Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #121
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/234/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Really, though. It sounds like a small, toasted pizza. Cheese with something that has some acidity to it. It sounds like it could be pretty good! I wonder what adding a little chopped artichoke heart to it might taste like?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 08:23 AM   #122
happy girlie girl!

Gallery: Amy Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystar View Post
I know, I know....its just something my famiy has done since I can remember! Everyone in my family loves it- everyone outside of the fam thinks we're NUTS!

Its the only way I'll eat them

And don't even TRY to give me tomato soup with my grilled cheese

when i first read your comment about ketchup with GC, i thought "ewww" but then i thought,
"well, that might not be much different than GC with tomato soup"

and then i read your last line!!! how ironic!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #123
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Really, though. It sounds like a small, toasted pizza. Cheese with something that has some acidity to it. It sounds like it could be pretty good! I wonder what adding a little chopped artichoke heart to it might taste like?
It really is good, I swear! I like the coolness of the ketchup with the hot sandwich too.....I've never liked tomato soup, blech...but I love tomatoes, go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
when i first read your comment about ketchup with GC, i thought "ewww" but then i thought,
"well, that might not be much different than GC with tomato soup"

and then i read your last line!!! how ironic!
Same concept! I just don't like tomato soup.....and I LOVE ketchup. I put ketchup on ketchup..thats how much I love it
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #124
happy girlie girl!

Quote:
It really is good, I swear! I like the coolness of the ketchup with the hot sandwich too.....I've never liked tomato soup, blech...but I love tomatoes, go figure.

Same concept! I just don't like tomato soup.....and I LOVE ketchup. I put ketchup on ketchup..thats how much I love it
i'm laughing 'cause i can SOOOOOOOO relate.

LOVE ketchup, love creamy tomato sauce even (will swoon over a marinara/alfredo blend)...BUT i do not like tomato soup! my family thinks this is weird.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #125
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
i'm laughing 'cause i can SOOOOOOOO relate.

LOVE ketchup, love creamy tomato sauce even (will swoon over a marinara/alfredo blend)...BUT i do not like tomato soup! my family thinks this is weird.
Mine too I mean, it is pretty weird....it even surprises me but I just plain don't like it.

I like tomato BISQUE-- nice and thick and chunky...or tomato parmesan...but plain tomato out of a can -or anywhere I guess- is just not for me-- all thin and yucky...nope!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #126
happy girlie girl!

Quote:
Mine too I mean, it is pretty weird....it even surprises me but I just plain don't like it.

I like tomato BISQUE-- nice and thick and chunky...or tomato parmesan...but plain tomato out of a can -or anywhere I guess- is just not for me-- all thin and yucky...nope!
*goes and sits by haystar*

finally, someone who "gets it"!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helens
Stats: Biggest/Big/130
WOE: Atkins Induction 1-21-08
Start Date: June 2007
haystar and cutie, I hate tomato soup, too, but like tomatoes and ketchup and tomato sauce, etc...just can't stand plain ole yukky tomato soup!

Well, cleochatra...the rev rolls were delicious with a slice of bacon on each, along with a slice of tomato, LF Feta and a bit of Mexican cheese mix. I put them into the toaster oven and broiled for about 2 minutes...DH says do more and I agree.

I want to try adding 2 or 3 tbsp of golden flaxseed meal and a dab of melted butter to the yolk part before folding it into the whites...what do you think? I'm thinking that would take these off the list of induction foods though?

I know, I know...if it works, leave it alone!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blackbird
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/04/02
That sounds good. I used the original recipe, but in the last few minutes of baking, sprinkled just a tiny bit of grated cheddar on top of each one. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappl38220 View Post
These are soooo versatile, I just warmed them, put butter and sf maple syrup on them....yummo!!
I added 1 TBS of almond flour to my batch and they turned out purrrfect!
my batch yielded 8 large buns.
I used
3 eggs and whites,
cr of t.
3 oz.cream cheese &
the 1 T. almond flour

I will see if they pass the hamburger test tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: michelemomof2
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 18, 2004
I ate a Wendy's baconator on these Friday night (got the idea from Cleo). Yesterday for lunch, I had a Junior Whopper from Burger King on it. I took my rolls with me when DH said we were going to go through the drive-thru and get a quick burger to eat before hitting Home Depot. When I pulled the Revoloopsie rolls out of my purse, he looked at me like I was from outer space. lol
Old 01-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #130
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by helens View Post
haystar and cutie, I hate tomato soup, too, but like tomatoes and ketchup and tomato sauce, etc...just can't stand plain ole yukky tomato soup!
Have any of you tried tomato soup with fresh homemade blue cheese dressing swirled into it? It is a whole 'nother creature entirely. After that I can't eat plain tomato soup any more, It was too awesome.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: helens
Stats: Biggest/Big/130
WOE: Atkins Induction 1-21-08
Start Date: June 2007
Well, anything with bleu cheese in it HAS to be good! lol Might be worth a try...hmmm...wonder what aisle that tomato soup would be in?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #132
JBo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JBo
Stats: 230/179/160
WOE: ZC
Quote:

Ketchup on grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, on almost everything. I love the stuff so much that as a lifelong republican, I voted for John Kerry because I didn't want his wife to stop making low carb ketchup.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #133
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Have any of you tried tomato soup with fresh homemade blue cheese dressing swirled into it? It is a whole 'nother creature entirely. After that I can't eat plain tomato soup any more, It was too awesome.
Bleu cheese Don't like that either

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBo View Post
Ketchup on grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, on almost everything. I love the stuff so much that as a lifelong republican, I voted for John Kerry because I didn't want his wife to stop making low carb ketchup.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #134

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I'm making a double batch this afternoon..OKAY..those with muffin top pans..you have to spray the pans like crazy with Pam..(voice of experience)..

I love this tomato soup recipe:

1 can Hunt's tomato sauce
1/2 can of water
2 tsp. of Splenda

Heat this in a small saucepan until combined and hot..Turn off stove then add
cream to taste..or half/half..

nommie..Hunt's has the lowest carb count.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #135

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I'm making a double batch this afternoon..OKAY..those with muffin top pans..you have to spray the pans like crazy with Pam..(voice of experience)..
Yes, yes, yes! I am making a double bacth of savory rolls today on my muffin top pan. I sprayed it pretty well when I made my first batch but still had a little "stickage" LOL! This time I will double the spray. I love that they come out perfectly round and all the same size but then I am a little crazy like that. :blush:
Old 01-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #136

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
If you don't have a muffin top pan use Reynolds non-stick aluminum foil on your baking sheet.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cap57
Stats: 155/150/135 (5'8")
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Sept. 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabinil View Post
If you don't have a muffin top pan use Reynolds non-stick aluminum foil on your baking sheet.
Now why didn't I read this before I just put another batch in the oven? I used parchment paper yesterday, and they stuck a bit, so today I sprayed the parchment, but I the nonstick foil. It's pricy, so I only use it for things that are likely to stick. I'll remember next time!

I had a burger on one today for lunch, and it was surprisingly bread-like. It provides a great vehicle to transport the burger and it's toppings to your mouth! I've tried many bread substitutes using LC flour replacements, and they all have a certain funky taste. I'm just amazed that something that uses readily available ingredients can work so well as a roll sub, (or even a sub roll!)
Old 01-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: StacyW
Stats: 197/191/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 20, 2014
I made a batch of these a couple of hours ago. Then I put them to the ultimate test. The leftover meatloaf sandwich. Oh yeah, they passed with flying colors!!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #139

Gallery: Rory
Stats: 20W/14M/8
Also held up to:
Scrambled egg sandwich
Hot Dog with Sauerkraut

Sometimes you just want to stuff your food between two slices of bread before you eat it. A hot dog cut up on a plate just isn't a hot dog!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlmondBear
Stats: blubbery/roly-poly/toothpick
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: January 2008
Yuck!! it smells and taste like egg, I can't trick myself into thinking it's bread lol I think I made them right? I couldn't get them to set individually so I made it like a cake, and it has the consistency of sponge cake, the edges where very flaky/dusty almost bread like, but even then i could tell the difference and didn't like what i tasted I guess If my idea of bread was something rubbery, spongy and very eggy smelling, they would be perfect it certainly looked like bread but didn't taste like bread, maybe if i could have gotten them to set individually they might have tasted better, less sponge cake like and less eggy smelling/tasting

Pic of my revol-oooooopsie "cake"

Old 01-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #141
hay
Funfetti Freak

Anyone use foil on the baking sheet? I would think this would make them burn....but if anyone has been successful I will use it!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #142

Quote:
Anyone use foil on the baking sheet? I would think this would make them burn....but if anyone has been successful I will use it!

I use the Reynolds non stick aluminum foil with no problems.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #143
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
I use the Reynolds non stick aluminum foil with no problems.
Good to know, thanks!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #144

Gallery: Rory
Stats: 20W/14M/8
Mine were eggy but not in a gross way. I thought about Hallah bread while I ate it.
I use parchment paper
Old 01-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #145
hay
Funfetti Freak

Are you not supposed to put wax paper in the oven?
Old 01-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #146

Wax paper & parchment paper are two different things. You can bake w/parchment paper.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #147
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Wax paper & parchment paper are two different things. You can bake w/parchment paper.
Seeee....on the box it says OVEN SAFE---- I didn't think you could put it in, but since the box said it was OK, I did, and the apartment filled up with smoke! The store was all out of parchment....hmmmm will have to do with foil tonight.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GardenGirl639
Stats: 229/189/145 5'3 3/4"
Quote:
Seeee....on the box it says OVEN SAFE---- I didn't think you could put it in, but since the box said it was OK, I did, and the apartment filled up with smoke! The store was all out of parchment....hmmmm will have to do with foil tonight.
You can cook with wax paper as long as the paper isn't exposed. For instance, many bakers grease their pans and then cut a piece of wax paper to line the bottom of the pan with. They pour the batter over it and then bake the cake. This makes the cake easier to get out of the pan. For this use, the paper is safe in the oven because it is covered by the batter.

When the wax paper is exposed, it dries out and then burns.

Parchment paper will also burn in the oven if the piece is to big for the pan and hangs over the edges. (Ask me how I know this)

Probably, if you cut your wax paper into small round pieces just slightly bigger than your rolls, you could use the wax paper to bake them on, but it would be a lot of work!!!!

Hope that helps.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."-Thomas Edison
"I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000 step process"-Thomas Edison
"It's never too late to be who you might have been"-George Eliot
Dream it, talk it, live it. -Rose Fitzgerald
Old 01-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #149
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenGirl639 View Post
You can cook with wax paper as long as the paper isn't exposed. For instance, many bakers grease their pans and then cut a piece of wax paper to line the bottom of the pan with. They pour the batter over it and then bake the cake. This makes the cake easier to get out of the pan. For this use, the paper is safe in the oven because it is covered by the batter.

When the wax paper is exposed, it dries out and then burns.

Parchment paper will also burn in the oven if the piece is to big for the pan and hangs over the edges. (Ask me how I know this)

Probably, if you cut your wax paper into small round pieces just slightly bigger than your rolls, you could use the wax paper to bake them on, but it would be a lot of work!!!!

Hope that helps.
Oh well, silly me. I'll just use foil til I go to the store next. Thanks for the help
Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: michelemomof2
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 18, 2004
Haystar - The foil is called Reynolds Release. I used it to make mine and they did not stick at all.