can use.

Cheers
marcea

Note: I will often use the fried Crepe rounds like I would a corn or flour tortilla. i.e. make cheese enchilladas and/or add ortega or jalepeno chili's. You could probably add Gluc to the eggs but I think the crepe's consistency is just fine with just the eggs.

Crepes with Glucomannan Filling
Ingredients:
Qty Unit Ingredient
CREPE FILLING
1 lb Cottage cheese
1/2 lb Cream Cheese (Softened)
1/3 tbsp Vanilla
Sweetner to taste
1 Cup Water
1 1/3 tsp Glucomannan (Might need to add or subtract
- 1 1/2

CREPES
Eggs

Instructions:
1st Soften Cream Cheese in Microwave.
I use a heavy duty mixer and just start mixing in the Cottage Cheese, Cream Cheese, Vanilla and sweetner to taste.
Then, use a hand mixer to mix together the 1 C water and 1 1/3 tsp. Glucomannan. I use a seasoning shaker to sprinkle in the Glucomanna while I'm beating so I am sure that it gets added slowly. (If you're not careful with this step you'll get great big blobs in the liquid.
Once the Gluc and water are well blended add it to other ingredients. Mix it well and you've got the crepe filling.

For the Actual Crepes I just use eggs. Usually 1 large egg will make 2 crepes. I beat the eggs until their nice a fluffy. I use a warmed up nonstick frying pan. Mine is an 8" Thermolon Pan that once it's seasoned, I don't need any oils. However, I often will start out with melting a tsp of Coconut Oil in the pan. I use a gas stove and I put the flame about medium. Once the pan is up to temperature, (Coconut oil is melted) I pour in 2-3 Tablsp whipped egg, let it spread over the bottom of the pan, (shake it in circles if I need to get it to coate the bottom of the pan. Then I put it back on the burner) In minutes, the crepe will "curl" around the edges and be ready to turn over where it will only need to be in the pan for a very short time. The first crepe - is often a challenge but after that the proces is very easy.

Once you've got the Crepe's made, you just put in the filling, at least 2-3 T, but I usually just put whatever looks right and roll it up. I cut up 3 or 4 strawberries or other fruit. (In the picture I cut up 2 big strawberries) and top it with your choice of Whip cream.

Filling (which is probably enough for at least 12 crepes maybe more)
Total Calories 806
Total Carbs 20
Total Fiber 6.5
So divided by 12 = 67 Calories each
Total Carbs 20 Total Fiber 6.5 = 13.5 Total Carbs for All the filling.

So divided by 12 = 67 Calories each
= 1.6 Carbs each (but with the subtraction of Fiber 1.25 Carbs each)

1 Egg is 70 Cal and .7 Carbs
1 large egg can make 2 Crepes
so add 35 cal to 67 cal you get a total of 102 Calories per Crepe
Add .35 Carbs to 1.25 and you get a total of 1.6 Carbs per crepe

2 Strawberries are 4-8 Calories (depending on how big they are)
1-2 Gram Carbohydrate (Again Depending on big they are)
If you choose Heavy Whipping cream with your choice of sugar free sweetner. : 1 T = 60 Calories and no carbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crepe - Ready to turn.jpg (38.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Crepe - rolled up.jpg (51.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg crepe - Done 2.jpg (42.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have Nature's Flavors. . .Marachino. . .haven't used it in a long time. Most people haven't given them the thumbs up. . .I'll have to try again! I think most people have found the shipping high too, but it was so long ago. . .they may be ruined. . .I'll use the smell test.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marcea. . .I love the idea of your crepes. . .and the pictures are lovely.

Isn't it funny how this sticky grows with more and more ideas???

So nice to have such an adventuresome group. . .

I think savory crepes might work for DH (he doesn't like much with cottage cheese or any texture like ricotta) Maybe make a cheese sauce with glu and liquid (broth? or almond milk?) and have sausage rolled inside. . .??? Just thinking here.

Of course, my favorite would be too carby--sauted apples, but there is zucchini, some other veggies and chayote that people flavor like apples. . .That rolled in a crepe with shredded cheese. . .now we are talking. . .

Chayote. . .need some!!

Marcea, have you ever sweetened your eggs? for sweet crepes?

Do you think your bread recipe either with less glu or thinned down (no cheese) would work for crepes??

So many ideas. . .
Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Janie, it is absolutely wonderful to have so many people willing to take chances with the Gluc and see what happens. That is what we are - a bunch of real life adventurers!!!! What a kick!!!

Glad you like the idea of the Crepes and the pictures. The Crepes have worked well for me in many different arena's. I like your idea of the Chayote. That's the nice thing about the crepes - they can easily go sweet, savory or just plain hot. My husband loves them wrapped around cheese and Jalepeno's with Hot Sauce on top.

I haven't tried sweetening the eggs, but I'm sure it would work well.

In terms of making the crepes out of Glucomannan and eggs. I've thought about it. In fact, I think someone (?) memory , maybe Roro or Mswoods (?) inadvertently did that when they tried to make noodles with a mix of eggs and Gluc. From the description - I was thinking that it wouldn't quite make it because you need the Crepe to hold together well while still being light and fluffy. The Egg alone does that well, but it would be nice to get that bit of extra fiber in there as well as lessen the calories and carbs.

I'm not sure about the breads, but my gut says no. I have actually thinned down the breads and made pancakes - but I'm still not happy wth the results yet - still working. The breads themselves would have to be thinned way way down to create that thin of a crepe. The Crepes themselves are actually thinner than a corn tortialla. Very light - sometimes you can actually see through them. They are light and pliable but durable and do not fall part.

OK - So I got tired of supposing I just tried making the Crepes out of Eggs and Gluc this is what I did:
1 large egg
added water to make 1/2 C liquid.
Beat the Egg and water
slowly added 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon Gluc while I beating the egg and water

The mixture got very frothy. I then cooked the crepe the regular way. It is definitely do-able, however, the crepes are very fluffy and harder to handle. When it's time to turn them, they don't turn as easily. They taste pretty good and perhaps, once you get the technique down, you'd be able to do it and stretch one egg into 4 crepes. It actually would probably make nice Fluffy Scrambled Eggs. Very Very Interseting.

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Pam, If I had had some good Cherry flavoring, I might have added the extra flavoring, but I didn't (or at least not that I found), so just left it out. I may get some cherry. I have some strawberry, but wanted to make cherry this time.
I don't have the SweetNLow, and don't plan to get any. But it did well using the Sweetzfree. Some might want to add a drop or so more. ??
Mine is pretty thick after it cooled with just the 1 tsp, but I'll keep that in mind. I want to make some strawberry later.

I had a mixture of Guar, Xathan, Clear Fiber (or something like that, it's accacia), and Gluc pwd mixed up in a shaker bottle. I did sprinkle some of that in my whipped cream while mixing. I thought 1/4 tsp seemed like quite a bit of Gluc in the whipped cream personally. But I guess it also depends on how much you are making up. I just made a small amount up this time. So just sprinkled a little of that mixture in as I was whipping. I think it worked well. (Actually I think I used about 2/3 to 3/4 cup whipping cream.)

I missed seeing several posts last night when I posted. Don't have time to respond to them right now tho....... But, you are welcome Marcea for the index. Found if very useful last night myself! And Thank You Janie for starting the post!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #627
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Omg i made the rolls/bread for the first time and wow they are the best bread ive found since starting lc. Its like magic how much they are like bread with just eggs,glucc,olive oil, and.cheese. sooo good.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #628
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Omg i made the rolls/bread for the first time and wow they are the best bread ive found since starting lc. Its like magic how much they are like bread with just eggs,glucc,olive oil, and.cheese. sooo good.
MsWoods. Sure am glad to hear you are enjoying the rolls! I always enjoy hearing that!!!!

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #629
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Yes this is my go to bread recipe now. Im sure its very versitile as well. this will be a staple in my house from now on.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #630
Senior LCF Member

I am sooooooo Glad to hear that. I have to admit - it actually took me a little time to get up the courage to share the bread recipe. Don't ask me why now - you all are so really nice and accepting.

Hey, from the looks of your "signature" (not sure what else to call it) You really deservere a lot of kudos. Gesh - your down to the last few pounds of your goal - besides that it looks like you are right on target!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Big Time!!!!!!!
Cheers
marcea