Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LovesDivine
Stats: 175/175/145
Start Date: 2/4/2013 (restart again)
I finally made them. They are kinds flat, not sure if I want to slice one in half. I will be bringing 2 to work tomorrow for a sammich!!

I had one right from the oven with butter on top. I really liked it. DH and DS were meh - said they tasted like eggs. Kewl, then maybe they will keep thier hands off. Buggers, they are all over my Fuze...grr.

Anywho, I skipped the splenda and added garlic and onion powder, and some italian herbs. Topped with cheddar when there was 3 minutes left. This is a keeper, thanks again Cleo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loves oopsie rolls.JPG (28.5 KB, 122 views)

Lisa

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 06:22 PM   #182
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesDivine View Post
I finally made them. They are kinds flat, not sure if I want to slice one in half. I will be bringing 2 to work tomorrow for a sammich!!

I had one right from the oven with butter on top. I really liked it. DH and DS were meh - said they tasted like eggs. Kewl, then maybe they will keep thier hands off. Buggers, they are all over my Fuze...grr.

Anywho, I skipped the splenda and added garlic and onion powder, and some italian herbs. Topped with cheddar when there was 3 minutes left. This is a keeper, thanks again Cleo!
Look yummy! I wouldn't try slicing one in half-- they're pretty low cal and definitely low carb, so I wouldn't even worry about it!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: StacyW
Quote:
Originally Posted by epix View Post
I think I'll be making these for sure tomorrow!

Has anyone tried making these mixed with splenda, cinnamon and raisins?

I haven't, but I'd be willing to bet they'd be great.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #184
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
I think I'll be making these for sure tomorrow!

Has anyone tried making these mixed with splenda, cinnamon and raisins?
Nope- haven't gotten as far as trying them as a sweet treat...but I bet that would be nommmmmie

I want to try and find some LC syrup and eat these like pancakes (without the garlic powder ) or french toast..I think that would be a great breakfast.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #185
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
Ok, I just pulled a savory batch out of the oven and they look amazing!!! I added a tsp of Italian seasoning to the mix and topped with grated parmesan right before I baked. I am boiling some eggs now because I want an egg salad sammie, NOW!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #186
happy girlie girl!

Gallery: Amy Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystar View Post
Nope- haven't gotten as far as trying them as a sweet treat...but I bet that would be nommmmmie

I want to try and find some LC syrup and eat these like pancakes (without the garlic powder ) or french toast..I think that would be a great breakfast.
i've been making these rolls for about two years now (though i use 4 oz. of cream cheese instead of 3)...they make YUMMY french toast!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #187

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yup...Epix..invest in a hand mixer..It's a cheap investment and it works great! You could add some cinnamon to the yolks..If you want some raisins..I would use it on the topping.. a bit of whipped cream cheese and a raisin or two...and maybe some walnuts chopped..

Blenders won't work..You need air to get the egg whites firm.

I need to try some savory ones with the cheese and garlic powder..Thanks for the many ideas.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #188
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
i've been making these rolls for about two years now (though i use 4 oz. of cream cheese instead of 3)...they make YUMMY french toast!!!
I've been thinking about how they resemble a mix between french toast/pancakes after I heat them up in the wave for a few seconds-- I'm thinking I NEED to get syrup now

I can easily eat a whole batch of these in a day. And you know, I don't feel bad about it...for 6 there's about 4 carbs- a lot of times I leave the Splenda out or use half so even less actually...and I use them IN my meals, not just as an additive-- like I eat 2 buttered for breakfast. Or I eat mini pizzas with sauce and cheese....so it ends up working out nicely-- except I have to make a double batch every 2 or 2 1/2 days!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helens
Stats: Biggest/Big/130
WOE: Atkins Induction 1-21-08
Start Date: June 2007
OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! MY GOODNESS!!!

Now, I just had to test this out before serving it to guests tomorrow, and since I was so good today it fit into my carb count. Believe me when I say these rolls will go down in history at our house over the next 20 or 30 years! (yes I'm planning to live that long!)

I cut two of them in half, then topped each of the layers with semi-thawed frozen fresh strawberries that I had previously cut up and sweetened with a few drops of SweetzFree. I then topped it with whipped cream and let me tell you all, it was about the most delicious dessert we've EVER tasted! The whole thing was only about 5 carbs each serving...

I'm already dreaming up ways of using my truffle bowl for family gatherings and layering the rolls with SF chocolate pudding, whipped cream and other LC goodies. (I'll try real hard to not be doing induction then. )

There was absolutely NO egg taste in the dessert, and they tasted exactly like the little sponge cakes the stores carry for shortcake desserts.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #190
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by helens View Post
OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! MY GOODNESS!!!

Now, I just had to test this out before serving it to guests tomorrow, and since I was so good today it fit into my carb count. Believe me when I say these rolls will go down in history at our house over the next 20 or 30 years! (yes I'm planning to live that long!)

I cut two of them in half, then topped each of the layers with semi-thawed frozen fresh strawberries that I had previously cut up and sweetened with a few drops of SweetzFree. I then topped it with whipped cream and let me tell you all, it was about the most delicious dessert we've EVER tasted! The whole thing was only about 5 carbs each serving...

I'm already dreaming up ways of using my truffle bowl for family gatherings and layering the rolls with SF chocolate pudding, whipped cream and other LC goodies. (I'll try real hard to not be doing induction then. )

There was absolutely NO egg taste in the dessert, and they tasted exactly like the little sponge cakes the stores carry for shortcake desserts.

Sounds PERFECT. This idea has been brewing in the back of my mind for a bit in the future-- still trying to lose- this will be once I reach a more maintenance type level (which shouldn't be tooooo long)
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: epix
Stats: 426/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2004
went out on my lunch break and picked up a hand mixer and ingredients to make this.. I wish someone would have clued me in that the spices are in alphabetical order when searching for this cream of tartar.. I stood there for a good 5 minutes looking all confused while all the old ladies seemed to know exactly where everything was.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #192

Quote:
went out on my lunch break and picked up a hand mixer and ingredients to make this.. I wish someone would have clued me in that the spices are in alphabetical order when searching for this cream of tartar.. I stood there for a good 5 minutes looking all confused while all the old ladies seemed to know exactly where everything was.
Pete: I love it!! I'm one of those LOLadies who is always helping confused men at WalMart to find things..

Now, be sure you whip those eggwhites until when you turn your bowl upside down, they don't move. Only do this when you are sure..Big mess, otherwise.

PLUS, don't get any yolk in the egg white..So, I often break an egg..put the white in a custard cup, then when I'm sure the yolk is not there, I will dump the white into the mixing bowl.

We are anxiously awaiting your results!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieRobo
Stats: Maintenance 175/150/less than 150
WOE: Healthy Whole Food!
Start Date: March 2002
OMG GardenGirl639--- Thanks for your garlic/cheese tweak...

I made these last night and resisted eating one.

Right now, I am now enjoying a leftover potroast sammich... yummy... yummy... yummy
Old 01-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #194
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
1. GardenGirl-- I wouldn't try a blender for the egg whites because I fear they'd break down when moving them to a bowl.

2. Those look DELICIOUS, LovesDivine!

3. Pocahontas-- I love cheese with spices! That sounds delectable.

4. Cutie-- I am going to have to try the french toast! Dude, I'd use even more cream cheese, but I have to stick to four ounces of cheese a day, and I'm afraid of going over my limit. Plus, since mine was because I just royally screwed up, I stuck with three. LOL! I love your french toast idea... You are mah pocket boopie!

5. haystar-- I make two batches at a time. I just have to!

6. helens-- You ruined my last post when I started drooling over your recipe. Shame on you! I am going to try that dessert. I am so excited you had success with it! I am going to save your whole post.

7. epix-- LOL! OMG. I'm sorry! And here I thought I was being so hoopie cool by telling you the color of the spice itself. And then, I stand there in the baking aisle, and I'm like, "Do I look under 'C' or 'T'?" Remember to whip eht whites first and then beat the cream cheese mixture in another bowl next! You don't want to corrupt the egg whites (like Carolyn said)! Let us know how they turn out!

8. Laurie-- that sounds so awesome! I wonder how these would hold up to an au jus?

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm one of those little old ladies, too, but when I see a man with a blank look I usually come to the rescue...maybe you need to work on that look in the mirror before heading for the grocery store?

Seriously, though, I had no clue myself that those spices were in alphabetical order! I'm gonna have to pay closer attention to that my next shopping trip.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #196
something there

helens-- I bought some fat-free, SF pudding to try cream puffs! I am REALLY excited but I need to wait until I'm out of induction first. Booooo!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #197

I wonder how these oopsies would work in muffin tins??? Of course we would have to spray the dickens out of the tins so they wouldn't stick. They would be perfect for "cream puffs" that way.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
helens-- I bought some fat-free, SF pudding to try cream puffs! I am REALLY excited but I need to wait until I'm out of induction first. Booooo!
cleochatra,

Cream puffs has always been a favorite dessert around here, homemade, of course:blush:, so if you perfect them before me, I want to know about it!

I sort of started induction again this week and have lost 2 lbs, but that shortcake last night put THAT to an end, so back to the grind today. So far, so good.

Question to anyone: Do you eat the one minute muffins on induction? I use SweetzFree when I make them, or Davinci's syrup, so no carbs there, just in the flaxseed meal, cinnamon and baking powder.

I read online that cinnamon has 4 carbs per tsp, and that Baking powder has 1 carb per tsp. Opinions?
Old 01-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #199
something there

Carolyn-- for some reason, when I made them in the muffin tins, they reminded me of popovers.

I made them with mix-ins: chives and shredded cheese; olives and ham; ham and cheese; and jalapenos and cheese.

They were very pop-overy.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #200

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by helens View Post
cleochatra,

Cream puffs has always been a favorite dessert around here, homemade, of course:blush:, so if you perfect them before me, I want to know about it!

I sort of started induction again this week and have lost 2 lbs, but that shortcake last night put THAT to an end, so back to the grind today. So far, so good.

Question to anyone: Do you eat the one minute muffins on induction? I use SweetzFree when I make them, or Davinci's syrup, so no carbs there, just in the flaxseed meal, cinnamon and baking powder.

I read online that cinnamon has 4 carbs per tsp, and that Baking powder has 1 carb per tsp. Opinions?

If you're doing Atkins Induction by the book-Dr. A recommends 1 or 2 tbls flax as a constipation aid. You could make the muffin and split it in half and make sure you count all your carbs. Flaxmeal actually has .1 carbs per tbl according to the National Flax Council-they are the experts on the stuff. Plug all your ingredients by amount into ****** and add them up and then divide them by 2 if you decide to eat half a muffin on Induction. Spices do have carbs. I have read so many posts where newbies or those on Induction totally overdue with these and their weight stalls out.

Last edited by lisabinil; 01-15-2008 at 01:45 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
If you're doing Atkins Induction by the book-Dr. A recommends 1 or 2 tbls flax as a constipation aid. You could make the muffin and split it in half and make sure you count all your carbs. Flaxmeal actually has .1 carbs per tbl according to the National Flax Council-they are the experts on the stuff. Plug all your ingredients by amount into ****** and add them up and then divide them by 2 if you decide to eat half a muffin on Induction. Spices do have carbs. I have read so many posts where newbies or those on Induction totally overdue with these and their weight stalls out.
lisabinil, thanks for the response...I was eating the muffins before when I tried induction and didn't get too far with the weight loss. I've just received my copy of DANDR in the mail, so spent hours last night reading. I restarted induction a couple of days ago, but then ate those darned shortcakes last night, so restarted today. Oh, well...Im NOT hungry at all, so this is a good thing. I'll be very good now.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #202
something there

I didn't know anything about the flax muffins! I'm sorry. But lisabinil knows everything. She's cool like that! *^5*
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #203
something there

That was a high 5. I wasn't cussin'.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I made it tonight.. probably screwed up some where as it didn't get too fluffy.. I added in some extra splenda, and then some cinnamon and raisins.

Before I goes in the oven:

And out of the oven:

Haven't tried it yet.. letting it cool down
Old 01-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dblyn
Stats: 125 goal
WOE: Atkins/ HCG
Start Date: April 2004 1/2010 HCG
Well i dont know how anything with cinnemon and raisens could taste bad hope you like it.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG!!! this is SOOO good, not like I expected at all.

I gave some to my parents and they even thought it was really good.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #207
something there

Cool, Corporal Peter! The question is, are you on the raisin phase of Atkins? *hands on hips*

It looks great! I am so glad you like it! You done good, mister!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
OMG I thought those were choc chips and I almost died! Now I am fantasizing about Cleo's buns with SF choc chips....Myabe TOM is lurking or something....
Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #209
something there

You could use low-carb CC's. Not ones with sugar alcohol, though!

If you're far enough along on your plan, go buy some Ghirardelli or Lindt high-octane chocolates and chop them up. Throw in the batter. Each square is only about 3-5 carbs, tops. It would be rocking with the raspberry-filled ones. They'd be all swirly in the dough.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
O..M...G.... you're killllllllllllllllling me... I am still trying to get induction right! Seriously though, THANKS, something to look forwrad to DEFINITELY!