Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #1981
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla52 View Post
I am looking for a recipe that doubles the oopsie rools and I remember it had 8 ounces of cream cheese in it but that is all I know. Could someone(Cleo?) steer to the right place?

Thanks
I regularly make oopsies using the entire 8 oz package of cream cheese. The proportions of the ingredients stay the same, so 8 oz cream cheese for 8 eggs. I fiddled with the add ins though - salt, cream of tartar, and stevia - for that 8 egg/8 oz batch, I use one of those tiny scoops of stevia (I think it's 1/64 of a tsp of straight stevia, NOT the kind that's mixed with maltodextrin), then I use 1/8 tsp each of cream of tartar and salt. (This is just my personal preference - you may want more or less of the salt and sweetener)

Everything else about making them is the same as the oopsie recipe, except you'll need to use 2 pans to bake them since you'll be making 16 oopsies (Actually I end up with 18 because I use extra large eggs). I put both pans in the oven at once, one on an upper shelf, and one on the lower, then switch them after the first 15 minutes to finish baking.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #1982
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Just a heads up: A scraper in India took my old site, so if you click on any of my old "cleochatra blogspot" links they're going to a fake site. My new site is in my signature line and all of my recipes are there. I am working to settle this with google right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #1983
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cpfdl
WOE: low carb
Lasagne picture

I want to make Cleos lasagne and I cant find the recipe anywhere. we really love the oopsie rolls and would love to use a version of these in lasagne..of I cant get the recipe here I will be making up my own!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #1984
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfdl View Post
I want to make Cleos lasagne and I cant find the recipe anywhere. we really love the oopsie rolls and would love to use a version of these in lasagne..of I cant get the recipe here I will be making up my own!!!
Google "Your Lighter Side" and her site will pop up! Look over there and see what you can find. Or you can make your own and post the results
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #1985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MadCommodore
WOE: Atkins
Clicked on Cleo's link on page 1 which is a dead link. I'm not searching 51 pages for a re-up on some random chance
Old 05-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #1986

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCommodore View Post
Clicked on Cleo's link on page 1 which is a dead link. I'm not searching 51 pages for a re-up on some random chance
all i had to do was google YOUR LIGHTER SIDE and there it is
CLEO is a goddess!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #1987

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
Besides what the others have said, I don't think you would have to increase the cream of tarter for the larger recipe. It only takes a tiny bit of acid to help the egg whites.

As Madam De Leon said, you won't want to have batter waiting to go in the over, as the whites would probably deflate. I haven't made them in a long time, but usually double the batch when I do make them. Best I can remember I only use 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar for the double batch.
mine never has had a problem but then again i am not gentle with my whites folding them in either
Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #1988
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCommodore View Post
Yea, she said that in #2082, a few above this post.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #1989
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Does anyone have a smart way of making a double batch? I know I shouldn't mix all the eggwhites and the yolks together and bake the first batch. The whites got less fluffy from standing on the counter for 30 minutes.

Any ideas?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #1990
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
Does anyone have a smart way of making a double batch? I know I shouldn't mix all the eggwhites and the yolks together and bake the first batch. The whites got less fluffy from standing on the counter for 30 minutes.

Any ideas?
I think the first time I made oopsies, I only used 3 eggs, but quickly realized that they were disappearing too quickly and I'd need to bake every couple of days, so I started doing double batches. I stopped doing that when it became annoying dealing with 2 oz leftover cream cheese from an 8 oz block. So now when I make oopsies, I use 8 eggs, so that I can use the entire block of cream cheese at once.

In reply to your question about mixing - I just fold about half the yolk mixture into the whites at a time, just like if you were doing a 3 egg batch. I haven't noticed any difference in the final results. It just requires a little more careful folding to make sure the yolk mixture doesn't all end up in the bottom of the bowl. To fold it in gently, I use one of those small silicone spoon/spatulas, going down at the side of the bowl, push at an angle across the bottom to scoop up yolk mixture, then lift up in the middle of the bowl, and continue doing that all the way around the bowl - in at the edge, across to scoop, lift in middle. After that, I usually have very little unfolded yolk mixture left in the bottom, but if there is any, I just make little wells in the oopsie batter piles on the baking pan, and scoop the leftover yolk mixture into those.

I need to use 2 baking sheets (I use parchment paper on them), and I put them both in the oven at once, top and bottom, and set the timer for 15 minutes. When it rings, I switch the pans top and bottom and bake another 15 minutes, so that that both pans of oopsies are browned more evenly.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #1991
Senior LCF Member

Okay Cool. So when You bake two at the same time, you use the fan thingy? I don't know how to explain. But it's a setting on the oven here in Norway that looks like a fan. So this gives you 14 oopsies?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #1992
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
Okay Cool. So when You bake two at the same time, you use the fan thingy? I don't know how to explain. But it's a setting on the oven here in Norway that looks like a fan. So this gives you 14 oopsies?
You must have a convection oven - I just have a regular old electric oven - electric element on the bottom, so the bottom of the oopsies on the bottom pan browns faster, and the top of the oppsies on the top pan browns faster. That's why I need to switch them halfway through - the top of the top pan and the bottom of the bottom pan are exposed to the most heat. With a convection oven, the heat might be more evenly distributed, so that you wouldn't need to switch the pans halfway through the baking time.

I actually get 18 oopsies from the 8 eggs. Normally that many eggs with 8 oz cream cheese would make 16 oopsies (2 from each egg and oz of cream cheese), but I use XL eggs, so I get a little extra batter - just enough to make 18 per batch. I have square baking sheets, and can fit 3 rows with 3 oopsies in each row on each baking sheet.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #1993
Senior LCF Member

Yeah. I guess that's what kind of oven I mean! If I put a tray at the top notch inside the oven they get dark. If I use the fan setting they get even darker.