Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kissmygrits
Stats: 5' 10"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2006
I tried this by making the original recipe into 10 small circles, put taco meat and sour cream on top once they were done baking, and folding them into "tacos." They were a big hit at my house. Thank you Nancy!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: turtlegirl115
I used this recipe this morning. YUM!!!! Thanks Nancy!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaRae
Stats: 270/252.5/I'll know
Start Date: Restart 11/19/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH View Post
Hi La Rae,

Pizza "Frittata" : Main dishes Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

Here's the link to my Pizza Fritatta creation, with photos. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it! It got me through my weight loss phase with a lot of pizza satisfaction!
Thank you for the recipe! I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to try it very soon!
Sounds wonderful, and I am thinking of adapting it to be to eat on Stillman's QWL. Egg, a little ricotta, Italian seasoning, parmesan and turkey pepperoni. Sounds like a winner!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Tried this and really enjoyed it! So simple and delicious. Thanks, pretty lady!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erin.bo.berin
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/4/08
OMG, this looks amazing. I definitely have to try this this weekend!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erin.bo.berin
Start Date: 6/4/08
Okay, I tried it and I think I undercooked the crust. I followed another poster's suggestion and blended it all in my food processor to get all the eggs and cheese mixed together well. My crust was only crispy on the very edges--I did flip it once, but the edges started to look a little dark and I didn't want them to burn so I took it out. Maybe I will try a cooler oven next time and spread the edges a little thicker. Overall it was a great pizza though--my DH who usually turns his nose up at faux carby food was a fan, so it's a winner in my book!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #217

Gallery: ljh150
I've eaten this the last 3 days for lunch w/ pepperoni, hamburger meat, sour cream, blk olives, green onions, spring mix, and a little ranch on top. It's very yummy! I made 1/3 recipe each day so I can eat the entire thing, built in portion control is good for me. Mine comes out crispy on edges, chewy in the middle.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gypseemommy
Has anyone tried freezing this?

We are notorious for not wanting to cook a big dinner after a hard day, so I was wondering if this could be frozen for those nights when we need a last minute dinner solution.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jacksmixedtape
Stats: 160/140ish, 5'11"
WOE: gluten-free whole foods
Start Date: May 2007
Update: this is fab with 1 tablespoon whey protein powder and 1 tablespoon flax meal per egg and cup of cheese. Gives it the perfect stiffness for hand-held pizza slices!

Thanks again for the knock-out recipe!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #220
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
That's similar to what I do - I add a heaping tablespoon each raw wheat bran and flax meal (to the entire recipe) and a scoop of plain whey protein powder. It makes the crust quite "bread-like" which has DH thrilled!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gungadinn1997
WOE: atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypseemommy View Post
Has anyone tried freezing this?

We are notorious for not wanting to cook a big dinner after a hard day, so I was wondering if this could be frozen for those nights when we need a last minute dinner solution.
I mix up a batch and make 12 of them in my muffin top pans. Keep some out and put some in the freezer, comes out beautiful after thawed.... I don't reheat in the oven usually just nuke it for 25 seconds.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #222
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadinn1997 View Post
I mix up a batch and make 12 of them in my muffin top pans. Keep some out and put some in the freezer, comes out beautiful after thawed.... I don't reheat in the oven usually just nuke it for 25 seconds.
That's clever! So you end up with little Personal Pan size Pizza crusts? Do you make 12 crusts and freeze them, or 12 whole little pizza, and freeze them?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
That's clever! So you end up with little Personal Pan size Pizza crusts? Do you make 12 crusts and freeze them, or 12 whole little pizza, and freeze them?
I do the whole pizza then freeze them! They are about the size of an english muffin pizza, so I usually figure 2 per meal, so bag and fridge 4-6, then stick the rest in the freezer.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #224

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
He Hee! You are genius!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
Quote:
I do the whole pizza then freeze them! They are about the size of an english muffin pizza, so I usually figure 2 per meal, so bag and fridge 4-6, then stick the rest in the freezer.

I'm thinking of doing this. What do you put on them? How high do you stack it?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

I have a rubbermiad container that fits 2 of these side by side, then I just stack them right up and can easily put 6 on each stack, so it will hold all 12, then just peel them apart when I take them out of the freezer and nuke them!

I have done it with bbq sauce, chicken and onion, then regular with mushrooms, some plain for when I have it with a salad... Love them all!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: marymc
Wow. Great tips. Are the muffin top sized crusts also more crisp all the way through? My original 16" recipe was only crispy on the edges. I was thinking that the smaller crusts would be more crispy, like the cheese cracker thing.

Quote:
I have a rubbermiad container that fits 2 of these side by side, then I just stack them right up and can easily put 6 on each stack, so it will hold all 12, then just peel them apart when I take them out of the freezer and nuke them!

I have done it with bbq sauce, chicken and onion, then regular with mushrooms, some plain for when I have it with a salad... Love them all!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Wow. Great tips. Are the muffin top sized crusts also more crisp all the way through? My original 16" recipe was only crispy on the edges. I was thinking that the smaller crusts would be more crispy, like the cheese cracker thing.
Sometimes they are almost *too* crispy! LOL and yes they are all the way through. I also always use 1 1/2 c mozza and 1 1/2 cups cheddar, it seems the more cheddar you use the crisper they are...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my... you really ARE a genius!! And my new best friend!!! Can't wait to try 'em now with my muffin top pan... yippeee! THANKS!

Quote:
Sometimes they are almost *too* crispy! LOL and yes they are all the way through. I also always use 1 1/2 c mozza and 1 1/2 cups cheddar, it seems the more cheddar you use the crisper they are...

Last edited by marymc; 06-12-2008 at 09:04 PM..
Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Me too!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoa Jenna... (sorry total threadjack) you're doing GREAT on your challenge! How'd you dump so much so fast??? Wowzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna... View Post
Me too!!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Whoa Jenna... (sorry total threadjack) you're doing GREAT on your challenge! How'd you dump so much so fast??? Wowzy!
Thanks! I'd been off LC since January so it was a 'clean' start. Doing L/C and watching portions. Nice seeing someone of near age, height and weight.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
ohh I just got a muffin topped pan was gonna make tilipia tomorrow oh well we'll see.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissmygrits View Post
I tried this by making the original recipe into 10 small circles, put taco meat and sour cream on top once they were done baking, and folding them into "tacos." They were a big hit at my house. Thank you Nancy!
Oh, great idea! I'm gonna try tacos too!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Made a taco pizza for dinner last night...YUM!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gosh Angie... that looks soooo good!!! I wanna eat the picture LOL.... Are those the individual sized ones? Your crust looks perfect.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gnossienne
Start Date: April 2008
I ended up making two personal-sized pizza crusts, smeared them with my lowcarb homemade sauce and froze them. Now they're ready to take out at a moments notice, load with toppings and pop into the oven!

Thanks so much for experiementing and sharing!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gosh Angie... that looks soooo good!!! I wanna eat the picture LOL.... Are those the individual sized ones? Your crust looks perfect.
Mary, it was GOOD! Yes, I made an individual sized one, 1/2 cup mozz, 1/2 cup cheddar, one egg. It works out perfectly for me. Although, I ate the whole thing and was pretty full...and I have a really good appetite, lol!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #239

Gallery: Mackenzie
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: Restart 9/13/05
I made a large pizza using this crust a few weeks ago. I froze the leftovers and just reheated them in the oven for my lunch today! It was still excellent!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: froleena
Stats: 148/105
THREADJACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Review - this is EXCELLENT! Perhaps the best LC pizza crust I've tried so far!

Back story - for the past 4 or 5 years, DH and I have gone nearly every Wednesday night to a local restaurant called The Blue Moon. One of my favorite things on the menu was a smoked salmon pizza - they made the crust right there, VERY thin and crisp, in their wood-burning oven. I indulged maybe once every couple of months in that pizza, eating half and bringing half home.

Well, about a month ago, the owner decided to change the restaurant - now it's called Paradiso, we still go there, but they did change the menu and unfortunately one of the things they no longer have is that pizza! So I thought I'd try it at home. This crust was my choice!

I of course had to tweak a bit - so what I did:

3 jumbo eggs
12 oz. bag of Trader Joe's 3 cheese blend (mozzarella, jack, cheddar) (measured out was exactly 3 cups)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. crushed dried basil
2 tblsp. flax meal
1 scoop Designer Whey unflavored protein powder

Mine actually took closer to 20 minutes to bake.

I covered a round pizza pan (I think it's 16") with nonstick foil, evenly spread the "batter" on it and baked til it was good and brown and "poked" a little firm. I let it cool completely because I wanted to make the pizza I used to be able to get at Blue Moon, which wasn't served hot. BOY IT WAS SO FREAKIN' GOOD! Even DH was duly impressed!

What I put on top:

1 lb. cream cheese, softened and mixed with 4 sliced chives, a teaspoon of garlic powder, and the juice of 1/2 a lime, spread evenly over cooled crust
A package of lox (soft-smoked salmon) - not sure what it weighed, maybe 6 oz? Enough to cover the cream cheese 1 layer thick
Very thinly sliced red onion, maybe 3 slices, separated into thin rings
2 small serrano peppers, sliced thin
1 medium avocado, cut into dice
8 ounces shrimp - not as small as salad shrimp, the next size up
Fried capers - take a couple tablespoons of capers, drain on paper towels, blot extra liquid, then fry in a couple tablespoons of olive oil til starting to get a bit browned and crispy when drained on paper towels

It's great with freshly-ground pepper on top! I will never miss Blue Moon pizza again!

Thanks so much for this crust. I'm gonna make another soon with "regular" pizza toppings on it and eat it hot!
I made a variation on this pizza and it was absolutely delicious and visually it is so pretty!

I didn't have any serrano chilies so I put red pepper flakes in the cream cheese mixture. I left off the shrimp and sliced (not diced) the avocado. I also put it on my pizza stone to warm it up a bit. I loved the cracked pepper on the top---but I think next time *and there definitely will be a next time* I'm going to drizzle it with truffle oil when it comes out of the oven. Best pizza ever! I had a piece the next morning for breakfast...fried an egg and slapped it on top of the piece...yum!

THANKS CHARSKI!