Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Recipe Forum Sticky Threads (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/)
-   -   Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/549376-thin-crispy-pizza-crust-easiest-ever-pics-included.html)

NancyElle 04-02-2008 11:51 AM

Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included!

I decided to experiment today.

I've been housebound since an unfortunate allergic reaction to some shea butter moisturizer. (caveat~if you are allergic to tree nuts, DO NOT slather shea butter all over your face, neck and body to combat dry skin). :sick:

Anyway, I don't know if it was the copious amounts of allergy meds I've taken, or the obsession I have with Cleo's recipes, but I had a weird dream about making pizza crust that didn't involve cauliflower, zucchini, shirtake noodles or broccoli. :laugh:

I woke up with this crazy idea and I'll be darned if it didn't work! I still love the veggie pizza crusts, but this was delicious and easy for a change.

Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
Heat oven to 450 degrees
In a bowl thoroughly combine
3 eggs
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
press evenly into Pam sprayed pizza pan or cookie sheet
(this makes one 16 inch pizza crust)
Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)

Here is what your crust looks like after baking
http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/a.jpg

It will completely lift off your cookie sheet. I patted the grease off of it, but that step is optional

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/c_1207160365.jpg

add toppings of your choice

This one has the following toppings~

1/4 cup low carb marinara
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 links Italian sausage (browned and crumbled)
1/4 cup sliced back olives

After adding toppings, run the pizza under the broiler until cheese is melted and toppings are bubbly

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/e_1207160369.jpg

This slices up beautifully and the crust is crispy and thin

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/f_1207160371.jpg

Yes, you can hold it in your hand!

http://www.ssb2.net/users/6082/g_1207160360.jpg

This was super easy to make!

The veggie crusts are much healthier, I'm sure! However, this is a very quick and easy alternative, especially if you want a crisper crust! :up:

Bar10der 04-02-2008 11:53 AM

This looks good. Thanks for posting it.

Thin4me 04-02-2008 11:54 AM

Oh, I am excited! I will be trying this very soon!
Thanks!

I LOVE crispy crust!

luckyduck 04-02-2008 12:58 PM

The concept is similar to the Cheezits cracker recipe (where you microwave cheese on parchment paper and it ends up crispy - very addictive, BTW).

NancyElle 04-02-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyduck (Post 10136787)
The concept is similar to the Cheezits cracker recipe (where you microwave cheese on parchment paper and it ends up crispy - very addictive, BTW).

Yes! The addition of the eggs makes it more "dough" like. It's very good and very easy!:up:

Tylar_Connar 04-02-2008 01:08 PM

sounds/looks yummy. I will take everyones word for it.
I would eat the entire pizza.
Pizza is a major downfall.

wifezilla 04-02-2008 01:09 PM

Yummmm!

Sorry about the shea butter incident. I love that stuff, but I don't have allergies! Hope you are feeling better.

CarolynF 04-02-2008 01:14 PM

Nancy...Wow..That looks super duper and it's going to be my next pizza..:)

LJB 04-02-2008 01:30 PM

Wow, now that looks really good and I don't have to use broccoli or cauliflower as my crust! (I'd rather use it as a topping.):D:up:

RealFoodLiving 04-02-2008 01:57 PM

WOW! LOvely!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to make this for sure!!

mamagiff 04-02-2008 02:11 PM

That looks yummy!

NancyElle 04-02-2008 02:16 PM

:hugs:Thanks everyone for your kind words! Hope you all like it as much as we did!:hugs:

Wifezilla~I'm much better! Let's just say I inadvertantly gave myself a full body chemical peel!:stars::eek: Thanks for being so sweet!

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-02-2008 03:06 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"]Oh, I'm so happy tried this!!!! I've wondered why it couldn't be done without the veggies, but being a non cook, wasn't sure of how to go about trying... It's so simple!!![/COLOR]

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-02-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyElle (Post 10137118)
:hugs:Thanks everyone for your kind words! Hope you all like it as much as we did!:hugs:

Wifezilla~I'm much better! Let's just say I inadvertantly gave myself a full body chemical peel!:stars::eek: Thanks for being so sweet!

[COLOR="Magenta"]Oh gosh.. That hurt I'm sure. I did one to myself at one time.. Glad youre better...:hugs:[/COLOR]

farley109 04-02-2008 03:33 PM

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]:up::up: NICE!! I will be trying this soon!!! [/COLOR]

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 04-02-2008 03:50 PM

My mouth is watering after seeing these pics and this recipe!

Must plan this one for tomorrow!

:up:

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-02-2008 07:28 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"]I have one in the oven right now. I kinda forgot about the crust, when it was in {My usual MO when I cook..:o} so it's not as pretty as NancyElle's, but I'm sure it will be great... [/COLOR]

NancyElle 04-02-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes (Post 10138413)
[COLOR=magenta]I have one in the oven right now. I kinda forgot about the crust, when it was in {My usual MO when I cook..:o} so it's not as pretty as NancyElle's, but I'm sure it will be great... [/COLOR]

I just made another one, too! My hubby is eating this faster than I can make them!

Stacy O 04-02-2008 08:30 PM

Thanks for posting your recipe - I will definitely give this a try; I love thin crust pizza!:)

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-02-2008 09:08 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"]I had one piece and am STUFFED... Hub unit just got home, so he'll be trying it soon... I know he'll like it a lot.. My cheese tho, seems salty, but not enough to keep me from eatingit...:laugh:[/COLOR]

NancyElle 04-02-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes (Post 10138745)
[COLOR=magenta]I had one piece and am STUFFED... Hub unit just got home, so he'll be trying it soon... I know he'll like it a lot.. My cheese tho, seems salty, but not enough to keep me from eatingit...:laugh:[/COLOR]

I'm sure different brands of cheese have different tastes with regard to the salt. My mozzerella is part skim, with a very mild flavor and I mixed it two cups to one cup of sharp cheddar.

My husband loves this crust! He ate it with a nice Cabernet Savignon tonight, but said it would be good with an ice cold mug of beer, as well!:D

He prefers it over the veggie crust, but my daughter likes the cauliflower and broccoli better.:dunno:

It sure is easy and makes a great filling meal! One piece is plenty for me!
Also, the leftovers are tremendous....even cold!:cool:

momov2boys 04-03-2008 03:06 AM

Thanks for posting, NancyElle!

I'll be trying it, soon! ;)

Tylar_Connar 04-03-2008 07:44 AM

since this had 3 eggs...is it eggy?? I dont like eggy is why I am asking.
THANks

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-03-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyElle (Post 10138873)
I'm sure different brands of cheese have different tastes with regard to the salt. My mozzerella is part skim, with a very mild flavor and I mixed it two cups to one cup of sharp cheddar.

My husband loves this crust! He ate it with a nice Cabernet Savignon tonight, but said it would be good with an ice cold mug of beer, as well!:D

He prefers it over the veggie crust, but my daughter likes the cauliflower and broccoli better.:dunno:

It sure is easy and makes a great filling meal! One piece is plenty for me!
Also, the leftovers are tremendous....even cold!:cool:

[COLOR="Magenta"]I'm sure you're right on the different brand thing... I boughtthe big bag from Sams, because it was way more, for less, than getting all the smaller bags at the store... Tho, I think I'll try the big bag store stuff the next time, to compare... I went to see if it was part skim {thought they all were?} but the nag went out in the traash. All I have now is the little bags I split and froze..

I only used the mozz too, spaced using the other cheese. That could have been why as well... It never tastes salty when I used it for the cauli crust..

Ahhhhh, more experminting in my future...:laugh:[/COLOR]

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-03-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylar_Connar (Post 10139926)
since this had 3 eggs...is it eggy?? I dont like eggy is why I am asking.
THANks

[COLOR="Magenta"]No eggy taste at all! At least not ot me... I don't like eggy either.. I am not any type of egg fan..[/COLOR]

Tylar_Connar 04-03-2008 09:00 AM

that is awesome...i may try it. i will have to make about a 1/3 of the recipe because I would eat the whole thing....
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes (Post 10140242)
[COLOR="Magenta"]No eggy taste at all! At least not ot me... I don't like eggy either.. I am not any type of egg fan..[/COLOR]

NancyElle 04-03-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylar_Connar (Post 10140317)
that is awesome...i may try it. i will have to make about a 1/3 of the recipe because I would eat the whole thing....

It's so filling, you probably COULDN'T eat the whole thing!;)

For anyone wondering, it's not eggy at all. :clap:

Also, I should have added that I grated my cheese instead of using pre shredded. That could make a difference on the salt factor.:dunno:

DD and I had a piece for breakfast this morning! Very good!!!!:up::D

(I'm having too much fun with thee smileys)

Yummy's_Girl 04-03-2008 10:29 AM

Yummy idea

CarolynF 04-03-2008 10:36 AM

Kiki: I hear ya on the salt issue..Most cheese has 175 grams of sodium per ounce..It is pretty salty. When we add the veggies, it probably dilutes the salt so you don't taste it as much.

Maybe by not adding cheese to the top, we could save on the salt or adding it sparingly..Just have a cheesey bottom instead of a cheesey top..LOLOL..

RockyMtnAngelEyes 04-03-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylar_Connar (Post 10140317)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyElle (Post 10140605)
It's so filling, you probably COULDN'T eat the whole thing!;)

For anyone wondering, it's not eggy at all. :clap:

Also, I should have added that I grated my cheese instead of using pre shredded. That could make a difference on the salt factor.:dunno:

DD and I had a piece for breakfast this morning! Very good!!!!:up::D

(I'm having too much fun with thee smileys)

[COLOR="Magenta"]Exactly.. No way could I eat teh whole thing. Mine ended up being the size of a large Pizza Hut, pizza pan. .So huge... I cut it in 8 pieces, and that was plenty. Probably a little more than enough to be honest.. It was like a thin crust pizza..

I just had a piece, nukked, just enough to soften it from the fridge, but not hot, still cold. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm stuffed...

The salt factor didn't seem as bad either.. :dunno:[/COLOR]