Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #1561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amber Colin
Stats: 143/138/112
WOE: Atkins LC
Start Date: March 2008
Hi I'm new to this forum but have been reading posts... and tried making oopsie rolls!!!

Let me Intro myself first :

Hi Everyone!

I'm from Singapore, currently 30 yrs old.

I'm re-doing atkins after giving birth to my girl and becoming fat eversince. I started Atkins LC WOE again since March 08... have lost quite alot, but i wanna get back to my old weight before having a kid - which seems so impossible to attain now... Sigh!!! But i will not give up!

I wonder if there's any members from Singapore or Asia in this forum. I don't think in Singapore there's any exclusive forum like this! Hehe... But it doesn't matter yah? Friends and support system knows no racial boundaries! Agree?

At least we all here have the same FOOD interests and similar goals to aim for. That's the most wonderful part! Really need all the help I can get now...

Have been experiencing some problems while doing this diet : Any solutions, guys n gals?

- Induction period no problem
- After losing seemingly alot and fitting into old S sized clothes (used to wear XS, maybe that's like Size 2)?, have become overwhelmed and more greedy... wanna eat some carby foods and be like other ppl around me. Though I know very well that I can't have portion control when eating carbs, and that I do gain weight very fast wen on carbs, I still try to lie to myself.

Sometimes I just have this urge to eat all the carbs I can and binge, usually only after dinner.

I'm determined to change this unhealthy action by posting here regularly, tap on the support from nice people like u all, account for daily meals and post menus, recipes whenever I can, read the stuff and the inspirational anecdotes generously written by you guys.

To start off :

15-May-2008

Breakfast:
- 3 steamed eggs with melted sandwich cheese inside. sprinkled with some vanilla extract.. (sounds weird? but Delish!!!)
- Half Portion sugarless Coleslaw (sweetened with Equal SF 1 carb sweetener) ... maybe about few spoonfuls of the coleslaw.

I pre-made batches of coleslaw and put into the fridge. The entire container (lasts for a week) has mayo and ONE pack of Equal SF sweetener - 1 packet's taste equivalent to 2 teaspoons of regular white sugar...

Lunch (cooked in the morning and brought to work) :

- Baked Salmon Belly strips slathered in Full Fat Mayonnaise, sprinkled with pepper and topped with 1 sliced sandwich cheddar and some mozarella before baking (oven toaster)
- Added few spoonfuls of the same coleslaw (pre-made) as a side dish.

Snack if hungry : Nuked sandwich cheese (Cheese Crisp) - Crispy and I love it!

Dinner (intended / planned) :

- Sliced fish in clear soup with green vegetables, some tofu (Chinese style)
- 2 steamed eggs

Will be buying dinner from a Chinese eatery near home, after fetching my daughter from childcare. She's such a darling, in full day childcare (Nursery One Level) now. Hehe!

I can't find any muffin top pans here in Singapore! Will search more often, cos buying online will incur shipping charges etc rite? Which means if I buy stuff from the Netrition site, there will be a shipping charge, if they deliver to so far in the first place?

Thanks in advance to all who post replies to my virgin message on this board! HAHA!!!!

Amber

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #1562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Colin View Post
Hi I'm new to this forum but have been reading posts... and tried making oopsie rolls!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm re-doing atkins after giving birth to my girl and becoming fat eversince. I started Atkins LC WOE again since March 08... have lost quite alot, but i wanna get back to my old weight before having a kid - which seems so impossible to attain now... Sigh!!! But i will not give up!

I wonder if there's any members from Singapore or Asia in this forum. I don't think in Singapore there's any exclusive forum like this! Hehe... But it doesn't matter yah? Friends and support system knows no racial boundaries! Agree?

At least we all here have the same FOOD interests and similar goals to aim for. That's the most wonderful part! Really need all the help I can get now...

Have been experiencing some problems while doing this diet : Any solutions, guys n gals?

- After losing seemingly alot and fitting into old S sized clothes (used to wear XS, maybe that's like Size 2)?, have become overwhelmed and more greedy... wanna eat some carby foods and be like other ppl around me. Though I know very well that I can't have portion control when eating carbs, and that I do gain weight very fast wen on carbs, I still try to lie to myself.

Sometimes I just have this urge to eat all the carbs I can and binge, usually only after dinner.

I'm determined to change this unhealthy action by posting here regularly, tap on the support from nice people like u all, account for daily meals and post menus, recipes whenever I can, read the stuff and the inspirational anecdotes generously written by you guys.

To start off :

15-May-2008

Breakfast:
- 3 steamed eggs with melted sandwich cheese inside. sprinkled with some vanilla extract.. (sounds weird? but Delish!!!)
- Half Portion sugarless Coleslaw (sweetened with Equal SF 1 carb sweetener) ... maybe about few spoonfuls of the coleslaw.

I pre-made batches of coleslaw and put into the fridge. The entire container (lasts for a week) has mayo and ONE pack of Equal SF sweetener - 1 packet's taste equivalent to 2 teaspoons of regular white sugar...

- Baked Salmon Belly strips slathered in Full Fat Mayonnaise, sprinkled with pepper and topped with 1 sliced sandwich cheddar and some mozarella before baking (oven toaster)

- 2 steamed eggs

Will be buying dinner from a Chinese eatery near home, after fetching my daughter from childcare. She's such a darling, in full day childcare (Nursery One Level) now. Hehe!

I can't find any muffin top pans here in Singapore! Will search more often, cos buying online will incur shipping charges etc rite? Which means if I buy stuff from the Netrition site, there will be a shipping charge, if they deliver to so far in the first place?

Thanks in advance to all who post replies to my virgin message on this board! HAHA!!!!

Amber

to the forum. I don't know if Amazon ships to singapore, but you might want to try it. That's where I got my muffin top pan. Good luck with this WOE and be sure and eat enough. If you are hungry, eat (legal foods of course).
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #1563
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:

Hi Everyone!

To start off :

15-May-2008

Breakfast:

- 2 steamed eggs

Amber
Amber!

Some of your meals look great - all that nice mayo and such!

But some of the other meals look a little light on the fat. For instance your planned dinner seems to be very low on fat with the clear soup (fat free?), tofu (very low in fat) and steamed eggs (no added fats in that?). It's eating too low in fat that tends to lead to hunger and binges, because it's the fat that satiates. Most of us would fry our eggs rather than steaming them, melt butter over the cooked eggs, or else find some other kind of fat to add to the meal, such as coconut oil. which could be melted in the soup if you don't want to eat it plain. Do you tend to eat a dinner so low in fat regularly? If so, that could very well be the reason you're finding it so hard to resist carbs right now.

If you go to Cleo's blog, there are lots of wonderful, satisfying recipes on there. Also Linda Sue's website is a treasure trove of fantastic Low Carb recipes.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #1564
Sweet and Spicy Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
I got 'em on Ebay. If you go to Ebay and put in 6" round wilton pan, you will find several of them listed.
We don't have anything but Walmart and a grocery store here, so most of my shopping for pans is done online. I'd imagine you can get them on Amazon also.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Great! Thanks.. Sometimes you just need a bigger bun...[/COLOR]
Old 05-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #1565
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for replying! I will search online e.g. amazon site etc... but will search the entire singapore shops first! haaha. I made oopsies twice and they are quite satisfactory according to my standards. delish with cheese melted on top and fried with butter!

We have carl's junior, Burger King ... but no Wendy's.. i love to bring the oopsie breads to enjoy with the burger patties... esp BK's bbq double bacon cheese burger!!! without the bbq sauce of course. I ask for a packet of mayonnaise and spread that on the bacon/oopsie sandwich bread! YUMMY!!!!!

by the way, the 6" round pan looks so huge!!! maybe i'm lousy at estimating in inches..but in the picture, looks more like a pizza pan?!?!?!

yea i agree that my dinner (fish soup) is rather low in fats.... but maybe its out of habit cos the gals here in singapore embrace this fish soup like wonder food! Longest queue at that stall and it's mostly girls... hehe... As for steaming eggs, i do it out of convenience and laziness to wash oily pans ....hehe! i just put 2/3 eggs into a corningware bowl, put pepper, tear a piece of sandwich cheese, dump it in, beat and stir, put into the microwave, set Hi for 2 mins and... voila! Hot, comforting, steamy, cheesy eggs! But dun the cheese provide fats for the meal? (sorry, forgot to post that I put cheese into the steamed eggs to up the fats.)

talking abt fried eggs... yeah makes me drool, maybe i should use butter to make an omelette instead of the steamed eggs! thanks!!!!

wat are u guys eating today?

Amber
Old 05-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #1566
Senior LCF Member

Hi hi

forgot to add that i am reluctant to buy bacon cos over here, bacon is rather expensive. 6 strips of back bacon cost Singapore Dollars about at least 4 dollar. Multiply that with approx 1.6 to convert to USD rate.

Stuff I like with oopsie rolls:

-chopped up baked salmon as the "patty" with cheese oozing out from the sides
-spread garlic butter AND peanut butter (1 tsp) and heat up (strange but nice)
-French toast with butter / sprinkled vanilla extract or Equal Sugar (like Splenda, but Singapore version)
-Sandwich bread for creamy chicken breast mayonnaise
-for any fast food burgers!

Amber
Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 AM   #1567
Major LCF Poster!

When you said steamed, I pictured some kind of special egg steaming apparatus that's readily available in your part of the world, unknown in the US - not nuked, scrambled eggs! We're used to nuking things though, just never thought of it as steaming them.

Most cheese only has about 10 g fat per ounce/slice, so I suppose it'd depend on how much fat you're getting at other meals whether or not that's enough to satiate you. The eggs have a bit of fat too, of course. If you don't want to wash greasy pans, you don't have to cook them in butter - maybe try just melting butter over them after they're cooked. It gives a different flavor, which is really quite nice.

I think back bacon is the stuff that has hardly any fat, right? We don't have that in the US, generally speaking. (The only place I've ever seen it is at a British specialty store - with a similar price to what you quoted. Expensive to import that stuff) I have no idea what that portion of the pig is used for over here, because our bacon is what's called "streaky bacon" in the UK - the stuff that's mostly fat, with just a couple thin strips of meat streaked through it. Produces lots and lots of bacon drippings when it's cooked (which is another flavor enhancing fat you can add to veggies or cook things in)

You'll have to post some pictures of the ways you use the oopsie - those all sound wonderful!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #1568
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
FYI:

Cake pans are available in sizes from 2 inch diameter all the way up, believe it or not. Sometimes sold in tiered sets (I have a mini tiered cake pan set, for instance, that includes 2", 3" and 4"). Usually about 2" high. ChefTools (google them) sells a complete line of these [NOT non-stick coated, btw ] -- look under their bakeware section and drool over all the pans, including various sizes on angel food pans.

Oooh, I have PAN envy!

-Retroworx
Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #1569
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam De Leon View Post
I think back bacon is the stuff that has hardly any fat, right? We don't have that in the US, generally speaking. (The only place I've ever seen it is at a British specialty store - with a similar price to what you quoted. Expensive to import that stuff) I have no idea what that portion of the pig is used for over here, because our bacon is what's called "streaky bacon" in the UK - the stuff that's mostly fat, with just a couple thin strips of meat streaked through it. Produces lots and lots of bacon drippings when it's cooked (which is another flavor enhancing fat you can add to veggies or cook things in)
Back Bacon is usually called, in the US, either Canadian Bacon (here in Canada and in much of the world, it is called Back Bacon) or Pea Meal Bacon, and is fairly lean because it is smoked pork tenderloin and not the more fatty Belly or Side Pork. and maybe you can find some nice (smoked or not) Belly or Side Pork at a better price than the Back Bacon.

Streaky (in the UK) or "regular" Bacon (in North America, Canada and the US both) IS smoked Side or Belly Pork and much fattier though it can be relatively lean if you cook it to crispiness...which renders out all the fat. Of course we LCers like to keep the bacon fat or "dripping" and use it to cook with and flavour many other foods. Yum!

Just to clarify a little bit!

Welcome, Amber! and by the way, when I have a lovely clear soup, I like to add some toasted sesame oil, both nutritious and VERY tasty but strong, so can also add some plain coconut oil to increase the healthy fats (and a container of that in your purse is good to carry around when eating out of the home because of work...

Last edited by theislandgirl; 05-15-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #1570
Senior LCF Member

Hello Island girl...

we do have streaky bacon here, but also quite expensive, around the same price as the back bacon here. I'll find out if there's somewhere we can actually but at a cheaper price in bulk. haha. as long as we keep it in the freezer, it should last quite long rite?

i did not have an egg beater at home, so i use the hand held whisk to beat the egg whites.... i add abit more cream of tartar and beat till fluffy but not as stiff as it should.... the height of the cooked oopsie turned out like sandwich bread, not a high as a burger, but it's fine and tastes good. hehe.... I have an electric egg beater dug out from some storeroom, so I shall try to beat till stiff peak forms. wish me luck!!!!

sometimes when I'm lazy, i just nuke 2 slices of sandwich cheese and use them to hold burger patties. Wonder if anyone does that? it will not taste like bread of cos, but if u nuke it with all the stuff sandwiched inside, it blends well, and can still be held...has a semi-soft/crispy texture which I find yummy too! haha

Amber
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #1571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Hello Island girl...

we do have streaky bacon here, but also quite expensive, around the same price as the back bacon here. I'll find out if there's somewhere we can actually but at a cheaper price in bulk. haha. as long as we keep it in the freezer, it should last quite long rite?

i did not have an egg beater at home, so i use the hand held whisk to beat the egg whites.... i add abit more cream of tartar and beat till fluffy but not as stiff as it should.... the height of the cooked oopsie turned out like sandwich bread, not a high as a burger, but it's fine and tastes good. hehe.... I have an electric egg beater dug out from some storeroom, so I shall try to beat till stiff peak forms. wish me luck!!!!

sometimes when I'm lazy, i just nuke 2 slices of sandwich cheese and use them to hold burger patties. Wonder if anyone does that? it will not taste like bread of cos, but if u nuke it with all the stuff sandwiched inside, it blends well, and can still be held...has a semi-soft/crispy texture which I find yummy too! haha

Amber
Just so you know, the oppised don't turn out as thick as a burger bun, when baked. They are like thin slices of sandwhich bread, so it sounds like you made them exactly right.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #1572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Quote:
Amber, I do this, too. I keep cheese sandwich slices in the fridge for "emergencies", usually Swiss or Cheddar. I microwave them on parchment/baking paper, and make sandwiches out of them. I like the squeaky strange texture, with the crumbles around the edge, and it certainly helps to have a supply of them in a baggie when traveling or working!

Old 05-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #1573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Quote:
Hi Nigel,

Thanks for replying! I will search online e.g. amazon site etc... but will search the entire singapore shops first! haaha. I made oopsies twice and they are quite satisfactory according to my standards. delish with cheese melted on top and fried with butter!

We have carl's junior, Burger King ... but no Wendy's.. i love to bring the oopsie breads to enjoy with the burger patties... esp BK's bbq double bacon cheese burger!!! without the bbq sauce of course. I ask for a packet of mayonnaise and spread that on the bacon/oopsie sandwich bread! YUMMY!!!!!

by the way, the 6" round pan looks so huge!!! maybe i'm lousy at estimating in inches..but in the picture, looks more like a pizza pan?!?!?!

yea i agree that my dinner (fish soup) is rather low in fats.... but maybe its out of habit cos the gals here in singapore embrace this fish soup like wonder food! Longest queue at that stall and it's mostly girls... hehe... As for steaming eggs, i do it out of convenience and laziness to wash oily pans ....hehe! i just put 2/3 eggs into a corningware bowl, put pepper, tear a piece of sandwich cheese, dump it in, beat and stir, put into the microwave, set Hi for 2 mins and... voila! Hot, comforting, steamy, cheesy eggs! But dun the cheese provide fats for the meal? (sorry, forgot to post that I put cheese into the steamed eggs to up the fats.)

talking abt fried eggs... yeah makes me drool, maybe i should use butter to make an omelette instead of the steamed eggs! thanks!!!!

wat are u guys eating today?

Amber
The 6" pan makes a bun the size of a pita bread...yep, it would make a small pizza also, but hey, who eats a small pizza? hahahaha!!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #1574
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/234/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
The 6" pan makes a bun the size of a pita bread...yep, it would make a small pizza also, but hey, who eats a small pizza? hahahaha!!
Hey! I'm a small pizza connoisseur!

It takes a small pizza to do stuff like this... (Because, you know, everyone needs heart-shaped pepperoni)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #1575
skg
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skg
Stats: 220/169/140
WOE: Low carbing
Start Date: March 31, 2008
I have a question and sorry if this has been asked or answered - for the oopsies I know they can be frozen but after making them do they need to be stored in the refrig or can they be left out on the counter. I am going to attempted to make these on Sunday.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #1576
Major LCF Poster!

Cleo seems to have good luck with storing them on the counter for a few days (Cleo, you'll have to chime in with how long you're able to store them without refrigeration, because I've forgotten), but she lives in Colorado, where the air is a good bit dryer than it is here in Pa.

When I leave my oopsies out on the counter overnight to "dry out", sometimes they seem even more moist the next morning than they were the night before, because our humidity is so high in Pa. And this is in springtime... We've had a lot of rain lately, but in between storms, the humidity tends to drop way back down. Think about how much higher the humidity is in July and August, even without rain!

You could maybe store them sitting out for a couple days, if you have your AC running to take the humidity out of the air, but I would suggest just going straight to refrigerator storage soon after they've fully cooled. I've been doing that lately, then popping them in the toaster oven to dry them out a little more right before using them, since they tend to get sticky sitting in a bag in the fridge.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #1577
something there

I leave mine out for up to three days in a ziplock bag that is slightly open. I live in a dry, essentially bugless climate so they stay on my counter. If they're going to be around for awhile, I pop them into the fridge or the freezer. In the fridge, I keep the bag slightly open to keep the oopsies from going too moist, but in the freezer, I only freeze two to a bag to keep them from all sticking together, and then just thaw as needed.

There are more frequently asked questions and answers here. I hope they'll help!

I've lost 130 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 AM   #1578
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yummy's_Girl
Stats: 168/134/130-135
WOE: A way of my own
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I leave mine out for up to three days in a ziplock bag that is slightly open. I live in a dry, essentially bugless climate so they stay on my counter. If they're going to be around for awhile, I pop them into the fridge or the freezer. In the fridge, I keep the bag slightly open to keep the oopsies from going too moist, but in the freezer, I only freeze two to a bag to keep them from all sticking together, and then just thaw as needed.

There are more frequently asked questions and answers here. I hope they'll help!

I freeze mine 8 to a gallon ziplock bag. Four on bottom, four on top. I put a layer of freezer paper between them to prevent sticking, then lay them flat in the freezer. Works great!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #1579
something there

Great idea!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #1580
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 224/198.6/150
WOE: Atkins & Exercise
Start Date: Start Date: October 17,2011
Yeah, gotta be careful depending on where you live. here in Illinois mine will get moldy if left out to long. I store them in a bag left slightly open for a couple days then move them on in to the fridge if I have any left...

Last edited by DolphinsOnMyMind777; 05-19-2008 at 07:07 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 08:27 AM   #1581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CanadaBoy29
WOE: Atkins
My first batch ever are in the oven. But it's not looking good. The mixture was really watery, not thick at all. I used all the ingredients exactly as listed in Cleochatra's recipe. When I saw that it wasn't thickening very well, I even added another couple of pinches of cream of tartar. Well, we'll see in half an hour how they look. If they don't spill off the cookie sheet into the oven!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam De Leon View Post
Cleo seems to have good luck with storing them on the counter for a few days (Cleo, you'll have to chime in with how long you're able to store them without refrigeration, because I've forgotten), but she lives in Colorado, where the air is a good bit dryer than it is here in Pa.

When I leave my oopsies out on the counter overnight to "dry out", sometimes they seem even more moist the next morning than they were the night before, because our humidity is so high in Pa. And this is in springtime... We've had a lot of rain lately, but in between storms, the humidity tends to drop way back down. Think about how much higher the humidity is in July and August, even without rain!

You could maybe store them sitting out for a couple days, if you have your AC running to take the humidity out of the air, but I would suggest just going straight to refrigerator storage soon after they've fully cooled. I've been doing that lately, then popping them in the toaster oven to dry them out a little more right before using them, since they tend to get sticky sitting in a bag in the fridge.
hello

ya here in singapore, also quite hard to even keep oopsies in the fridge... the next few days of keeping made mine smell weird and they become moist. it feels like holding two slices of fried eggs! of cos in the beginning its not eggy... storing them in the humid singapore whether, fridge or not, made them eggy! arghh

hi Cleo I've been reading ur site and recipes.... really admire your patience and your devotion in experimenting when I myself is such a lazy person. hehe! even separating eggs makes me tired. If only i could just order oopsies from u, to be shipped over here. u should really find some way to mass produce it and sell it internationally!!!

Amber
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #1583
something there

Canada-- Hey! If they are watery, try pouring into some shallow bread pans (greased!) and you'll end up with something that won't run all over the pans.

Amber-- Hi! If you refrigerate, take them out of the fridge before you use them. About an hour ahead. they won't be sticky. I hate sticky bread, too!

Thanks so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Yeeeeahhhh, mine didn't work. They smell fantastic, but they are as thin as a dime, and burned after 15 minutes @ 300. Not sure what went wrong!

Edit: I may know what went wrong. I need to use a more powerful mixer, I think. I used an eggbeater which normally works quite well, and I worked myself up into a sweat mixing the whites, but maybe it wasn't enough force?

Last edited by CanadaBoy29; 05-19-2008 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #1585
something there

Dude-- that sounds colossally wrong. You have had a bad oopsie day.

How stiff were the whites? Were they peaky like the nipples on a Spice Girl?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #1586
Senior LCF Member

They weren't anything like a Spice Girl's nipples. Well, maybe Sporty's.

The whites weren't stiff at all, actually. I did add extra tartar but to no avail. I think the mixer was the problem. I'll try again later.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #1587
something there

Ahhh. You're going to have to whip those peaks for at least 3-5 with an electric mixer. If you're going at it by hand, look for closer to 5-7 minutes! It sounds like you got to Frothyland but didn't make it to Sportyville.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #1588
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Ahhh. You're going to have to whip those peaks for at least 3-5 with an electric mixer. If you're going at it by hand, look for closer to 5-7 minutes! It sounds like you got to Frothyland but didn't make it to Sportyville.
We're still talking about eggs, right?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #1589
something there

Bwahhh!!!

Ah, yeah.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

OK, I thought so.

Yes, I will give them another shot with the mixer until they become the glasscutters you promised.