Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2002, 06:32 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JazzyV
Stats: 265.5/243.5/185
WOE: Low Carb/Weight Watchers
Holiday Cookie Challenge

Quote:
Originally posted by JosieL:
Hi everyone, I would just love to put together a low carb cookie platter for the holidays. However, it would be nice if they tasted good! I have tried so many recipes that were kaka! I'm tired of being disappointed.

I'm hoping some of you will share some tried and tested recipes to make my holiday dream come true?

The one recipe I made that was delicious, were these macaroons. They were easy, had a nice texture and flavor and they froze extremely well. Here's a start to my platter.

Coconut Macaroon Snowballs

4 egg whites
1 1/4 cups Splenda
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup Atkins Bake Mix
1/4 cup almonds - finely chopped (optional)

Lightly grease baking sheet.
Beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar until medium peaks form.
Gradually add Splenda.
Toss together Atkins Bake Mix, salt and coconut, and fold them into the egg white mixture.
Form into 1 inch balls and roll in unsweetened coconut.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
Cookies will be slightly golden.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for easy removal.

Thanks in advance.
Josie

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2002, 06:33 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Old Fashioned "Sugar" Cookies

Quote:
Originally posted by shawneesioux:
easy to make: change the flavor by varying the extract (maple, almond, whatever)..add chopped nuts..
I don't have Keto, so I have used Brown Sugar Twin and cinnamon "dusting" on ones made with Maple extract. I also add in a pinch of salt to the cookie dough.
Shawnee

Old Fashioned "Sugar" Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon butter flavored extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter, softened
Keto Sweet granulated sweetener [optional]

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix almond flour with Splenda, sifting until well mixed. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg and then mix well with extracts and softened butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix really well.

Form dough into 24 small balls and space evenly on two ungreased cookie sheets (most cookie sheets will hold 12 cookies - 4 rows of three - very evenly.) Press moderately to flatten to a silver-dollar pancake size. If you choose, sprinkle liberally with granulated Keto Sweet, just as you would traditional "sugar" cookies. Bake for approximately 8 minutes at 350°. They will slide right off the cookie sheet. Cool 5 minutes before eating.
Makes 24 cookies. 2 carbs per cookie. (without nuts)
Old 06-30-2002, 06:36 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Quote:
Originally posted by sapphyretwins:
This recipe is actually good!!

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 1/4 cups almond flour -- or other nut flour
1 cup plain protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
14 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 cups splenda granular
4 bars dark chocolate -- sugar free

Combine almond or hazelnut "flour" with whey protein, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside. Melt and than cool butter in large bowl, add oil. (You don't want steaming butter). Set aside. Mix egg, egg whites and vanilla in another bowl. Set aside.

Chop up or smash all 4 Carbolite bars. The dark chocolate definately works the best and has the least carbs - 0 after fiber has been deducted. Add Splenda to the butter/oil and stir well. Now add egg mixture and whisk or stir briskly. Add dry mixture and mix well. Lastly, add chocolate chunks and stir together until incorporated. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and drop dough by large spoonfuls.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

NOTES : Makes 32 very large cookies at 1.4 effective carbs each.

Connies Notes: I used ground Pecans (pecan meal) for my ground nuts. Vanilla Whey Designer Protein, Olive oil is all I had, and 2 Carbolite bar rather than 4. Four bars would definitely be better but 2 was sufficient in adding the choc flavor and chunks. I just shaved off some of it and chopped some with the knife and tossed in.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:39 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Quote:
Originally posted by GGJJ:
Love this thread! I always keep cookies on hand for the holidays. This is the time of year when friends and family drop by, sometimes totally unannounced. It's pretty cool to be able to put out a tray of homemade cookies and spiced apple cider (I keep a jug of this made up in the frig and run it through the coffee pot to warm up). I've also found me a SF spiced apple cider mix.

Here's one that I like. The cookies are delicious but very light & a little fragile.

1 cup sf peanut butter
1 cup splenda granulated
1 egg

Mix together. Pour some more splenda granulated in a small bowl. Roll mixture into big marble size balls, roll into splenda, and lay on ungreased cookie sheet. Take fork (also dipped in splenda to keep from sticking) and mash down ball - first in one direction then the other to make a criss-cross pattern on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins. Let cool a few minutes before removing with a spatula. These will harden up a bit while cooling. If you try to remove them to soon they'll fall apart.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:41 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Flax Shortbread Cookies

Quote:
Originally posted by SuzanneT:
Flax Shortbread Cookies

Hi All...just made these today and they were great AND I love using Flax. The variations are endless but the cool part is the texture is right on.

1 cup Flax seeds [then grind to fine powder]
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup protein powder [I use whey powder]
Grind together in food processor

Beat the following:
1 cube butter
3+ Tablespoons Splenda
3 Tsps Stevia Plus [I love this sweetner]
1 egg
1 Tblspoon extract [vanilla,almond or both]

Add the flour mixture and beat until thick and a bit crumbly. Press mixture onto cookie tin or into shortbread pan [not real thin...like 1/2 inch thick]

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

These are flaky and satisfy my shortbread cravings this time of year.

[PS: I think this would be an awesome peanut butter cookie too....pls post real variations you have tried.]

Happy Low Carb Holidays to All
Suzanne
Old 06-30-2002, 06:43 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Peanut Butter Balls

Quote:
Originally posted by TrishC:
I got this recipe somewhere but not sure who to credit. This is more like like candy than cookies, but very holiday like.

Peanut Butter Balls

3/4 c Peanut Butter

Place in Freezer for least a half hour. Remove and roll into balls (about the size of whoppers. This is messy. Return balls to freezer while making the chocolate.

Chocolate Coating
1 1/2 ounces baking chocolate
3 Tablespoons butter
5 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup splenda

Melt chocolate and butter together over low heat. Remove from heat. Add cream, vanilla, and splenda. Take balls from freezer and dip into chocolate until well coated. Place on wax paper. Return to freezer and chill at least 30 minutes. Store in ziplock bag in freezer. Makes about 40 balls at 1g per ball.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:45 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Ginger Snaps

Quote:
Originally posted by shawneesioux:
YAHOO ! I'M IN LOVE with these Ginger Snaps
I did not have enough Almonds for 2 C. of flour, so I ground hazelnuts for the second cup...YUM!

Recipe says 20-24 at one carb each...
I actually got 18 big flat 3" cookies (they really spread!)...but the total for this recipe has to be a dab over 50 effective carbs, so divide accordingly...

Also, I baked them one level above center for 30 minutes @ 300* to crisp them like "snaps"...
THIS ONE is a KEEPER at my house...

Ginger Snaps

Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour (***or 1 C. Almond, 1 C.Hazelnut)
1/4 lb (1 stick) softened butter
1/2 cup granular Splenda
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon sugarfree vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300°F.

Cream butter with Splenda and Brown Sugar Twin in a large bowl. Add water and spices and mix well. Gradually add almond flour and mix to a stiff dough. Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet at least 1" apart.(***try 2-3" apart!)

Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes.(*** 30 for crisp) After five minutes in oven, press cookies down with a fork in a criss-cross manner. Continue baking, being careful not to burn and adjusting time for your oven.

Makes 20 - 24 cookies. Approximately 1 carb per cookie. (***I got 18...and think its almost 3 ecc per cookie)

****this message is an hour later, after they have really cooled...and I can get a TRUE taste....very SWEET ! I will cut the Splenda down to 1/4 Cup on the next batch.
Shawnee
Old 06-30-2002, 06:55 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Various Cookie Recipes

Quote:
Originally posted by maisyph:
I just came across these cookie and candy recipes on another mailing list, where they were posted by Kimberly P. (thank you!) - I have not tried any of them but I thought you all might enjoy:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Drops

Ingredients:
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2 Tbs butter
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta
12 packets equal
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Melt the first 3 ingredients in a bowl in the microwave. Stir well to combine. Add the remaining ingredients, stir again and drop by the tablespoon on waxed paper.. you should have 12. Chill until firm.. at least 1 hour.. and keep in the refrigerator.
12 servings
per serving Protein: 2.8g fat: 5.3g Carbs: 2g

Belinda's Chocolate Coconut Yummies

2 1/2 cup Splenda
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk (1/4 c cream + 1/4 c water)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

Mix Splenda, cocoa, margarine and milk in saucepan. Bring to a boil (stir constantly). Boil for EXACTLY one minute (do not overcook). Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. When peanut butter is evenly spread throughout mixture, add the coconut. Stir to coat evenly. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator. Enjoy!

Peppermint Patties

1 package of unsweetened gelatin powder
soften in about 3 tablespoons boiling water, then add to blender (it is not a critical ingredient it merely adds stability to prevent quick melting.You could skip it if you like.)

Blend one cup cream (any type)
3 drops peppermint flavor
1 OZ CREAM CHEESE
1 0z unsweetened chocolate melted
approx 8-12 packs sweetener
Approx 1/2 tsp vanilla.

I mix in a blender for ease of blending everything together then chill for 10 minutes or so and spoon silver dollar size patties onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet ...FREEZE ( makes ABOUT 20) PACK IN AN AIR TIGHT BAGGIE OR TIN store in freezer

Ginger Snaps

2 cups almond flour
1/4 lb (1 stick) softened butter
1/2 cup granular Splenda
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon sugarfree vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300?F. Cream butter with Splenda and Brown Sugar Twin in a large bowl. Add water and spices and mix well. Gradually add almond flour and mix to a stiff dough. Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet at least 1" apart. Bake at 300?F for 20 minutes. After five minutes in oven, press cookies down with a fork in a criss-cross manner. Continue baking, being careful not to burn and adjusting time for your oven. Makes 20-24 cookies. Approximately 1 carb per cookie.

Cinnamon Walnut Chews

1 stick (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar Twin OR 1/2 cup Splenda
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Atkins bake mix
1 1/2teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons seltzer water
1 cup lowcarb (Splenda Sweetened Darrel Lea) chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts

Preheat oven to 375?F. Beat butter until fluffy. Beat in sweeteners, egg and vanilla. In second bowl, combine bake mix, salt and half of cinnamon. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Add sour cream and seltzer. Stir in walnuts. Place by teaspoon, 1" apart on non-stick baking sheets. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake at 375?F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden and slightly firm. Cool. Makes 20-24 cookies. Approx. 2 carbs per cookie.

Snickerdoodles

1 3/4 cups soya flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups Splenda
2 eggs
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping Mixture Ingredients:
1/4 cup Splenda
1 Tbs cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350?F. Sift together the flours, cream of tartar, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and salt. Set aside. With a hand held mixer or the bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and Splenda for 3minutes. The color should lighten noticeably. Add the eggs one at a time and blend one minute after each is added.

Stop and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl at any time during this process when necessary to mix thoroughly. Blend in the flour mixture in 3 parts, mixing at least 20 seconds after each addition.

For the topping: Mix together the 1/4 cup Splenda and 1 Tbs cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a fork or a wire whisk, blend well to evenly combine the two.

Roll the cookie dough into walnut size balls and drop into the topping mixture roll to coat the cookie and place at least one inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Makes 30 cookies. Approx. 1.5 carbs per cookie.

Pecan Chocolate Treats

2 1/2 cups Splenda
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
2 cups pecan pieces

Mix Splenda, cocoa, butter, cream and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes (do not overcook). Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
When peanut butter is evenly spread throughout mixture, add pecan pieces. Stir to coat evenly.

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator. (Once chilled and "set", you can lift these from the waxed paper and place the entire batch in Tupperware and keep in fridge.)
Makes 15-20 treats. 3-4 carbs per treat.

Inside Out Almond Joy Balls

2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp almond butter
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
2 Tbsp Equal spoonful
3 pkt Sweet N Low
1 cup finely chopped almonds,
frozen unsweetened coconut

Melt chocolate and butter carefully in the microwave. Stir in almond butter and set aside. Mix together the cream and vanilla ex tract. Add sweetener to cream mixture and stir till dissolved. Add to chocolate mixture Stir in chopped frozen almonds.
Scoop a bit of the chocolate mixture with a teaspoon. Drop mixture into bowl of coconut. Roll chocolate in coconut, forming a ball as you coat it with coconut. Chill till serving.

Makes 30 small balls or 24 larger ones.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:02 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Zucchini Bread with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting

Quote:
Originally posted by flyingmonkey:
These all sound wonderful!

This isn't technically a cookie, but they're really good. I bake Annie's zucchini bread in mini-muffin tins and frost with cream cheese frosting with the zest of 1 orange added and 1/2 - 1 tsp. (to taste) orange extract. I like to pipe the frosting onto the muffins using a pastry bag with a large swirl tip.

Adapted from Annie's Famous Zucchini Bread
From LowCarbFriends.com Low-carb recipe help & suggestions bulletin board

Original recipe:
1/2 c. vital wheat gluten
1/4 c. plain whey protein powder
1/4 c. flax meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c. oil
2 large or jumbo eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
19 packets Splenda (or 3/4 c. & 2 tsp granulated Splenda)
1 c. grated zucchini
1/3 c. chopped walnuts

1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2.Sift first 7 ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla & Splenda together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into a 3x6 greased loaf pan (about 3/4 full).
4. Bake for 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.
Makes one 3x6 loaf (and I had a little batter left over so I put that in a mini 2x4 loaf pan I have-very cute).

Notes:
1. I estimate this at about 1300 calories and 35 carbs (entire recipe count).
2. Grind 2 Tablespoons whole flax seeds to make 1/4 cup flax meal. I definitely recommend using a coffee grinder for this, as it makes beautiful flour.
3. I used Biochem's Whey protein powder-it's really good for baking.
4. I use Hodgeson Mill brand vital wheat gluten, which has 16 carbs per cup (minus fiber).
5. Feel free to double or triple this recipe, but DO NOT use bigger loaf pans. Zucchini bread gets soggy if you use too big of a loaf pan.
6. This is a lightly sweet zucchini bread. If you like yours sweeter, add more Splenda, but make sure you add the carbs.
7. I was thinking you could make this into Chocolate Zucchini Bread if you add unsweetened cocoa and extra Splenda (again, add the carbs).
8. This vanished the first day I made it, but I'm sure it would freeze well if you have leftovers.

Flyingmonkey's notes:

I used 20 packets of Splenda and baked the batter in greased mini-muffin pans for 12-15 minutes at 350. Yield: 24 muffins

Orange cream cheese frosting:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
zest of 1 orange
6 packets Splenda (or to taste)
2 T. cream
2 T. orange juice (use 1 tsp. orange extract if you don’t want to use the juice)

Mix well and spread on cooled muffins.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:16 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Quote:
Originally posted by SeaMist:
Here’s a variation on the Peanut Butter Cookie recipe.

1 cup no sugar added peanut butter
1 cup splenda or equivalent sweetener (I used 24 packets of Equal)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together in a bowl with a mixer. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball, place on greased cookie sheet. Mash with fork in a criss cross pattern ( I didn’t need to use extra sweetener for this my dough wasn’t sticky) and bake for 10 minutes at 350.

I thought they were pretty good. They had a great peanut taste but they were very crumbly. They’d go great as a snack with a cup of decaf coffee!!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:18 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Chocolate Meringue Kisses

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishtar:
Here's a recipe I fished out of the 1946 edition of Joy of Cooking. I tweaked it just a little by substituting Splenda for the sugar, and it came out dandy!

CHOCOLATE MERINGUE KISSES

4 egg whites
1 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. cream of tartar
1 c. Splenda
3 T. unsweetened cocoa

Preheat oven to 225. Put baking parchment on a cookie sheet.

Beat egg whites until foamy. Add vanilla extract a few drops at a time and cream of tartar. Beat until meringue starts to look creamy and forms soft peaks. Add in Splenda a little at a time. Add in cocoa a little at a time.

Put meringue on parchment paper cookie sheet by spoonfuls. (You can use a pastry bag and pipe them into cones like Hershey kisses, or flower shapes if you're good with that kind of thing.) Bake at 225 for one hour. Turn off oven, open oven door a crack, and allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool away from drafts. Remove from parchment paper when cool.

Carb count for total recipe: 28.7 g. Number of cookies varies; mine came out kind of big cause I got careless with the spoon, but you could get 24 or so easily.

You could also do these, I think, with daVinci flavored syrups and a little food coloring if desired. Then maybe sprinkle a little granulated Splenda on the top for that sugar "sparkle." I remember my mother making mint-flavored green meringues piped out to look like little christmas trees, then sprinkled with those multi-color sprinkles for "ornaments." Way cute.

If you make smaller meringues, don't bake them quite as long, or they will be overdry and fracture easily.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:21 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Double Decker Cream Cheese Fudge

Quote:
Double Decker Cream Cheese Fudge

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
splenda to taste
cocoa powder (Dry Hershey type)
SF peanut butter

Take 4 oz of cream cheese, 1/2 t vanilla, splenda to taste and cocoa to taste (start with 1 rounded teaspoon-add as much as you like) . Stir together until smooth. (Taste test to see if sweet enough or chocolatey enough. Add as desired.) Spread thinly on a plate covered in tin foil & freeze solid.

Then take 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 t vanilla, splenda to taste and SF peanut butter to taste. (start with 1 rounded teaspoon-add as much as you like) . Stir together until smooth. (Taste test to see if sweet enough or peanutty enough. Add as desired.)

Spread the pb fudge on top of the frozen choc fudge. Freeze or chill in fridge as desired. Peel off foil & cut into small squares to keep carb count low. I like to store mine in ziplock bags in freezer and you can eat it right out of freezer or place in fridge to soften. This makes a small batch but easy to double or triple as desired. That's it-my invention-Double Decker Fudge. Hope you like it!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:25 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Peanut Butter Cups

Quote:
I'm adding the famous Chrystee Peanut Butter Cups for the newbies that may have not heard about them yet.

1 stick unsalted butter
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate or 1 Tbsp Dry Hershey style Cocoa
1/3 cup Splenda (10 pkts will be smoother)
1 tablespoon half and half -- or cream
4 tablespoons peanutbutter
chopped walnuts (or other nuts)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in microwave. Stir in half & half or cream and peanut butter. Line 10 mini-muffin tins with mini cupcake papers. Place nuts in bottoms of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture evenly between the 10 tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:32 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewy Coconut Macaroons

Quote:
Hi everyone!

The first recipe I posted here was the Macaroon Snowballs. They are great but have a more cakelike texture. I have found a macaroon that is much more like a real macaroon. So wonderful! Smokies Lil put this one together (elsewhere on this board) and it is fabulous and easier to make. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it on this thread. They are just too good to not spread the love!

Chewy Coconut Macaroons

1/3 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup Splenda
1 tablespoon butter - melted
2 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)

Blend together almond flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Beat together eggs, vanilla, and almond extract in bowl until foamy, then gradually beat in sugar.
Add butter.

Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix well,
Fold in coconut.

Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.

Carb count for recipe is 36g for entire recipe after fiber deductions. Makes 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Josie

Last edited by JazzyV; 06-30-2002 at 07:35 AM..
Old 06-30-2002, 07:34 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

I Can't Believe It's Not Fudge

Quote:
I just have to post this one for historical purposes. It is so darn good and a great texture. Much better than others I've tried.

I Can't Believe It's Not Fudge

2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/3 cup full fat ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 tablespoon of almond Da Vinci syrup (optional)

Melt the butter in microwave and add cocoa.
Blend in the ricotta cheese, vanilla, Splenda, and protein powder.
Stir in toasted almonds.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
Place in freezer for 1-2 hours until set.

Josie
Old 09-29-2002, 04:12 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ketchum68
Stats: 190/177/135
WOE: Low carb
I was told to post this here

Pinwheel Cookies!
Fresh off the Atkins site! Don't they sound good!

Pinwheel Cookies

This recipe features an easy cream cheese dough wrapped around a delicious chocolatey-nut filling. These easy "rolled" cookies are slice and bake fun.

Dough
1 cup Atkins Bake Mix
4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 packets sugar substitute

Filling
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Heat oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil; set aside. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on low, beat bake mix, cream cheese, butter, sour cream and sugar substitute until well combined. Form dough into a rectangle, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. While dough is chilling, combine walnuts, chocolate chips and cinnamon.
3. Roll dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to a rectangle measuring 10” x 14”. Remove top layer of plastic wrap. Sprinkle filling evenly over dough, leaving a ½” border. Roll dough up jelly roll style, beginning with the long side and using bottom sheet of plastic wrap to help roll the dough into a cylinder. With a sharp knife, cut roll into ½” slices.
4. Arrange slices on prepared sheets. Bake 17 minutes, or until lightly golden and set.

Carbohydrates: 3 grams

Net Carbs: 2.5 grams

Fiber: 0.5 grams

Protein: 6.5 grams

Fat: 5 grams

Calories: 66
Old 11-19-2002, 05:16 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brennyS
This recipe is from Didi on low carb planet's bb. It was featured in Low carb Luxury's newsletter. It is also suggested that you can use this as a pie crust. Just mix and press into your pie pan. Enjoy!
Sunshine Cookies

1 c butter
3/4 c. splenda
2 egg yolks
1/4 c Half & half
2.5 c Almond flour
3/4 c Eas Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder
3/4 c Vital Wheat Gluten
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2.5 tsp. Orange extract (or flavoring of choice)
1.5 tsp. Orange rind (I used bottled) or not
*1 egg for egg wash*

Preheat oven to 350
In a small bowl combine the almond flour, the wheat gluten, the protein powder and the baking powder. Stir till thoroughly combined.

In a separate larger bowl, combine the softened butter w/ the splenda using mixer, and beat well. Add the egg yolks one at a time, till creamy. Add the extracts, and the orange rind if using, followed by the half & half. Once the mixture is creamy and well beaten, slowly start adding the flour mixture. *The dough will be "soft" but def. workable*. Using a T. measure, scoop out the dough and work it into any shape you want. I used a flat cookie shape w/ a cross representing "Easter", place on greased cookie sheet, and brush with the egg wash.

Bake for 15-17 minutes till golden.

Yield 48 cookies
Total carbs: 1.6 each
Old 11-30-2002, 02:54 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Time to add some more recipes!

Halvah Balls
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup ground flax
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup protein powder (I used my plain soy isolate)
1/4 cup ground pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup maltitol syrup (I used a mix of the Steel's vanilla and honey--slightly more of the vanilla than the honey; original recipe called for maple syrup or rice syrup)Roll into balls the size of small walnuts, and chill and store in the refrigerator. (I am thinking of pressing it into a small container and cutting into pieces, next time.)I got 25 balls. Total 31.6g in entire recipe (not counting maltitol; not sure how to count that), or 1.26g/eachEdited by: Marjorie1361 at: 5/6/02 9:19:49 am (Edit: BTW, I should mention that the original recipe came from the May edition of Delicious magazine, which I get for free in the HF store. Other than the maple or rice syrup it called for, it was just perfect for LC!
Copied from Low Carb Planet

Last edited by brennyS; 11-30-2002 at 03:10 AM..
Old 11-30-2002, 03:03 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Pecan cookies
1 cup almond flour 1 tsp. Soda
¼ tsp. Sucrulose LEVEL! ½ tsp nutmeg or to taste
2 slices swiss cheese toren up (Used long slices of Kraft swiss cheese)Whiz all in food processer until pieces of cheese disapear
ADD:
1 tsp. Lemon juice 1 egg
2 tsp. Log Cabin SF syrup (sucrulose sweetened)
2 tsp. Vanilla extract 1 cup toasted pecans
Whiz until ball forms and pecans are chopped but not invisible…
(If ball won’t form ..add more almond flour, if too wet…if too dry, add more lemon juice or even a touch of cream.)
Place a big sheet of plastic wrap on the ball of dough and roll out on a Teflon sheet or on a Sil Pat. or.grease a sheet of parchment paper. Roll out fairly thin…Score the dough into size of “cookies” that you like.Bake for 20-30 min. at 350...cool on cake racks.PS…The cheese holds the cookies together and can’t not be tasted. It adds to the crispness too.The ¼ tsp of pure sucrulose is equal to 1 ½ cups reg. Splenda for my taste.The lemon juice is the acid that acts with the soda to make the cookies rise better.The flavorings can be changed to any that you desire.
Copied from Low Carb Planet

Last edited by brennyS; 11-30-2002 at 03:08 AM..
Old 12-07-2002, 04:16 AM   #20
Emerald

Gallery: Emerald
Chewey Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Chewey Chocolate Brownie Cookies

1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
2 1/4 sticks Butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups Splenda or other Sugar Sub.
1/2 cup chocolate syrup (Da Vinci or Torani)
3/4 cup Cocoa
4 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup sf Chocolate Chips (optional)

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingrediates separately

When mixed well, blend together

Place approx. 1 tbl of mixture per cookie on cookie sheet

Bake in 350 deg preheated oven for 18-20 minutes

Can be iced with the following Hersheys Chocolate Icing

Icing

6 tbl melted butter
2 cup powdered Maltitol
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp Vanilla
4 tbl half & Half

blend butter, maltitol and vanilla
blend in cocoa and H&H

makes about 3 dozen cookies or if you prefer 16 cupcakes

Cookies approx 1 carb
cupcakes approx 5 carbs

Last edited by Emerald; 05-11-2003 at 09:16 AM..

Old 12-20-2002, 11:12 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: roro
Stats: 206/190/125
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12-29-2000, restart 12/30/13
Re: Peanut Butter Balls

Quote:
Originally posted by JazzyV
I make the filling different. I mix a stick of butter, softened, with an 18 oz jar of PB and sweetener. I blend that and then add protein powder (I use vitamin shoppe brand whey enhanced vanilla flavor unsweetened protein powder, it has a nutty flavor, really good) I added two big scoops. I mix that up, then refrigerate for a few hours. It is much easier to roll and taste like the filling in a reeses PB cup. I will use your recipe for the chocolate, that sounds good. I used unsweetened bakers chocolate and added some sweetener and wax, and it was grainy. A little wax makes it shiny on the outside.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: NorthernNisse
Stats: 234/180/180 5'7.5"
WOE: Atkins '72
*****Five star review from Livin' La Vida Low Carb website.
These are pretty darn wonderful. Great texture!

Chewy Chocolate Brownies

1 1/4 cup Splenda
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter softened
3 squares unsweetened chocolate - melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons whey protein powder
2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Lightly grease square baking pan
Combine Splenda, sour cream, eggs, butter, melted chocolate and vanilla. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
Add flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Beat at low speed until well blended.
Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan .
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool completely.

Josie

Last edited by NorthernNisse; 01-12-2003 at 11:55 AM..
Old 01-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: NorthernNisse
Stats: 234/180/180 5'7.5"
WOE: Atkins '72
Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Drops

Servings:**36
Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Drops

Drop cookies are the easiest type of cookie to make. Keep a batch of frozen dough in the freezer.

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
10 packets sugar substitute
1 egg
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 cup Atkins Bake Mix
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1. Heat oven to 325º F. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar substitute until fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Beat in bake mix and cocoa powder. Mix in pecans with a spoon.
2. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake 14 minutes, until set. Cool on sheets 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Josie

Last edited by NorthernNisse; 01-23-2003 at 02:54 PM..
Old 02-13-2003, 02:05 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrammaPJ
Lemony Butter Cookies

I am so Dang excited! These are terrific...I revamped a recipe, ran it thru MasterCook...and using locarbmans' figures for the effectual carb count of almond flour...Each cookie is only .32 usuable carbs!

1 stick butter, softened
1/3 cup DiabetiSweet (no carbs as it is Isomalt)
2 eggs
3/8 cup Atkins Baking Mix
3/8 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Stir butter and DiabetiSweet together well...and I just added the rest stirred well. Put in fridge about 15 minutes...As it is a soft cookie dough.

Then, using my pampered chef cookie baller...I dropped 27 lemon cookies out onto a parchment covered baking sheet.

Baked them in a 350 Degree over for 9 minutes...letting them cool upon the sheet.

Total useable carb count for entire batch was only 8.8 carbs! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I saved a ton of Carbs not using Splenda...and not using the 3/4 cup white flour... My husband is WILD about these:-) Ok I hope I got this in the right spot Josie! Thank you for inviting this recipe to yours Christmas cookie List

I believe in Miracles,
John 3:16
Old 11-12-2003, 12:01 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Class&Sass
Stats: I'll be delighted to find comfort in a size 12. :)
WOE: LC all the way!
Start Date: restart Valentine's Day 2004
GrammaPJ, what is DiabetiSweet? I've never seen it nor heard of it before.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #26
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TVernon
Stats: 177/133/130
WOE: Atkins and The Firm
Start Date: Atkins 1998, Firm 1991
I can vouch for the Coconut Macaroon cookies. Everyone who tried them asked for the recipe. My son ate half the batch while I wasn't looking which he never does!
Old 11-30-2003, 06:32 AM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: auntie3
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
Quote:
Originally posted by Class&Sass
GrammaPJ, what is DiabetiSweet? I've never seen it nor heard of it before.
Diabetisweet is a sweetener that can be found at WalMart. I think it's also available at Trader Joes. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the stores in the US. It is made from Isomalt, which is a sugar alcohol. The lovely thing about Diabetisweet is that it will respond in recipes that require crispiness or caramelization, much like sugar does. Unfortunately, it is not available where I live.

HTH

Old 12-18-2003, 04:33 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CMIODOWS
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 11/17/03
Protein powder

Is protein powder the same thing as Atkins Bake Mix?
Old 12-18-2003, 05:40 PM   #29
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: TVernon
Stats: 177/133/130
WOE: Atkins and The Firm
Start Date: Atkins 1998, Firm 1991
No, it isn't. I avoid recipes based on any bake mix because they all contain soy and/or wheat which I cannot eat. There are many recipes which use almond flour with protein powder and I use those. I find it hard to substitute for the bake mix because the supporting ingredients in the recipe don't usually work well for almond flour which is my main ingredient.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CMIODOWS
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: 11/17/03
one more question

One more question and then I can start doing some baking for the holidays. Is maltitol and Diabetisweet the same thing? I am having a heck of a time finding maltitol, but have finally managed to get the Diabetisweet.