Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NancyElle
Stats: Fit 5'9 ~ Exercise is the Fountain of Youth~
WOE: Low Carb/Working Out~Power walking~Running
Start Date: everyday~all the time~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
I just made the pizza. I used 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and one cup of cheddar/jack blend and 3 eggs. Instead of the seasonings, I used the McCormick Grinders Italian Seasoning (those little bottles with the grinders on the end). I love those "grinder" spices...we have all of them. I whirred everything in the food processor, and then poured it into my olive oil sprayed stone casserole.

After it baked, I waited about a minute, and it popped right up off of the pan. I had cooked zero-carb sausage and chopped red onions, in a skillet, and sprinkled that on there, Then, I sprinkled chopped black olives and lots of finely shredded mozzarella. It's in the oven, now. It sure does look and smell good.

Now...where is that bottle of Shiraz?

Oh that sounds wonderful! I hope it was as good as it sounds!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyElle View Post
Oh that sounds wonderful! I hope it was as good as it sounds!
Oh, it was FABULOUS! DH is not low-carbing (on his own), but he eats the same thing I eat, when we're both at home. So, he ate this pizza and we BOTH agreed, it's one of the best pizzas we'ver ever had...LC, or otherwise.

The only tweeking I'll do in the future, is to increase the recipe. That Pampered Chef Stoneware Lid is too big for the recipe, as it is. It spread the crust just a little too thin. And, since I piled it high with all of those toppings, we ate it with a fork. I think I'll add another egg and a little more cheese, next time.

Other than that, it's a keeper. I was thinking "Taco Pizza" would be great. I could substitute Picante Sauce for the Marinara, add Ground Beef with Taco Seasoning, chopped red onions, and Taco Cheese, and then after it comes out of the oven, top it with lettuce, tomato, sour cream...even some guacamole...YUMMY!

Thank you for this pizza crust recipe. I am one to make pizza a couple of times a week...I just make them all taste completely different.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
Oh, it was FABULOUS! DH is not low-carbing (on his own), but he eats the same thing I eat, when we're both at home. So, he ate this pizza and we BOTH agreed, it's one of the best pizzas we'ver ever had...LC, or otherwise.

The only tweeking I'll do in the future, is to increase the recipe. That Pampered Chef Stoneware Lid is too big for the recipe, as it is. It spread the crust just a little too thin. And, since I piled it high with all of those toppings, we ate it with a fork. I think I'll add another egg and a little more cheese, next time.

Other than that, it's a keeper. I was thinking "Taco Pizza" would be great. I could substitute Picante Sauce for the Marinara, add Ground Beef with Taco Seasoning, chopped red onions, and Taco Cheese, and then after it comes out of the oven, top it with lettuce, tomato, sour cream...even some guacamole...YUMMY!

Thank you for this pizza crust recipe. I am one to make pizza a couple of times a week...I just make them all taste completely different.
You might try it just combined with your hands, instead of blending with the food processor, and just patting it out. If you do use another egg, you probably need another cup of cheese. Keep tweaking it, til you get it perfect for your needs and pans, etc.! You should be able to hold it in your hand, with no problem!

I am so glad you loved it. I make it all kinds of ways, as well. I've even got a mini recipe that my daughter says tastes exactly like a Taco Bell cheesy gordito crunch. I should post that recipe!

So happy to hear your feedback, sweetheart!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've even got a mini recipe that my daughter says tastes exactly like a Taco Bell cheesy gordito crunch. I should post that recipe!
Please do! I am one of those strange people who LOVE Taco Bell...I just stay away from there.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MzMelissa
Stats: Highest: 434 restart 343/263/180
WOE: wls, low carb
Start Date: Aug 15, 2010
That sounds awesome, I can't wait to try it........

I just tried the wendy's burger on an oopsie tonight the pizza looks just as good.

Boy when you are new you have so much to learn...lol
Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMelissa View Post

I just tried the wendy's burger on an oopsie tonight the pizza looks just as good.

Aw honey!

We're all here to help! All of these recipes help keep us on the straight and narrow! Cleochatra has a TON of them on her blog that are induction friendly. This pizza will work too.

We are all here for you, love!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #187
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMelissa View Post

LOL! Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming - just take it one recipe at a time and don't do what I did - start thinking that you should have LC desserts EVERY night!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
LOL! Yeah, it can be a bit overwhelming - just take it one recipe at a time and don't do what I did - start thinking that you should have LC desserts EVERY night!
I used to be HOPELESSLY addicted to night-time snacking...UNCONTROLLABLE cravings for sweets. I just don't want them, anymore. Last night, that pizza was so filling...I couldn't have eaten another bite of ANYTHING! But, before starting this WOE, I would have had a bowl of ice cream, within 30-minutes of eating that pizza, even if I was stuffed.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #189
Gadget Gal

Gary - not to pat myself on the back, but don't know if you've read this ENTIRE thread - I think you'd like my smoked salmon version of this too, it's on page 3, post #78 I think!

REALLY GOOD with a glass of ever-so-slightly-chilled Hahn Chardonnay....
Old 05-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charski View Post
Gary - not to pat myself on the back, but don't know if you've read this ENTIRE thread - I think you'd like my smoked salmon version of this too, it's on page 3, post #78 I think!

REALLY GOOD with a glass of ever-so-slightly-chilled Hahn Chardonnay....
I'll pat you on the back for your buns, and your cheesy bread and pizza creations.

Why do I find the word "buns" so hiliarious???? Charski's buns even more so......

Anyway, all this talk of wine makes me want a glass now, and it's only 2:15!!!!

Stop!

That means you, too, Mr. Gary!

Last edited by NancyElle; 05-16-2008 at 02:16 PM..
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #191
Gadget Gal

ARE YOU ALL CALLIN' MY BUNZ CHEESY?!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
I made the pizza tonite with 2 c of shredded italian cheeses you buy in a bag . I put spinach and mushrooms on it. It was wonderful!! Next time I will put the spinach in the crust ..hehe a veggie crust. I ate the whole thing dh had a tiny piece and stopped but not me. Need to go look at the calories on the bag. Thanks for sharing this recipe its a yumm!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
I made the pizza tonite with 2 c of shredded italian cheeses you buy in a bag . I put spinach and mushrooms on it. It was wonderful!! Next time I will put the spinach in the crust ..hehe a veggie crust. I ate the whole thing dh had a tiny piece and stopped but not me. Need to go look at the calories on the bag. Thanks for sharing this recipe its a yumm!!!

I'm glad you loved it! Gig em Aggies! I come from a long line of A & M graduates! Your grandson is precious!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LeighDear
OK Nancy, here's my tribute to your genius!

Original recipe, in a cookie sheet....Baked 12 minutes, flipped and baked another 5, then cooled and placed on parchment. About 1/3 cup Ragu pizza sauce spread out. Then I sauteed some sliced onion with some sliced mushrooms & put on the sauce. Crumbled & browned 2 links Italian sausage and pre-cooked sliced pepperoni in the micro. A final sprinkle with 6-cheese Italian shredded and about 8 minutes back in a 400 oven to melt the cheese......

It was AMAZING.....

My dbf had a single word....."Keeper".....*LOL*...His highest praise!

I couldn't agree more!!
Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDear View Post
OK Nancy, here's my tribute to your genius!

Original recipe, in a cookie sheet....Baked 12 minutes, flipped and baked another 5, then cooled and placed on parchment. About 1/3 cup Ragu pizza sauce spread out. Then I sauteed some sliced onion with some sliced mushrooms & put on the sauce. Crumbled & browned 2 links Italian sausage and pre-cooked sliced pepperoni in the micro. A final sprinkle with 6-cheese Italian shredded and about 8 minutes back in a 400 oven to melt the cheese......

It was AMAZING.....

My dbf had a single word....."Keeper".....*LOL*...His highest praise!

I couldn't agree more!!

OMG! That looks beautiful! I am so flattered and humbled with your feedback!

I think flipping it really helps. I do that every time.

Last edited by NancyElle; 05-17-2008 at 07:28 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #196
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Joycelyn
Nancy, thank you so much for this recipe. Kevinpa, I can't use yours because I am sensitive to gluten and your variation has wheat isolate.

Nancy, I am on the hunt for low carb recipes without any wheat derivatives. Thank you thank you thank you! I can't wait to try it!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:56 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joycelyn View Post
Nancy, thank you so much for this recipe. Kevinpa, I can't use yours because I am sensitive to gluten and your variation has wheat isolate.

Nancy, I am on the hunt for low carb recipes without any wheat derivatives. Thank you thank you thank you! I can't wait to try it!

Let us know how it works out, love!

It's very easy and NO GLUTEN! YAY!

Check out Cleochatra's blog as well!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Panda120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May, 2000
We loved the pizza! I didn't get the bottom quite baked enough but even so it was terrific!!! I'll try flipping it next time as you suggest. Non-LC'er DH really enjoyed it, too.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda120 View Post
We loved the pizza! I didn't get the bottom quite baked enough but even so it was terrific!!! I'll try flipping it next time as you suggest. Non-LC'er DH really enjoyed it, too.

Flipping and baking bit longer REALLY helps! It's all trial and error, for ME too! I made one the other day with mozzerella, cheddar jack and some parm.....It was wonderful, and a bit crispier due to the Parm, I think!

So glad you tried it and were happy!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MamaMiaaa1
[COLOR="Blue"]That looks so good. Gonna try and make it tomorrow[/COLOR]
Quote:
I decided to experiment today.

I've been housebound since an unfortunate allergic reaction to some shea butter moisturizer. (caveat~if you are allergic to tree nuts, DO NOT slather shea butter all over your face, neck and body to combat dry skin).

Anyway, I don't know if it was the copious amounts of allergy meds I've taken, or the obsession I have with Cleo's recipes, but I had a weird dream about making pizza crust that didn't involve cauliflower, zucchini, shirtake noodles or broccoli.

I woke up with this crazy idea and I'll be darned if it didn't work! I still love the veggie pizza crusts, but this was delicious and easy for a change.

Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
Heat oven to 450 degrees
In a bowl thoroughly combine
3 eggs
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
press evenly into Pam sprayed pizza pan or cookie sheet
(this makes one 16 inch pizza crust)
Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)

Here is what your crust looks like after baking

It will completely lift off your cookie sheet. I patted the grease off of it, but that step is optional

add toppings of your choice

This one has the following toppings~

1/4 cup low carb marinara
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 links Italian sausage (browned and crumbled)
1/4 cup sliced back olives

After adding toppings, run the pizza under the broiler until cheese is melted and toppings are bubbly

This slices up beautifully and the crust is crispy and thin

Yes, you can hold it in your hand!

This was super easy to make!

The veggie crusts are much healthier, I'm sure! However, this is a very quick and easy alternative, especially if you want a crisper crust!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElleH
Stats: 178/136.5/136.5
WOE: currently PPLP
Start Date: Sept/06, this time. I've been off/on LC since 1995
NancyElle, I had been "saving" this recipe for maintenance and I finally I tried it last weekend. I made a smaller batch (1 egg, 3 ounce mozz, 1 ounce cheddar batch in a 9 inch pan), thinking I'd get 2 meals out of it.

No such luck.

It was so good (and I'm such a PIG) I ate all of it. Whoever said this recipe was "filling" obviously doesn't have MY appetite!

Anyway, since I wanted to try it and evaluate it for it's "crust" possibilities, I topped it with pizza sauce and sauteed mushrooms and onions only. No additional meat or additional cheese. (As suggested by others, I will probably try flipping it next time to try to get it crispier, but I still LOVED IT as it was.)

It was so AWESOME. I won't need to add any cheese to the top...it was PERFECT. AND I can eat an ENTIRE 9-inch pizza WITHOUT guilt or remorse. And not even a consequence, as after eating it, I continued to lose right on back down to my goal weight after a high-carb day a few days before.

I spent my entire weight loss journey eating my creation, a pizza frittata (basically making a pizza on a cooked, thin egg crust), with a lot of satisfaction, but your recipe just took it to perfection and I'll never feel guilty about eating pizza again!

Thank you for this. My Low-Carb life is now complete!

Last edited by ElleH; 05-22-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaRae
Stats: 270/252.5/I'll know
Start Date: Restart 11/19/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH View Post
NancyElle, I had been "saving" this recipe for maintenance and I finally I tried it last weekend. I made a smaller batch (1 egg, 3 ounce mozz, 1 ounce cheddar batch in a 9 inch pan), thinking I'd get 2 meals out of it.

No such luck.

It was so good (and I'm such a PIG) I ate all of it. Whoever said this recipe was "filling" obviously doesn't have MY appetite!

Anyway, since I wanted to try it and evaluate it for it's "crust" possibilities, I topped it with pizza sauce and sauteed mushrooms and onions only. No additional meat or additional cheese. (As suggested by others, I will probably try flipping it next time to try to get it crispier, but I still LOVED IT as it was.)

It was so AWESOME. I won't need to add any cheese to the top...it was PERFECT. AND I can eat an ENTIRE 9-inch pizza WITHOUT guilt or remorse. And not even a consequence, as after eating it, I continued to lose right on back down to my goal weight after a high-carb day a few days before.

I spent my entire weight loss journey eating my creation, a pizza frittata (basically making a pizza on a cooked, thin egg crust), with a lot of satisfaction, but your recipe just took it to perfection and I'll never feel guilty about eating pizza again!

Thank you for this. My Low-Carb life is now complete!
Unfortunately, I have to watch my fat intake. I love the cheese crust, but I don't make it because I will eat too much of it.

May I ask exactly how you made your "egg crust"? Anyway that I can pizza is good for me! I love it and miss it so much!

Thank you!

Last edited by LaRae; 05-23-2008 at 01:10 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSugarGrams
Stats: 178/162/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: June 2004
I posted a tweak that I do if you're interested on this thread...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post10179334

I do it differently as I bake it all together. No need for a second baking IMO.

It is really good.....Enjoy!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaRae
Stats: 270/252.5/I'll know
Start Date: Restart 11/19/12
Thank you! I just printed this and plan to make it tonight!!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSugarGrams
Stats: 178/162/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: June 2004
You are very welcome!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRae View Post
Unfortunately, I have to watch my fat intake. I love the cheese crust, but I don't make it because I will eat too much of it.
I've substituted FF cream cheese (still low carb) for some of the cheese in the various pizza crusts that have been posted in the past few months and had some success. May not have been quite as crispy as the originals, but still quite passable as a pliable pizza crust and significantly less calories/fat.

HTH,

-Retroworx
Old 05-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElleH
Stats: 178/136.5/136.5
WOE: currently PPLP
Start Date: Sept/06, this time. I've been off/on LC since 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRae View Post

May I ask exactly how you made your "egg crust"? Anyway that I can pizza is good for me! I love it and miss it so much!

Thank you!
Hi La Rae,

Pizza "Frittata" : Main dishes Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

Here's the link to my Pizza Fritatta creation, with photos. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it! It got me through my weight loss phase with a lot of pizza satisfaction!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
Oh Yummy!

Nancy, this is my new favorite pizza crust! I made a personal sized one (major portion control problems with pizza) and it is delicious! And so easy! I will be making this one over and over again. Thanks so much for sharing!

I'm not very creative with my toppings. I'm a pizza purist--sauce, pepperoni and cheese and don't bother me with anything else! LOL

Old 05-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mslaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanDreaming View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Nancy, this is my new favorite pizza crust! I made a personal sized one (major portion control problems with pizza) and it is delicious! And so easy! I will be making this one over and over again. Thanks so much for sharing!

What size pan did you use?
Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OceanDreaming
Stats: 250/174/155
I have a Cuisinart "green pan" that is 10 inches. Works great.

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

Last edited by OceanDreaming; 06-01-2008 at 07:23 AM..