Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Thanks to all of your requests, Glucomannan Powder is now available at Netrition.

Konjac Glucomannan Powder
Yay!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mrsitaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
They way they are these days I don't think I would try to carry on (or check) a ziplock bag of powder!!! I'm afraid you would lose it at best. Now it might make it thru the checked baggage, if they didn't happen to do a bag check of the contents of the bag, but I wouldn't take the chance. (Years ago, I probably would have.)
I think your best bet would either to take the original bag along (probably in the checked baggage), or buy a bottle of caps & put them in the checked baggage. Then just empty the caps & use it that way. (as needed!)

My Personal Opinion. What an aggravation these days!!!
I agree. i thought more about it...maybe for a minute or two, and just thought it isn't worth it. I can go without Gluc pudding for a week!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

A word of caution about the Gluc gel or glaze

I meant to post before, & it slipped my mind,,,,,,

If you do not think you can or will use the Gluc gel or the glaze (such as Pam's strawberry glaze) in a short time, I would advise against making up a very large batch!!!
I just found mold starting to grow in the gel I had in the fridge this morning. Apparently it doesn't have a very long "shelf life" once hydrated!! I imagine the citric acid in the Kool Aid will help it keep a little longer in the glaze, but I'm not sure how much longer.
I don't remember now just when I made my gel up, but it has been in the fridge for a few days, maybe a week. I haven't been using it all that much, and only in small amounts. Added a little a few times to my chia "Fresca", and some to my hot chocolate a few times.

Making me wonder how long a jar of jelly or jam would last if made with Gluc.. Hmmmmm.........

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SherBel
WOE: Atkins Induction-(esque)
Start Date: Feb 17, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Thanks to all of your requests, Glucomannan Powder is now available at Netrition.

Konjac Glucomannan Powder
I've been impatiently stalking the Netrition site, bought some today!! (I found some locally yesterday in a health food store, I saved a huge amount by waiting for Netrition. Huge amount)
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
I meant to post before, & it slipped my mind,,,,,,

If you do not think you can or will use the Gluc gel or the glaze (such as Pam's strawberry glaze) in a short time, I would advise against making up a very large batch!!!
I just found mold starting to grow in the gel I had in the fridge this morning. Apparently it doesn't have a very long "shelf life" once hydrated!! I imagine the citric acid in the Kool Aid will help it keep a little longer in the glaze, but I'm not sure how much longer.
I don't remember now just when I made my gel up, but it has been in the fridge for a few days, maybe a week. I haven't been using it all that much, and only in small amounts. Added a little a few times to my chia "Fresca", and some to my hot chocolate a few times.

Making me wonder how long a jar of jelly or jam would last if made with Gluc.. Hmmmmm.........
Well, my first batch of glaze is already gone since my teenage son discovered how much he liked it, he loves it over sliced up fresh strawberries. I made a new batch this morning though and that recipe makes the same size container as the T. Marzetti you buy at the store.

I did make some gluc maple syrup about two weeks ago and I was looking at it last night and it is still perfectly jelled and no sign of mold. I was thinking to myself that things must last a long time when made with it. I'll keep an eye on it and see how long it holds up.

Last edited by PaminKY; 04-14-2011 at 08:04 AM..
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
Well, my first batch of glaze is already gone since my teenage son discovered how much he liked it, he loves it over sliced up fresh strawberries. I made a new batch this morning though and that recipe makes the same size container as the T. Marzetti you buy at the store.

I did make some gluc maple syrup about two weeks ago and I was looking at it last night and it is still perfectly jelled and no sign of mold. I was thinking to myself that things must last a long time when made with it. I'll keep an eye on it and see how long it holds up.
I didn't think I really needed that comment about the glaze for you, with teenage boys in the house (and the way it sounded in your post), but thought I might need the caution to others, to just know it might go bad after awhile, and for everyone to watch for it.
Glad to know that the teens like it so well!! I'll have to try it soon, but I will at least start out with a smaller batch to be on the safe side. It could be partly that I forgot & left my gel out for a few hours sometime. I'm bad about that. And it may have shortened it's life. Glad your syrup is still good too!! I have a real problem in this house with mold developing when I think it shouldn't. (Possibly due to a rock wall we have. We are really beginning to think it is a culprit, and keep talking about spraying it down and trying to kill off molds & stuff on it. Course one of the reasons it was put in to begin with, was the pretty moss on it. Sigh!) I live in a very dry climate, so you would think bread & etc wouldn't mold here very quickly, yet it seems to mold quicker here. So I seem to have a big mold problem. Most other people may not have the same trouble with the gel & etc molding as quickly. I wish everyone the BEST!!!

Hey, I bet everyone would love your maple syrup recipe!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I need to work on the maple syrup recipe a bit, the texture is great and the flavor is good but I think I can improve it. I used Lorann pralines and cream flavoring and I think the caramel would be better, I've got caramel now but finding free time is the problem.

I only have one teenage boy of my own but he always has company and they do come in handy for taste-testing.

Last edited by PaminKY; 04-14-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

OK,,,, we'll be waiting on that syrup recipe! The Praline & Cream sounds good, but I don't have any of that. I DO have the caramel Lorann's.

Yeah, I understand what you mean about only 1 teen son of your own, but all the rest there!!! (It's been a while, but I always had lots of teens at my house too, when my kids were teens. Well, not as many the last couple years my daughter was home, cause we had moved to the country, so they didn't come out as often.)
And, I understand about finding the time too!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Hello all. I have been going over this thread the past few days and reading all the recipes. I ordered some glu and received it today. It was in my mailbox when I came home for lunch. I decided to try a shake.

I mixed 1 cup So Delicious coconut milk, 3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 Tbls peanut flour, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp glu and several ice cubes in my Vitamix.

OMG It was so good. A very creamy peanut butter shake and was so filling. I loved the way the ice blended up and stayed suspended in the mix and did not separate.

marcea I made your cheese bread when I got home from work I doubled the batch to get larger rolls and got 12 pretty flat rolls. Then I realized I forgot the water, so I am sure there would have been more rolls and maybe a little thicker if I had remembered the water but they are still very good and pretty sturdy.

I think I am onboard for more experiments.

Thank You Ladies for all your hard work.

Last edited by shadowzip; 04-14-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
I've been making the cheese bread every couple of days. Today I flattened the batter into 3 inch rounds and cooked a bit longer. Sturdy enough for hamburger buns!

I also left out the baking powder and oil, oops!, but they still came out fine. So I think when I have a fatty cheese I'll just leave out the oil and ditch the baking powder as well. I get 10 rolls per recipe. Anyone know the carb/calorie count on these?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Going back to JUDDD
I'm sitting here in Cancun (last day of vacation, waah!) and my gluc powder and oat fiber made it through customs without a problem. I even got the dreaded "red light" at the Cancun airport which means they go through your bag. I had packed opened bags of gluc powder and oat fiber into my checked bag - what I did was measure out what I thought I would use for the week and then take that in the original bag for ID. Well, they had NO INTEREST AT ALL in those items. What they were most excited about - and almost confiscated! - were my pouches of tuna! I was really happy to have the gluc and oat fiber with me on the trip. I could've lived without them, but they did make it easier to keep me filled up with low-cal stuff so I could save my carbs and calories for Banana Monkeys.

My guess is they take the drug-sniffing dogs for a pass over all the luggage before we get it and this stuff doesn't interest the dogs. I do have some left over so I'll see if I encounter any problems bringing it back home.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #582
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I made my boys a lc coffee shake today and they loved it. I used 1/2 c cold coffee, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c lc ice cream, 1 tsp gluc--mixed in my ninja and then poured over ice. Silky, creamy, smooth---my younger ds said it was better than regular milkshakes. (They can handle more carbs so I do give them milk)

This was my first experiment and I LOVE IT!! So glad I splurged. Can't wait to try more stuff.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marcea
Stats: 165/140/135
WOE: GF, Atkins
Start Date: September 2005
Hi There Shadowzip!! Glad to meet you and I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with - it is soooooooo much fun!!! There are times I feel a little like a mad scientist!!! It's fun though - lots of fun!!! I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed the Cheese bread. I really enjoy hearing that - thanks lots and lots!!! I think that must be left over from the days when I made lots of Cinnamon Rolls and just really enjoyed watching my kids or whoever eat them. I got a lot of joy out of just watching their faces light up. e Gotta admit - I still haven't quite perfected Glucomannan Cinnamon Rolls -

Shunsweets - I'm really glad your getting alot of milage out of the Cheese bread and doing your own thing with it as well - that's absolutely wonderful!!! I think Creativity and witnessing creativity are truly one of the joys in life. In term of Calorie Carb count -I guess I neglected to post that - so here it is. Looks like we would be better off to "forget the Baking Powder a little more often - one source I red said the Baking Powder was 1.27 gm per tsp. which makes it worth about 3.78 gr in the total recipe. Anway - here are the number I came up with.

Cheers
marcea

Calorie/Carb Count for Glucomannan Cheese Bread
Calories Carbs Fiber
1 T Baking Powder 6 3.78 Gm
4 teas Glucomannan 20 gm 20 gm
1 C Parmesan Cheese 432 4.06 gm 0
3 Eggs 222 1.8 0
1 T Olive Oil 120 0 0
_______________________________--
780 29.64 20

So 29.64 minus 20 of fiber makes 9.64 gm Carb for the whole recipie.
whoopiee!!!!!!

Last edited by marcea; 04-15-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Well - I guess that was just about as clear as mud! Sorry - formatting got lost somewhere. Sorry. Anyway

Total number per whole recipe were:
Calories=780
Carbs=29.64
Fiber=20

Total Carbs (29.64) minus Fiber (20 - Gluc) = 9.64 Carbs for this whole recipie.

If this was a double recipie that would make a total of 19.28 Carbs for the whole recipie. If you had 10 rolls that would be about 1.928 Carbs per roll.

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Hi Marcea Glad to meet you too, and everyone else here. My rolls that I forgot the water in are a little dry now but I will still use them and try again soon wit the correct recipe.

Had another shake for lunch yesterday and I just love how creamy they are, like a real ice cream shake. I have never been a real fan of protein shakes because they always seem to separate and you have clumps of icy shake with liquid around the edges. The glu takes care of that. I didn't finish my lunch shake yesterday so I put it in the fridge and it was thinner later but still creamy and good. I am gonna enjoy trying new things with the glu.
I am going to Texas this week and I am also wondering about taking my glu to at least make myself some bread.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Thanks for the numbers Marcea! Even better than I thought. I'm just loving baking with gluc. Gotta get up my courage to try the pudding or a shake again but for now the baking is going great!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Marcea... Looking at your brownie recipe, can butter be substituted for coconut oil?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle Belle View Post
Marcea... Looking at your brownie recipe, can butter be substituted for coconut oil?
I'm Sure it could be!!! Probably would taste really good that way. My body just does better with Coconut oil. In fact - I think in most cases with the recipies I've done, you can easily replace the oil with butter.

Enjoy
Cheers
marcea
Old 04-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Glucomannan Sourdough Rolls

OK - so I got hungry for Sourdough. I guess that is pretty much my MO - I get hungry for something and then the creative juices start fulminating.

What I get sometimes is anyones guess. :blush: Anyway - this time I ended up with some pretty descent sourdough rolls that I'm happy to share with you all. Gotta say - the smell permating the house was wonderful and I ate one hot out of the oven. Yummy!!!! It is a little more time consuming because you need to let the yeast startesit for a bit - but the texture and taste tuned out very good. Not sure how that will change overnight - but I'll let you know.

Also, I'll try to upload the pictures - gotta admit that I haven't had too much luck with that . . . but I'll see if I can get my "technical brain" in gear.

Cheers
Marca

PS Apologies to anyone dealing with Candida - I know this recipe is something you would need to pass on.

Glucomannan Sourdough Rolls
Yeast Starter
1/2 c Warm water
3 tbsp Instant Yeast
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp xylitol

Dough
4 lg Eggs
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Garlic Salt
7 tsp Glucomannan
1/4 c flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)

Instructions:
Yeast Starter" About an hour or so ahead of time mix the starter up and let it rise in a warm place.

Then when your ready to do the rolls:

Beat eggs until fluffy. I use an electric mixer and just keep it running as I add ingredients.
Add Coconut Oil, and garlic salt.
Slowly sprinkle the Glucomannan powder into the liquid while still beating. I use a seasoning shaker so I am sure that the Glucomannan gets added slowly. (If you're not careful with this step you'll get big blobs in the liquid.)
Add the Yeast Starter and the Flax Seed.

At that point the batter is thick enough to spoon easily onto a cookie sheet. It isn't quite as "sticky" as the cheese bread and will spread easily into a 3.5 - 4 inch diameter.

I spooned 6 "rolls" out onto a cookie sheet and cooked them at 350 degrees for about 20" (Maybe 25")

I didn't let the rolls sit before I cooked them. If I had perhaps they might have actually risen a bit more. Might be worth a try next time.

I got 6 rolls out of it.

Total Calories 670 (Which ='s 111.6 Calories per roll.
Total Carbs 53.3
Total Fiber 43.3

Total Carbs 53.3 - Total Fiber 43.3 = 10.3
Which equals out to 1.71 carbs per roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sourdough Roll.jpg (63.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Sourdough Roll 2.jpg (74.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcea View Post
So Welcome to all of you I see popping in onto this thread!!! It is so good to see you!!! I sure do look forward to hearing how you work with the Gluc - this is such a creative bunch here!!! I've just been really enjoying the heck out of it!!!

For myself, even though I've done well with low carbs in the past, just counting carbs hasn't been getting me back down to 135 lb. Blast!!! I had been sitting at about 145 lbs (and rising)
until I started working with the Glucomannan. Mostly I started with the Glu because I was trying to level out my BS and Cholesterol levels. Anyway - I'm down to a steady 139 now - Hallelujia!!! Also, my husband has lost 25 pounds since I've been using Gluc to cook with - he's totally jazzed!!!
In any case, the Gluc has really helped me get my BS and Cholesterol under control and that has been wonderful!!! The Fiber has not been a problem for either my husband or I. However, I have alway used lots of fiber - especially when I'm religiously doing low carb.

OK - so I got hungry for Pizza. This recipe is a derivative of the cheese bread, but I tried to decrease the cheese and lower the calories a bit. Here it is. I tried put pictures on - I guess I'll see if it was successful. What I tried to show in the pictures was how thick the crust was and the texture was very much like a "thick" slice of Pizza. Husband and I enjoyed it for upper and we have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Cheers
marcea

GF Glucomannan Pizza
Ingredients:
6 Eggs (Large)
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Baking powder
1-2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
5 tsp Glucomannan Powder
1/4 c Flax Seed
1/2 c Parmesan cheese

Instructions:
Beat (using electric beater) Eggs, Salt, Water, Olive Oil and Baking Powder until quite fluffy. Then slowly add in Glucomannan. I use a seasoning shaker to shake the Glucomannan in while the electric beater is running. When the beater leaves "waves" in the dough, it's probably just about thick enough. It'll be kind of the consistency of pudding. I then poured in the Flax Seed and the Parmesan Cheese. Pour batter onto a 16 Inch Pizza pan and spread it out as evenly as possible. (Mine came to abut 1-1 1/2 inches from the edge)

NOTE: Start out with just the 5 tsp Glucomanna, but depending on the size of the eggs you may need a bit more.

Cal Carbs Fiber
Eggs 360 (I think Eggs do have some Carbs - maybe .07? but I didn't figure those.)
2 T Oil 220
Flaxseed 140 5 4
Parm Cheese 480 0 0
Glucomannan 0 25 25

Calories 1200 for the entire Pizza Crust I cut it into 8 slices so that's about 150 calories a slice of Pizza crust. (Then you gotta figure out about the toppings.
Carbs 30 - Fiber 29. makes 1 Carb For the entire pizza

Note: The next time I make this - I am going to totally leave out the Parmesan Cheese and try replacing it with another 1/4 C Flax seed.
Wow, I got busy and missed this recipe.

Guess what I'll be making???!!!

Thanks Marcea!

Janie
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Hi - there Janie. I hope you enjoy the Pizza - my husband and I sure did!!!!

Cheers
Marcea

Ummmmmm - I just realized that I didn't write out that I cooked the Pizza at 350 degrees. ummmmmmmmmm also :blush: I cooked the crust 1st for I think (?) 15-20 minutes (?) and then added the topping. (I do know it was done and light brown) I know I then stuck it back in the over until the topping was done and the cheese was melted. ooopppppsss Sorry about that.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marcea, you are a genius!!

You were posting about sourdough while I was posting. . .and boy, does the sourdough sound yummy.

I will have to give that one a go. . .but pizza first!!!!! I'm thinking of making mini rounds. . .and using some for sammies. . .

And by the way, congrats, Marcea, for your weight loss with glucomannon.

I of course really think it has miracle properties, but it's nice to see others getting bang for their buck.

This thread is amazing.

The contributors are amazing.

WTG!!

Janie
Old 04-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
I've been following this gluc thread from the beginning and just had to post this morning to let you all know how much your hard work is appreciated!

I can't thank you all enough for all the great recipes you are offering, let alone the time you take to experiment with them.

I bought the Konjac gluc powder about 3 months ago, so I have plenty to experiment with and I now see that Netrition.com is carrying our brand. That is awesome!!

I tried a mish-mosh of gluc, almond milk, chia seeds, caramel and butterscotch falvoring with a dash of salt. My intention was to make a pudding, but it came out more like cream of wheat which is something I absolutely love and haven't had it since I was a kid.
I really want to try the cheese bread and plain rolls, so hope you don't mind if I join you gals.

Gracie's Journal
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Sazzie!!! Good to have you on board!!! Your Gluc Mish Mash sounds good. Cream of wheat is kind of a comfort food for me. I'll look forward to playing with it as well as seeing what other creative impulses you come up with. I know I sure have been jazzed with finding a place where other cooks are experimenting with what Glucomannan can and will do.

LOL Janie - I guess we were posting at the same time - what a kick!!! I again am just so thankful you had the impetus to start up this thread. I'd played around with Glucomannan but had not found anyplace that was doing much with it. Yes, there were some smoothie and Pudding recipies, but not really a wide variety of uses. This place has been a Godsend for me. Thanks again!!!

Janie - Thanks for the congrats for "almost" getting back down to my best weight. I'm telling you - I'd finally gotten down to my perfect weight (even the doc said so) and had stayed there for 4 years and then mid-life struck.(Menopause) My Body just started not behaving and the weight started creeping back on and didn't respond at all to what worked before. Thank goodness I came across the Glucomannan - that really has made a humongous difference!!!! I agree - Glucomannan has miracle properties!!!!

Ummmmmmm - I have a confession. My husband took a bite out of my sourdough rolls and told me that they don't taste like Sourdough. Now, I have to admit - he's just eaten a sandwich made out of extra sourdough bread so his taster probably is more attuned than mine. :blush: I haven't had sourdough in 5 or 6 years (since I found out I'm celiac). In anycase, it does (to me) taste at least "close" to what I remember. I had one this morning out of the toaster and I really enjoyed it!!! Anyway Next time I make this - I will probably make the starter and let it sit longer (maybe overnight) and see if that makes any difference. I didn't want to make a starter using the recomended Rice flour because that would really add on the carbs. I also remember, (from my bread making days) that if you add vitamin C to the yeast - it really "feeds it", so I may try that with it as well as let the starter "age" more. In anycase, the consistency of these rolls is such that they are easy to use and very breadlike. And fresh out of the toaster, they taste like sourdough to me.

Cheers
marcea

PS - Lately I have actually found a couple of sites that have some recipies for Glucomannan. They are not cooking it specifically for Low Carb but they do have some interesting ideas. I just wasn't sure if it was OK to post those links on this site. Ummmmmmm, do I just ask that question here?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think if they aren't selling stuff, you can send us there or post the link.

Or tell us what to google.

Thanks Marcea,

And maybe our tasters are broken, but if something tastes good, it just tastes good.

Thanks for the experimenting!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I will try this and see:

Living Low Carb with Glucomannan Powder

lots of recipes!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mac24312
Stats: 250/130/140
WOE: Stella Style/My OWN LC WOL ;]/Maintenance
Start Date: October 07 2006 Over 6 years on Atkins ;]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Well, I will try this and see:

Living Low Carb with Glucomannan Powder

lots of recipes!
It took me to the Netrition site..
Old 04-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Click on the Livingmlow carb and not the glu powder
Old 04-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Janie - Thanks for the info as well as the encouragement!!! You are right - even if our taste buds are a little different :blush: we can still tell when things taste good. Gesh - that man of mine will eat whole Jalepeno's and hardly bat an eye lid. Maybe it's his tastebuds that are a bit warped. LOL

Wow!!! Netrition did a great write up for Glucomannan - Really gives an overall view of what you can do with it. Good for them!!!!

That one link you posted is one of the ones I had found as well Janie - Looks Good!!!!

Another website I found was this one.
The Healthy Recipe Finder - glucomannan Recipes

It has other recipes, but I put Glucomannan in the search and it came up with 89 recipe's that had Glucomannan in them. Some of them look similar to what we have done - others look very interesting. Some of them are even rated. In that most of them are into a different way of cooking (cooking with wheat etc.) - I'm not so sure I could go that route totally, but I think it does have some very good ideas to check out.

Cheers
marcea
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I looked at those recipes, Marcea, and couldn't figure out what 2 grams of glu would be, or any of those measurements.

Any ideas?

Interesting, using the thickened broth like mayo. . .might try that one. . .

Thanks!

(I also saw the steel cut oats. . .used after blending in blender and don't know if that is gluten free. I stay mostly gluten free, I really try, I just feel better without--no diagnosis medically)

Janie