Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Just made the brownie "biscuits". Very good. Next time I'll add more sweetener.

Have the coconut/gluc bread in the oven now. I added sweetener and lemon extract to the recipe to try for a sweet bread/pound cake type thing. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #422
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ev.cheung
My various "noodle making" experiments yielded similar results as y'all that tried it.

The first time I put the gel in a ziplock bag and cut a little hole to squeeze the gel out into a pot of simmering water since I too read that the heat is supposed to firm the gel up. Well, the majority melted and I ended up with a thickened liquid with little lumps. I turned the batch into soup.

I also tried spreading another batch of gel into a cookie sheet then bake it in a low oven hoping to firm it up then cut into strips. It partially set and I ended up with some very softish solid pieces but I didn't like the texture.

Finally I tried a method that requires steaming the gel in a square pan for 20-30 minutes, let it cool, soak in cold water then cut into desired shapes. Blanch them in boiling water with salt and vinegar. Remove and store in cold water until ready to use. This time I actually got solid pieces, but again the texture is nowhere close to the commercial shirataki noodles.

I found on Wikipedia this morning about commercially manufactured shirataki noodles "shirataki was prepared by pouring konnyaku sol through small holes into hot water containing lime in high concentration" so Roro's comment about we can't duplicate it exactly at home hits the nail on the head.

Oh well, there are still so many other uses for the Gluc powder.

Evelyn
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreeza
can anyone compare glucomanan powder to chia seeds for me?
Are both equal as to laxative effects" Do both thicken and do both sub for things like oils and fats? I just ordered some and could use some help .Tia
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Vegetarian Moderate Carb~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
I've made several variations of this dish. This is this mornings recipe:

1 cup French onion soup (30)
2 tbsp wheat free soy sauce (15)
1/2 cup water
1 pkg tofu shiritaki noodles (40)
red pepper flakes
1/2 pkg sf ornange drink powder (made for bottled water) (5)
stevia
2 scant tsps glucomannan powder
broccoli slaw (5)

Combine liquids and glu powder, whisk and cook until well blended, add remaining ingredients...boil gently for three or four minutes. Divide recipe in half (half now, half later). Pretty darn good. Sweet and savory. The consistency is like chinese food in a sauce made w/cornstarch. Aprox 45-50 cals per serving. Very filling! I like mine spicy so the red pepper flakes make it really good.

I know we all have our favorite flavors, I like to see others recipes and then change them up to suit my own tastes. The french onion soup added lots of flavor and I'm glad I tried it.

I've found (for myself) that I like the glu best when it's cooked. I'm making a cooked "pudding" later today with almond milk /water, cocoa powder, and stevia as a "change up in flavors for the day. I do JUDDD and these are filling and satisfying on my 500 calories or less days.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marcea
Stats: 165/140/135
WOE: GF, Atkins
Start Date: September 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
I underdstand! Oh how I can relate to that. And sometimes I think things happen, and posts just don't go thru. One day this or this past week, I couldn't even get on here. The site just wouldn't come up that day.

You said the batter was thick, but I'm still wondering if mine wasn't a little bit too think, tho it did make a good bread. I really had a hard time spreading it out in the loaf pan.

I bet it might very well make a good pound cake, and maybe even a cinnamon loaf. And I also relate to you on that not getting my recipes, or tweaks written down. Sometimes I make something once, and really like it, and then can't make it that way again, cause I didn't get my changes (rarely actually create a recipe from scratch) written down, and can't remember what they were.

Yes, Oat Fiber does really soak up liquid. I am using it more and more all the time. I've started putting it (not my idea) in my coconut oil chocolate bark. First time I did it, I put too much. (I still ate it tho!!! ) I cut back next time, & I really like it with it in it. Makes it more filling (and of course the fiber). I've even started adding a little Gluc pwd to it too. I am one who can use a LOT of fiber.

Thanks for the recipe Marcea.

Hmmm,,,,, looking at your reply to roro about the rolls/buns, I might try adding a little more baking pwd next time to this recipe too. Don't want to get too much, but maybe a little more.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who experiences some befuddlement now and again!!! And here I thought I was fairly savvy about computers. Gesh!!!

Thanks for the tips about the Oat Fiber - I plan to pick some up and give it a whirl. How much Gluc Pwd do you add to your Coconut Chocolate bark? Actually - what is the recipie that you use? I too am one of those ones who can use a lot of fiber!!!

I'm not really sure if I would worry too much about how thick the dough was if the bread actually turned out OK and wasn't too dense or rubbery. I have found recently that if I overbeat the Glucommanan after I've added it to the eggs, the dough does seem to get a bit tougher. I made another batch of brownies last night and decided to let the mixer keep mixing for another couple of minutes after I'd added the Glucomannan. Results: Tougher brownies! I'll eat them anyway, but next time I won't beat the dough too long after I've added the Gluc.

So do I call you "Billie" or "Crazy Woman"? In anycase - It's very nice to meet you. . and share ideas.

Cheers Marcea
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

MS Woods
Thanks for trying and letting us know!!!! Oh well - There are so many other things we can make with the Gluc.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post
Quoting for my personal reference. Making something like this this weekend! I've been good all week I need a treat!

I've been thinking of having myself a cheese fondu bar this weekend since I've been sooooooooooooooo good. Maybe I need some glu bread to dip it in!
MMMMMMMMMMMM Good!!!! Whatch gonna use for the sauce?

Enjoy Marcea
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post

Have the coconut/gluc bread in the oven now. I added sweetener and lemon extract to the recipe to try for a sweet bread/pound cake type thing. I'll let you know how it comes out.
Sure glad to hear you enjoyed the Brownie Biscuits!!!
Cheers
Marcea
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcea View Post
MMMMMMMMMMMM Good!!!! Whatch gonna use for the sauce?

Enjoy Marcea
I don't know I've never made it before. I was watching Throw Down w/Bobby Flay last night and they did a Fondu throw down
Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcea View Post
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who experiences some befuddlement now and again!!! And here I thought I was fairly savvy about computers. Gesh!!!

Thanks for the tips about the Oat Fiber - I plan to pick some up and give it a whirl. How much Gluc Pwd do you add to your Coconut Chocolate bark? Actually - what is the recipie that you use? I too am one of those ones who can use a lot of fiber!!!

I'm not really sure if I would worry too much about how thick the dough was if the bread actually turned out OK and wasn't too dense or rubbery. I have found recently that if I overbeat the Glucommanan after I've added it to the eggs, the dough does seem to get a bit tougher. I made another batch of brownies last night and decided to let the mixer keep mixing for another couple of minutes after I'd added the Glucomannan. Results: Tougher brownies! I'll eat them anyway, but next time I won't beat the dough too long after I've added the Gluc.

So do I call you "Billie" or "Crazy Woman"? In anycase - It's very nice to meet you. . and share ideas.

Cheers Marcea
Marcea, thanks for the info on not beating the batter too long after adding the Gluc pwd. I beat mine quite a bit!!! I may cut back just a tad more on the coconut flour, to keep more oat fiber in it tho, and cut back a tad on the "flours" next time, and see how it turns out.
I've got to try those "brownies"!!! I'll remember not to beat too long after adding the Gluc.

Here is the recipe I've been using for the coconut oil Chocolate bark (I tweaked someone elses basic recipe):

Chocolate Bark

1/2 cup Coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup sweetener blend (recipe follows, but use whatever sweetener you prefer to taste)
2 TBsp Oat Fiber (I tried more, and this is what I found best, could use less if you prefer)
1 TBsp sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 tsp Kelp pwd (very optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Vanilla DaVinci (again optional, and to taste if used)
Glucomannan powder (hmmmm I don't seem to have written that down. And I'm sorry, but I can't really remember. 1/4 tsp maybe up to 1 tsp?)

Powdered Sweetener Blend

1/8 c Erythritol
1/8 cup Xylitol
1 pkg Sweet One
1/4 tsp Stevia (pure extract)

Put all in blender jar/container & blend well into a powder.

Like I said, use your favorite sweetener for this. Because of the synergy & the fact it fluffs when powdered, the 1/4 of this sweetener is equal to more than 1/4 sweetening.
You might want to add a dash of salt to this bark too, especially if you leave out the Kelp. I think I've actually been adding just a dash or so (tiny pinch).

You may call me Billie or Crazy Woman either one! Either is fine with me. Nice ta meet you too Marcea, and glad we can share ideas!!!
Take Care & God Bless,
crazywoman/Billie

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreeza View Post
can anyone compare glucomanan powder to chia seeds for me?
Are both equal as to laxative effects" Do both thicken and do both sub for things like oils and fats? I just ordered some and could use some help .Tia
haven't used chia, but the glu powder has zero laxative effect on anyone I have seen.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
glu sausage gravy

Made sausage glu gravy last night
browned:
12 oz lean jimmy dean sausage
1/4 minced onion
lawrys season salt and ground pepper
then added
1 T almond flour
1/3 cup glu gel from fridge
mashed that throughout with a potato masher
mixed in one can first pressed coconut milk
dash of hot paprika
and heated through. No taste of coconut, nice and thick. DH added bacon grease to his cauliflower under it. SO GOOD
it was perfect over mashed cauli and will be fantastic over oopsies as biscuits or plain coconut flour muffins or the glu knockoff of red lobster cheesy garlic herb biscuits.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
STILL haven't gotten my gluc yet... I ordered it on Saturday from Konjacfoods. No word on whether it's been shipped or anything =/

I was wondering if the texture is right to maybe make some of that fake crab? The ingredients are basically cod, cornstarch and sweetener. So I'm thinking off the top of my head, cod, gluc and stevia? Since some say it has a fishy odor, this would certainly be appropriate! LOL!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #434
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: roro
Stats: 206/190/125
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-29-2000, restart 12/30/13
I have broken my 2 month stall, and it may be due to the glucomannan!!!

I really didn't think I was eating any less, I actually feel like I may be eating more. I also went up to 6 smaller meals/snacks a day and started eating the coconut oil bark, so it may be those too, or the combination.

I made a delicious custard today with coconut oil, one egg, coconut milk, liquid splenda, vanilla, and a spoonful of concentrated gluc gel that I had in the frig. I added strawberries, blueberries, almonds and shredded toasted coconut.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro View Post
I have broken my 2 month stall, and it may be due to the glucomannan!!!

I really didn't think I was eating any less, I actually feel like I may be eating more. I also went up to 6 smaller meals/snacks a day and started eating the coconut oil bark, so it may be those too, or the combination.

I made a delicious custard today with coconut oil, one egg, coconut milk, liquid splenda, vanilla, and a spoonful of concentrated gluc gel that I had in the frig. I added strawberries, blueberries, almonds and shredded toasted coconut.
Congrats on breaking that stall! I am stalled too (2 weeks) I can't image 2 months!

Did you cook the custard in a water bath, or nuke it?

My gluc was in my mailbox. I thought it would be delivered to the house lol! It might have came yesterday, I didn't check it til today.

What does everyone recommend as a good starter gluc recipe?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aediekins View Post
Did you cook the custard in a water bath, or nuke it?
I cooked it on the stovetop in a nonstick small frying pan with a plasic whisk. But thanks for the double boiler idea! I was pondering how to make a large batch of it, and I have a double boiler, and can use that with a metal whisk. No nuking! it would turn into scrambled egg!

I can't remember if I posted about making ice cream? I have been enjoying the ice cream. Just made pudding, chilled, then put in the ice cream maker, and it is better than any lowcarb recipe ice cream I have ever made! I haven't perfected it, but if you take your pudding, put it in the freezer, and stir it around every so often, it will probably be like what I made. I put a little cream, and 2 eggs in it. I think mine was like this:
approx:
1 oz bakers unsweetened choc
3 cups calorie countdown milk, divided
1/4 cup cream
2 tsp gluc
2 eggs
splenda

it freezes solid in the freezer, so I have to take it out for a long time before eating and then stir. but its yummy, and I am happy to be eating ice cream!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Yum! That sounds great. I was going to add some to my protein shake in the morning... someone said it makes it more like ice cream.

I will try your version too.

Tonight I added 1 tsp to some bbq sauce I made, (Added it to about 3 cups) and it didn't seem to do anything at first, but then a few minutes later it had really thickened up. It was a little too gelatinous. Edible, but next time I'll use only 1/2 teaspoon.

So far I've added 2 tsp to my chili cooking in the crockpot, and it hasn't appeared to make a difference.

So for the puddings you guys are basically thickening up milk, and then adding a flavoring, such as chocolate? I don't have any hood, so maybe I'll try that recipe for LC milk and use that.

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Old 03-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on breaking your stall roro!!!!! WooHoo!!!!

Yesterday I made a tweaked version of Blonde with a Rose's pudding #271 last night. Swiss Miss cocoa (the 25 cal diet), TBsp cocoa powder, water, almond milk, tsp gluc pwd, vanilla. I used a dab of butter in mine rather than the butter flavoring which I don't have, and I don't mind the extra fat. Blended it up, then heated it. I ate about half (or just over) warm last night. Then I put the rest in a storage bowl, and added a blob (1 or 3 TBsp) of chia gel to it. Stirred it up & put in the fridge. I ate it cold this evening with a little cream poured over it. (would have used whipped cream, but didn't have any, and didn't feel like making it.) Oh, and this is actually a blend of the #271 post and a later one where she added cocoa to it. And since I had the extra cocoa pwd, I added a little sweetener, but can't remember for sure what now. I think I added a little liquid Stevia, and maybe just a little DaVinci SF syrup.
It was really good both warm, and cold with the added chia. (Would be good without the chia too.)
Old 04-01-2011, 03:34 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
roro, you broke a stall??? Isn't that wonderful!!! Yippee, yippee, yippee!! (3 cheers)

And what a great idea for ice cream. . .I will try that soon, I hope that works well for me, I enjoy ice cream in the summer. (and it's already in the 80's here, so I think that counts!)

You all rock!!

Billie, you crack me up with your cooking--and of course I cook just like you do. There's a cookbook "She Cooks by Ear" and it had nothing on the tweakers here at LCF!! Anyhoo, I'm going to try the pudding without protein powder. . .soon. I have gotten in the habit of using pro pwder and eating whatever as a meal replacement. . .

This thread has a few twists and turns, doesn't it???

Janie
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

I guess the mods deleted my April Fool's joke. Lighten up a little people! It's an American tradition! =)

Anyways, I tried adding a teaspoon of gluc to my morning protein shake in hopes of an ice-cream like consistency, but it didn't do much. I added another 1/2 teaspoon and still not much of a difference.

It did have a smoother consistency in a way, but it was also grainier than usual. Like the liquid thickened, but the protein powder was separated. I don't know how to explain it exactly.

So will that tsp and half of gluc keep me full longer?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Aediekins, you will know if it keeps you full longer. I think mileage differs.

I THINK it keeps me full longer, therefore it does. IYKWIM!

So much of eating is a mind game!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Aediekins, you will know if it keeps you full longer. I think mileage differs.

I THINK it keeps me full longer, therefore it does. IYKWIM!

So much of eating is a mind game!
Yes, very true!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #443

OK, PM me the april's fool joke
Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Billie, you crack me up with your cooking--and of course I cook just like you do. There's a cookbook "She Cooks by Ear" and it had nothing on the tweakers here at LCF!! Anyhoo, I'm going to try the pudding without protein powder. . .soon. I have gotten in the habit of using pro pwder and eating whatever as a meal replacement. . .

This thread has a few twists and turns, doesn't it???

Janie
Janie, It is funny, cuz I can remember when I couldn't deviate 1 iota from a recipe!!! Had to have a recipe to cook anything!!! Thru the years I've gotten braver you might say, and did a little "by ear" cooking. But I've really gotten into to it more since I started low carb!!! I've gotten to be quite the tweaker these days.
Pro powder?

Yes, it has definitely taken some twists & turns!

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 04-01-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

The coconut flour/gluc pound cake came out great. Lovely texture and taste. I added lemon extract, lemon juice (instead of water), sweetener, and used ricotta cheese. I'll be making this again.

Just tried to make a gluc pudding with almond milk, water, vanilla, sweetener, and gluc. I stirred it like crazy and shook the mason jar but it still seemed very thin as I put it in the fridge. Will it thicken? I used 1 tsp gluc per cup of liquid. Guess I'll see tonight!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear the results of your pound cake Shunsweets! Personally I'm not a huge lemon fan. Don't really dislike lemon, but not extremely fond of it/them either. I usually exchange out lemon juice/flavoring for vanilla. LOL But that's just me. (Even cheesecake, lemon in a cheesecake ruins it for me, and I love cheesecake!) Anyway....... Glad to hear it came out good. I usually don't have ricotta on hand. Wonder what would be a good sub for that, and work well? Personally I kinda think the other cheeses would work pretty well. The texture of the bread that I made isn't too off. Hmmmm.....

As for the pudding, I would think that is should set up fairly thick in the fridge. IF you got the gluc mixed well. Not sure about shaking it up, whether it got mixed in well. Hope it did! I've used 3/4 tsp Gluc pwd in about a cup of liquid several times, blended in a blender (I can use a "mason" jar with my blender, and that is what I use to blend mine) and it came out soft set pudding. Almond milk & water is usually what I used. Sometimes, almond milk, coconut milk (the kind in the box), & water. Plus the flavorings & sweetener (sometimes add protein pwd & or cocoa).
Old 04-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Well I guess I need a blender for the gluc pudding LOL. I have a large glump of solid gluc floating in flavored almond milk. It actually doesn't taste bad but definitely not pudding!

Today I made the cheese bread with ricotta (I'm trying to use it up!) and added cinnamon and a couple drops of EZsweet and it came out much like a cinnamon roll. Perfect for breakfast.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

reply to shunsweets & Glucomannon Coconut Bread WARNING!!!

Quote:
Well I guess I need a blender for the gluc pudding LOL. I have a large glump of solid gluc floating in flavored almond milk. It actually doesn't taste bad but definitely not pudding!................
I'm so sorry to hear that, but that is what I was afraid of. Blender, magic bullet, even a mixer would work.

A warning about the bread. If you don't think you'll eat it all within just a few days, put it in the fridge!!! I just went to slice myself some of my bread, and it was spoiled!!! YUCK!!! Not just molded like some of the low carb stuff gets, but actually spoiled!!!! And all that good bread, and ingredients wasted. I should have know to put it in the fridge!

Last edited by crazywoman-n-wy; 04-02-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Excellent shunsweets!!!! Glad to hear it.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
Marcea, thanks for the info on not beating the batter too long after adding the Gluc pwd. I beat mine quite a bit!!! I may cut back just a tad more on the coconut flour, to keep more oat fiber in it tho, and cut back a tad on the "flours" next time, and see how it turns out.
I've got to try those "brownies"!!! I'll remember not to beat too long after adding the Gluc.

Here is the recipe I've been using for the coconut oil Chocolate bark (I tweaked someone elses basic recipe):

Chocolate Bark

1/2 cup Coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup sweetener blend (recipe follows, but use whatever sweetener you prefer to taste)
2 TBsp Oat Fiber (I tried more, and this is what I found best, could use less if you prefer)
1 TBsp sesame seeds (optional)
1/2 tsp Kelp pwd (very optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp Vanilla DaVinci (again optional, and to taste if used)
Glucomannan powder (hmmmm I don't seem to have written that down. And I'm sorry, but I can't really remember. 1/4 tsp maybe up to 1 tsp?)

Powdered Sweetener Blend

1/8 c Erythritol
1/8 cup Xylitol
1 pkg Sweet One
1/4 tsp Stevia (pure extract)

Put all in blender jar/container & blend well into a powder.

Like I said, use your favorite sweetener for this. Because of the synergy & the fact it fluffs when powdered, the 1/4 of this sweetener is equal to more than 1/4 sweetening.
You might want to add a dash of salt to this bark too, especially if you leave out the Kelp. I think I've actually been adding just a dash or so (tiny pinch).

You may call me Billie or Crazy Woman either one! Either is fine with me. Nice ta meet you too Marcea, and glad we can share ideas!!!
Take Care & God Bless,
crazywoman/Billie
AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh Billie - Thanks so much for the Chocolate Bark Recipe - I'm in love.

I'm enjoying the heck out of it, at least When I can get it away from my husband. It tastes alot like nestle crunch bars and I haven't had one of those in forever. . I'm allergic to so blasted much that I rarely eat anything out of a package unless the ingredient list is very, very short and it's all natural!!! Also, I want to thank-you for the powdered sweetner blend. I've played with that and never really been happy with it. I used Splenda in the brownies, but I often use somekind of a mix - just haven't been all that happy with the taste - Next time, I'll try your sweetner with the Brownies. Yum Yum Yum. Oh - and I used 1/2 tsp of Glucomannan. Maybe I'll add less next time 'cause I think the bark should probably be harder so it will "crack" or break better.